By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Wii U Thread!: Pokemon Rubmle U coming to Wii U

Tagged games:

What old franchise should Nintendo revive first on the Wii U?

Star Fox 220 47.31%

F-Zero 110 23.66%

Wave Race 29 6.24%

Top-Down Zelda 55 11.83%

Show me the results. 28 6.02%

Total:442
zero129 said:
I bet that twice the power of 360 rumors are false.

Predicting more or less? And what does twice the power mean ultimately? What is the current power, and what would 2x be?

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Rumored? I thought I gave an official article. Damn my "Special Eyes"!

Quite the opposite, really. That article did not sound especially well-informed at all.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

zero129 said:
happydolphin said:
zero129 said:

Predicting more or less? And what does twice the power mean ultimately? What is the current power, and what would 2x be?

Twice the power means, you might as well forget about 1080P output for most games. Think PS2 to Wii in terms of what the diffrance would be between Wii U and Xbox 360, if it is only twice as powerfull that is. This is why i don't think them Rumors are true, Nintendo doesn't want to lose 3rd partys like they did with the Wii. Imo it will be atleast 4-5 times more powerfull then 360, And will be able to do 1080P output for pretty much all its games.

I'm not even sure where that "2x the power" number originally came from, just that it's been quoted so many times that most people seem to accept this as fact.

What is known is that it's using an R700 based AMD GPU (mostly likely RV770) closely related to the GPU used in the consumer HD4850 VGA card of 2008, which without a doubt, had more than 2x the graphical processing power of the ATI Xenos in the Xbox 360. 1920x1080 resolution at playable (above 30fps) framerates are possible for most games, with the most current graphics engines running at reduced detail/no anti-aliasing. 

4-5x would seem more inline with the performance of the R700, assuming nothing was hobbling the system as a whole. That would also fall in line with the other claim that the Xbox 3.0 with AMD HD6670 has roughly 20% (not my quote; how is a precise number like 20% rough anyway?) more performance than the Wii U. 

Anyway, if the latter is more accurate, then in practical application, the Wii U and the Xbox 3 will be essentially the same as far as processing power goes. Memory specs and SDK tools would matter more in terms of which games on which platform will look/perform better. 

greenmedic88 said:
zero129 said:
happydolphin said:
zero129 said:

Twice the power means, you might as well forget about 1080P output for most games. Think PS2 to Wii in terms of what the diffrance would be between Wii U and Xbox 360, if it is only twice as powerfull that is. This is why i don't think them Rumors are true, Nintendo doesn't want to lose 3rd partys like they did with the Wii. Imo it will be atleast 4-5 times more powerfull then 360, And will be able to do 1080P output for pretty much all its games.

I'm not even sure where that "2x the power" number originally came from, just that it's been quoted so many times that most people seem to accept this as fact.

What is known is that it's using an R700 based AMD GPU (mostly likely RV770) closely related to the GPU used in the consumer HD4850 VGA card of 2008, which without a doubt, had more than 2x the graphical processing power of the ATI Xenos in the Xbox 360. 1920x1080 resolution at playable (above 30fps) framerates are possible for most games, with the most current graphics engines running at reduced detail/no anti-aliasing. 

4-5x would seem more inline with the performance of the R700, assuming nothing was hobbling the system as a whole. That would also fall in line with the other claim that the Xbox 3.0 with AMD HD6670 has roughly 20% (not my quote; how is a precise number like 20% rough anyway?) more performance than the Wii U. 

Anyway, if the latter is more accurate, then in practical application, the Wii U and the Xbox 3 will be essentially the same as far as processing power goes. Memory specs and SDK tools would matter more in terms of which games on which platform will look/perform better. 

This would be more in line with how i expect the Nintendo-Sony/Microsoft gap to look like in the coming generation, instead of the radical leap between Wii and PS360, you'd have something more like "PC game on recommended settings" vs "PC game on Max settings."

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

flagstaad said:
Pavolink said:
Ok, so we know AssCreed III will come to WiiU, and now (maybe) the new MoH. Both, at October's final week.
If Nintendo wants to have third party support they need to release between end September/October at least in NA with their launch games.

Launch: September 30th / October 7th...

I think Nintendo can wait till the third week of october, maybe even last week of october. People will wait 1 or 2 weeks if the versions of the games they are getting are the best ones and launch with 2 of their own games, something for the mass family friendly market and something for the "hardcore" gamer (Retro Project?), and keep one or 2 more games for the nov-dec period.

If Ninty release in the last October's week it will have Nintendo games at launch, plus AssCreed III+MoHWarfighter+Killer Freaks+other games. It really depends on the release date of confirmed/quasi-confirmed games.

Actually, I like that date. (But inside me I want t be released before that...)

@Rumor 2x X360

Actually, I believe this rumor is real. Of course, in the correct context.

Firstly, 2x 360 seems more like the image quality we'll see with better textures and effects. Secondly, something the internet has been overlooked is about the controller. We don't know if the 2x proccessing power is with the controller functioning like in the Zelda/Garden/Tokio street demo streaming more than an image.

BTW, lets remind that Nintendo's fiscal year end is this 31th, but maybe we'll hear something until April's 23th-27th. And, Capcom's Captivate: RE6 WiiU? Let's see!

Finally, the bi-monthlys Nintendo Directs.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

This would be more in line with how i expect the Nintendo-Sony/Microsoft gap to look like in the coming generation, instead of the radical leap between Wii and PS360, you'd have something more like "PC game on recommended settings" vs "PC game on Max settings."

Except consoles utilize hardware resources better than PCs since they are specifically engineered to function synergistcally as game playing devices. Meaning, I would expect to get better performance from say an RV770 in the Wii U than the RV770 used in the HD4850 in a PC build with 8GB RAM and a quad core Intel i7 CPU running at similar clock speeds (not that anyone would build a gaming PC with a 4 year old VGA card). 

Of course expecting "PC game on Max settings" with a console simply isn't realistic since that can require multiple VGA card system builds where the cost of the video cards alone can reach and easily exceed $1000. It's not difficult to spend more on a single VGA card than one would for a console. 

And then there's the fact that the RV770 is a throwback to 2008 GPU technology and the HD6670 rumored in the Xbox 3 is 2010 GPU technology and expectations should be adjusted appropriately regardless of how optimized the hardware is and how well the SDK tools allow developers to maximize the hardware resources at hand. 

greenmedic88 said:

I appreciate the clarification

IamAwsome said:
DanneSandin said:
Nintendo could release NSMBmii during spring in 3013: it would still sell like crazy, and it wouldn't crush 3rd party support... Better yet: release it when MS/Sony launches their new systems, stealing their big moment!

That was actually a great idea.

Well thank you :D

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Gilmour said:
I'm so hyped for the Wii U. The wait is aweful.

I'm pretty sure Nintendo's gonna rape the hell out of Microsoft and Sony for their press conference this year.

Word!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Think this is coming to Wii U?
http://gamingeverything.com/16691/rumor-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3x-incoming/

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3