By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Wii U Thread!: Pokemon Rubmle U coming to Wii U

Tagged games:

What old franchise should Nintendo revive first on the Wii U?

Star Fox 220 47.31%

F-Zero 110 23.66%

Wave Race 29 6.24%

Top-Down Zelda 55 11.83%

Show me the results. 28 6.02%

Total:442
gameheart said:
spurgeonryan said:

You treat my thread well so I will treat you well.

Pach-Attack - Nintendo to 'Dreamcast themselves' with Wii U

Lol, now he seems to slowly be changing his mind. Says a lot of the bad game companies are gone now. 7-9 million dollars to make a smaller game he says?

Sorry embed may not work.

Dude, I'm really starting to get sick of this imbecile. It was somewhat amusing for a while
that someone could be so damn stupid, but it's starting to get on my nerves. I hope WiiU is
the best selling system of all time purely to prove what an idiot he is. Maybe then he might
finally lose his job, but I doubt it. 

I'm 95% certain Pachter really doesn't give a shovel about the gaming industry with those
    comments.Sometimes I get the feeling, he is trying to convince the investors not to buy nintendo
    stock on purpose cuz he wants nintendo to fail personally.

The reason why the Dreamcast happened was that it was the end of a long line in gigantic
    failures on Sega's part:-

#1 - The Game Gear - A portable device that was a terrible portable device.
    #2 - The Sega CD - An overpriced add-on that, while offering the future of gaming, ultimately
         did nothing for the Gensis platform
    #3 - The 32X - Dead before it released, again, did nothing for the Genesis platform
    #4 - The Saturn. Overpriced and too complicated to develop for, the Saturn was blown out of the
         water by the Playstation mere months after it came out unexpectedly at E3 1995.
    #5 - The Dreamcast. What killed it? The PS2 mostly. The lack of a DVD player also helped, along
         with no 3rd party support since Sega couldn't sustain the system by itself.

Now, if you want to say what blunders Nintendo are from Pachter's perspective, it's thus:
    #1 - Not releasing Wii HD in 2009
    #2 - Not releasing Wii HD in 2010
    #3 - Not releasing Wii HD in 2011
    #4 - Not releasing 3DS above $250
    #5 - Not releasing Wii U as next gen

Getting desperate to be right and thinks he is brilliant

To be fair, Pachter DOES have some points! If the WiiU truly isn't a next gen it'll be left in the dust by PS720! If it's merely a little better than current gen, then 3rd party will lose interest when the true next gen is coming...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

I think Nintendo could make it work if marketed right! Wii brand is strong but Nintendo`s name also is and people know it`s Nintendo Wii.

Toxicspikes said:

Rumor: Wii U to be called NES6?

Source: http://cultofclicks.blogspot.com/2012/03/wii-u-is-out-nes-6-is-in.html

Hahaha lulz! That's such a fake! The "6" is too reminiscent of the Dreamcast logo, as stated in the article to be believable!

Nintendo has tweaked the Wii U so it can run Unreal Engine 4?

http://wiiublog.com/rumor-nintendo-has-tweaked-the-wii-u-so-it-can-run-unreal-engine-4/

DanneSandin said:
Toxicspikes said:

Hahaha lulz! That's such a fake! The "6" is too reminiscent of the Dreamcast logo, as stated in the article to be believable!

Very true. It would be a good name though.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
DélioPT said:
About the Wii U being on the level of UE4... it could happen. Could be good for Nintendo on the long run (not lagging behind the competition in the coming years). Just don`t know if that will mean a higher price tag for the console... probably will. Could this be the reason why Epic was on NDA this GDC?

Yeah I also think it would be in the best interest for Ninty to be able to support UE4 on WiiU! Or else they would be out run be the competition later on - and that would mean no more 3rd party support AGAIN... And I don't think WiiU will have around 50% market share (like the Wii used to have)which means they really need the 3rd parties to make it, else it be a new GC...

It does help Nintendo show that it`s commited to 3rd parties.
About the market share... my opinion is, and this is a bit tricky, Wii wasn`t the console hardcore gamers wanted so they ended up buying Xbox 360 and PS3. If Nintendo can appeal to those lost gamers by giving them the games they want, while still appealing to the casual crowd, there`s a good chance Wii U could sell very, very well.
With all the games announced it`s clear that Wii U is already an option to developers. NG3, AC3, B:AC, Dirt, GR Online, etc, isn`t this proof that developers are betting on Wii U in a way that they didn`t with Wii?
The casual crowd can belong to Nintendo again if it`s smart: the tablet controller, Wii series games, online store and other functionalities like facebook, video streaming culd make Nintendo succeed once more.

Toxicspikes said:
DanneSandin said:
Toxicspikes said:

Very true. It would be a good name though.

I like the NES part, but ain't to crazy about the 6 :P cant we name it Mega Super Nintendo Entertainment System!? :D MSNES

DélioPT said:
DanneSandin said:
DélioPT said:
About the Wii U being on the level of UE4... it could happen. Could be good for Nintendo on the long run (not lagging behind the competition in the coming years). Just don`t know if that will mean a higher price tag for the console... probably will. Could this be the reason why Epic was on NDA this GDC?

Yeah I also think it would be in the best interest for Ninty to be able to support UE4 on WiiU! Or else they would be out run be the competition later on - and that would mean no more 3rd party support AGAIN... And I don't think WiiU will have around 50% market share (like the Wii used to have)which means they really need the 3rd parties to make it, else it be a new GC...

It does help Nintendo show that it`s commited to 3rd parties.
About the market share... my opinion is, and this is a bit tricky, Wii wasn`t the console hardcore gamers wanted so they ended up buying Xbox 360 and PS3. If Nintendo can appeal to those lost gamers by giving them the games they want, while still appealing to the casual crowd, there`s a good chance Wii U could sell very, very well.
With all the games announced it`s clear that Wii U is already an option to developers. NG3, AC3, B:AC, Dirt, GR Online, etc, isn`t this proof that developers are betting on Wii U in a way that they didn`t with Wii?
The casual crowd can belong to Nintendo again if it`s smart: the tablet controller, Wii series games, online store and other functionalities like facebook, video streaming culd make Nintendo succeed once more.

Yes, the Wii wasn't the console that hardcore gamers wanted - and neither were GameCube, obviously, nor N64 - even thu they had the best graphics for their days... Why would WiiU be the hardcore gamers first choice if it doesn't have all the 3rd party games? It's software that sells a system.

Yes, WiiU seems to be very interesting to developers at the moment - but will it be as interesting when the next MS/Sony systems hits the market? WiiU really need good graphics - it doesn't have to be THE best, but good enough.

But I agree with you: the WiiU COULD sell very, very well! It could be the choice for hardcore gamers AND casual - Nintendo just have to play it really, really good :)

Twice as powerful wouldn't be that much, if MicroSony take the same route they took this gen, and make the consoles very powerful, they'll easily make the Wii U look dated, Wii U will be behind in Graphics, Physics, AI, and probably online player counts. This wouldn't help them with third party support, which they are apparently trying to win back, because games will easily look and run better on other consoles, leading to better sales on other consoles.

But I guess Wii never needed powerful next-gen hardware to succeed, so I doubt the Wii U will either.

These are just rumours though so I really don't know what will actually happen.

DanneSandin said:

Yes, the Wii wasn't the console that hardcore gamers wanted - and neither were GameCube, obviously, nor N64 - even thu they had the best graphics for their days... Why would WiiU be the hardcore gamers first choice if it doesn't have all the 3rd party games? It's software that sells a system.

I would not ever say that Nintendo ever released a console that "hardcore gamers" liked. The first of those type of people only started playing consoles when Xbox came out. Before they only played PC games and dungeons of dragons; and back then instead of "hardcore gamers" they called themselves 1337 D00Ds, and everyone else called them nerds and geeks.

Nintendo and Sony always appealed to standard, regular, gamers before the PS3 - the same type of standard gamer who bought most of the ~250 million Wii and DS systems over the last 6-7 years.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.