By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony is the next Nintendo

What you fail to realize is that Nintendo had been thinking about Wii games and doing research on what direction they wanted to go, and really, they blind-sided the 3rd parties. Third parties were like, "what the shit are we supposed to do? What kind of games are we suposed to make? What's going to sell?".

This is the major difference.

Games sell on the vita, and developers know what gamers want to play.

Also, thank you for gathering all the SCE sales for the first five days of sales, I was looking for a quick resource for that.

Around the Network

Haven't they announced that over 100 titles were in development back at TGS? I don't think all of those are Sony developed titles... What's wrong with first party titles selling more during launch? The people who buy systems at launch are usually the most devoted fans and are therefore usually more interested in first party titles. Third party software will likely drive sales further as the system's life moves on. So it is too premature to make these kinds of judgements now.

kind of funny how things can turn out

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

3rd parties are doomed

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

This has to be Rolstoppable's least successful thread. That dude is washed up IMO.

Around the Network

Rol thread... I'm not taking it too seriously.

I totally agree with the thing about SCE making more fist party titles, though. They need to.

I agree, Sony is domed.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Andrespetmonkey said:

You shouldn't give serious replies to Rol threads. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

I never thought I'd see the day Rol would have to bump his own thread. I guess the old guy has lost his charm.

Jay520 said:
I never thought I'd see the day Rol would have to bump his own thread. I guess the old guy has lost his charm.

It's because it's in Sales Discusiion and most people don't ever look in there.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger