By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Wii U Thread!: Pokemon Rubmle U coming to Wii U

Tagged games:

What old franchise should Nintendo revive first on the Wii U?

Star Fox 220 47.31%

F-Zero 110 23.66%

Wave Race 29 6.24%

Top-Down Zelda 55 11.83%

Show me the results. 28 6.02%

Total:442

Nintendo’s upcoming console is fully backward compatible with Wii titles. According to Spanish Wii U brand manager Pepe Arcas, it is possible to play Wii games on the Wii U GamePad – thanks to its sensor bar (similar to the sensor bar for Wii), which makes it possible for consumers to point toward its touchscreen and interact with it by using a Wii Remote. This feature hasn’t been confirmed by Nintendo, however.

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/08/10/wii-games-are-playable-on-the-wii-u-gamepad/

Around the Network

^ if that's true it will be extremely painful to play games which use the wii mote a lot, like SS, Mario Galaxy, Wii Sports, etc, but for games like SSB this is pretty interesting

Nintendo and PC gamer

Viper1 said:
thekitchensink said:
“the friends list from the Wii U console.”

This worries me. I hope he means 'from the Nintendo Network'. I really do not want friends lists that are tied to one single console anymore.

Each console can have up to 12 user accounts and each user account has their own friends list.

PSwii60 said:

Hopefuly, that's just a mistake the same way Fallon called Wii U a Wii add-on. I also don't want digital games tied to a console anymore either. I have bought games at least twice (Wii, 3DS) this gen. Not to mention, the hard copies. Damn it, Nintendo.

Downloadable games on 3DS can be redownloaded as needed from the eShop.  If you buy a new 3DS, you can do a full system transfer so you don't even need to download it again.

Oh yeah, forgot about that XD

I believe what PSwii60 was saying, though, is that he bought a game on the Wii Virtual Console, like the first Super Mario Bros., and had to buy it again to play it on his 3DS, whereas on PS3 and PSP/Vita, you can buy a downloadable PS1 game on one of them and play it on the others at no additional charge.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

But I can already play my Wii games on my Wii.
Your argument is invalid.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

thekitchensink said:

Oh yeah, forgot about that XD

I believe what PSwii60 was saying, though, is that he bought a game on the Wii Virtual Console, like the first Super Mario Bros., and had to buy it again to play it on his 3DS, whereas on PS3 and PSP/Vita, you can buy a downloadable PS1 game on one of them and play it on the others at no additional charge.

Probably won't be an issue this time around because the eShop and Nintendo Network are all interlinked to an account.  Think about the fact that they are talking about accessing your account from a PC or any other Internet enabled device?   This means that accounts are on the backend, not locked to a console.  Therfore games would be linked to the account, not the console.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

Lol whats the point in playing in front of a tiny Upad screen with a wiimote and a nunchuk. Hilarious pictures going on in my head right now. Seriously this is fucked up and another setup for ridicule from other companies supporters. I would be satisified if I could play CCPro games like Xenoblade on the pad though.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Chandler said:
Lol whats the point in playing in front of a tiny Upad screen with a wiimote and a nunchuk. Hilarious pictures going on in my head right now. Seriously this is fucked up and another setup for ridicule from other companies supporters. I would be satisified if I could play CCPro games like Xenoblade on the pad though.

Having two screens means that the other guy can't see what you're doing on the GamePad... just a suggestion :P

And it's looking more and more like Assassins Creed 3, Wario, and NSMB U (if it's at launch) for me with the Wii U! Awesome!

"http://mynintendonews.com/2012/08/10/wii-games-are-playable-on-the-wii-u-gamepad/"

Slow news I guess, since we already knew about this last year...

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

This doesn't sound like an ideal setup, since you get neither the sheer size of a TV screen nor the immediacy of a screen in your hands. However, it's nice that the "play games on the controller" bullet-point also applies to last-gen titles. The GamePad's sensor bar also seems to allow for pointing to something on one screen with the Wiimote and moving it to the other, like that patent diagram implies.

Has there been any announments or roumers pointing to a trophy/achievement system?