By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Wii U Thread!: Pokemon Rubmle U coming to Wii U

Tagged games:

What old franchise should Nintendo revive first on the Wii U?

Star Fox 220 47.31%

F-Zero 110 23.66%

Wave Race 29 6.24%

Top-Down Zelda 55 11.83%

Show me the results. 28 6.02%

Total:442
DanneSandin said:
DélioPT said:

It does help Nintendo show that it`s commited to 3rd parties.
About the market share... my opinion is, and this is a bit tricky, Wii wasn`t the console hardcore gamers wanted so they ended up buying Xbox 360 and PS3. If Nintendo can appeal to those lost gamers by giving them the games they want, while still appealing to the casual crowd, there`s a good chance Wii U could sell very, very well.
With all the games announced it`s clear that Wii U is already an option to developers. NG3, AC3, B:AC, Dirt, GR Online, etc, isn`t this proof that developers are betting on Wii U in a way that they didn`t with Wii?
The casual crowd can belong to Nintendo again if it`s smart: the tablet controller, Wii series games, online store and other functionalities like facebook, video streaming culd make Nintendo succeed once more.

Yes, the Wii wasn't the console that hardcore gamers wanted - and neither were GameCube, obviously, nor N64 - even thu they had the best graphics for their days... Why would WiiU be the hardcore gamers first choice if it doesn't have all the 3rd party games? It's software that sells a system.

Yes, WiiU seems to be very interesting to developers at the moment - but will it be as interesting when the next MS/Sony systems hits the market? WiiU really need good graphics - it doesn't have to be THE best, but good enough.

But I agree with you: the WiiU COULD sell very, very well! It could be the choice for hardcore gamers AND casual - Nintendo just have to play it really, really good :)

GC more than N64, but i don`t think that, after all mistakes Nintendo did in th N64 era, GC really had a honest chance. No great 2D Mario, mature Zelda and the best Mario Kart would have saved GC. PS1 and specially PS2 just did everything right, Not even MS, with all the hardcore attitude made a dent on PS2.

Wii U could be what PS2 was for that generation in terms of power and still be an option for developers if Nintendo and customers show these developers that Wii U is for all gamers, hardcore or not.

Honestly, i think Nintendo is in the best position of them all to be first once again and this time really appeal to eveyone like PS2 did.

Around the Network
DélioPT said:
DanneSandin said:
DélioPT said:

It does help Nintendo show that it`s commited to 3rd parties.
About the market share... my opinion is, and this is a bit tricky, Wii wasn`t the console hardcore gamers wanted so they ended up buying Xbox 360 and PS3. If Nintendo can appeal to those lost gamers by giving them the games they want, while still appealing to the casual crowd, there`s a good chance Wii U could sell very, very well.
With all the games announced it`s clear that Wii U is already an option to developers. NG3, AC3, B:AC, Dirt, GR Online, etc, isn`t this proof that developers are betting on Wii U in a way that they didn`t with Wii?
The casual crowd can belong to Nintendo again if it`s smart: the tablet controller, Wii series games, online store and other functionalities like facebook, video streaming culd make Nintendo succeed once more.

Yes, the Wii wasn't the console that hardcore gamers wanted - and neither were GameCube, obviously, nor N64 - even thu they had the best graphics for their days... Why would WiiU be the hardcore gamers first choice if it doesn't have all the 3rd party games? It's software that sells a system.

Yes, WiiU seems to be very interesting to developers at the moment - but will it be as interesting when the next MS/Sony systems hits the market? WiiU really need good graphics - it doesn't have to be THE best, but good enough.

But I agree with you: the WiiU COULD sell very, very well! It could be the choice for hardcore gamers AND casual - Nintendo just have to play it really, really good :)

GC more than N64, but i don`t think that, after all mistakes Nintendo did in th N64 era, GC really had a honest chance. No great 2D Mario, mature Zelda and the best Mario Kart would have saved GC. PS1 and specially PS2 just did everything right, Not even MS, with all the hardcore attitude made a dent on PS2.

Wii U could be what PS2 was for that generation in terms of power and still be an option for developers if Nintendo and customers show these developers that Wii U is for all gamers, hardcore or not.

Honestly, i think Nintendo is in the best position of them all to be first once again and this time really appeal to eveyone like PS2 did.

I really hope ur right! And the reason for why this might work: backwards compatablity. Families can still play the Wii games and don't have to buy more controllers 'n stuff. They might have to buy a second tablet eventually, but that'll be somewhere between $75-$100 - not all that much avtually...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DanneSandin said:

I really hope ur right! And the reason for why this might work: backwards compatablity. Families can still play the Wii games and don't have to buy more controllers 'n stuff. They might have to buy a second tablet eventually, but that'll be somewhere between $75-$100 - not all that much avtually...

That will help more than it has helped other times, seeing as the Wii remote will still be of use with Wii U, not only for Wii games, but also for Wii U games, which is great!
I hope Wii U tablets' price doesn`t go through the roof! :D

DélioPT said:
DanneSandin said:

That will help more than it has helped other times, seeing as the Wii remote will still be of use with Wii U, not only for Wii games, but also for Wii U games, which is great!
I hope Wii U tablets' price doesn`t go through the roof! :D

Excactly ;)

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

I wish someone would explain what they meant by "twice as powerful" and how it was measured ...

Having dealt with countless project managers and QA people who have completely misunderstood countless complicated technical issues, I suspect that (unless you're getting this information directly from one of the technical leads) odds are pretty good that "twice as powerful" is an inaccurate over-simplification.

How I would expect this kind of information to be leaked is ...

In a studio that is porting their HD console game to the Wii U, the development team had the Wii U port up and running in a matter of weeks in a highly un-optimized form. While the initial build of the Wii U version may have had the higher detailed graphical assets of the PC version of the game, with some advanced graphical effects available in the PC version, or been rendered at a higher resolution it was only running at twice the frame-rate of the HD console version.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
gameheart said:
spurgeonryan said:

You treat my thread well so I will treat you well.

Pach-Attack - Nintendo to 'Dreamcast themselves' with Wii U

Lol, now he seems to slowly be changing his mind. Says a lot of the bad game companies are gone now. 7-9 million dollars to make a smaller game he says?

Sorry embed may not work.

Dude, I'm really starting to get sick of this imbecile. It was somewhat amusing for a while
that someone could be so damn stupid, but it's starting to get on my nerves. I hope WiiU is
the best selling system of all time purely to prove what an idiot he is. Maybe then he might
finally lose his job, but I doubt it. 

I'm 95% certain Pachter really doesn't give a shovel about the gaming industry with those
    comments.Sometimes I get the feeling, he is trying to convince the investors not to buy nintendo
    stock on purpose cuz he wants nintendo to fail personally.

The reason why the Dreamcast happened was that it was the end of a long line in gigantic
    failures on Sega's part:-

#1 - The Game Gear - A portable device that was a terrible portable device.
    #2 - The Sega CD - An overpriced add-on that, while offering the future of gaming, ultimately
         did nothing for the Gensis platform
    #3 - The 32X - Dead before it released, again, did nothing for the Genesis platform
    #4 - The Saturn. Overpriced and too complicated to develop for, the Saturn was blown out of the
         water by the Playstation mere months after it came out unexpectedly at E3 1995.
    #5 - The Dreamcast. What killed it? The PS2 mostly. The lack of a DVD player also helped, along
         with no 3rd party support since Sega couldn't sustain the system by itself.

Now, if you want to say what blunders Nintendo are from Pachter's perspective, it's thus:
    #1 - Not releasing Wii HD in 2009
    #2 - Not releasing Wii HD in 2010
    #3 - Not releasing Wii HD in 2011
    #4 - Not releasing 3DS above $250
    #5 - Not releasing Wii U as next gen

Getting desperate to be right and thinks he is brilliant

To be fair, Pachter DOES have some points! If the WiiU truly isn't a next gen it'll be left in the dust by PS720! If it's merely a little better than current gen, then 3rd party will lose interest when the true next gen is coming...

Yes, i quite understand what you are saying but in pachter's case there is no "if" in his statement and he talks as if he already knows what the machine is capable of, but truth being told nobody knows where the power of the machine is measured up to, all are just guesses and speculation all over the net. Only Ninty themselves know and few third parties to some extent. So he that just believes in his analogy, has no position at all to decide the power which Ninty is aiming when he absolutely has no information on WiiU's power. And please for christ sake let the machine be revealed to the public first before he talks.

New NG3 footage.

Toxicspikes said:

Rumor: Wii U to be called NES6?

Source: http://cultofclicks.blogspot.com/2012/03/wii-u-is-out-nes-6-is-in.html

I'm not buying it.

spurgeonryan said:
Toxicspikes said:

OH god! That would be horrible. I am fine with Wii U other than it may confuse consumers who are not looking at games for half the day like us.

That's actually a tentative of stealth-trolling, look at that 6...  The Nintendo 6 is doomed

IamAwsome said:
Toxicspikes said:

I'm not buying it.

it would be more believable if the logo didn't look like it was drawn be a homeless...

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .