By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Wii U Thread!: Pokemon Rubmle U coming to Wii U

Tagged games:

What old franchise should Nintendo revive first on the Wii U?

Star Fox 220 47.31%

F-Zero 110 23.66%

Wave Race 29 6.24%

Top-Down Zelda 55 11.83%

Show me the results. 28 6.02%

Total:442

^That's getting ridiculous.

The game will be available on the other platforms in a month. Nintendo has to start talking about the WiiU version now to try to convince some people to hold on their purchase and grab if for WiiU.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Give me some WiiU footage except from Pikmin3 and NSMBU!! I wanna see Darksiders!! Those Nintendo Ninjas are simply to good for their own good...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Viper1 said:
DanneSandin said:

That's just crazy! How come games out side the states are so much more expensive?!

There can be several factors depending on the country.

Some have higher import taxes.
Some require lots of localization work.
Some countries have indirect distribution (Nintendo, Sony or MS sells to a distributor who them sells to retailers).
Some countries require more expensive transit.
Some countries have VAT (taxes directly added to the cost).
Some countries have higher retailer margins.

As you can see, that can all add up.

Yeah, I think it's another company that's distributing Nintendos games over here... Could be that :P

I really don't get Nintendo sometimes, why all the secrecy about the Wii U?, they should allow third parties to talk all they want about the game. I understand Nintendo doesn't want them to talk about the specs, but the games itself it's just stupid imo

Nintendo and PC gamer

osed125 said:

I really don't get Nintendo sometimes, why all the secrecy about the Wii U?, they should allow third parties to talk all they want about the game. I understand Nintendo doesn't want them to talk about the specs, but the games itself it's just stupid imo

They said it's because they didn't want to show their cards too soon, although the competition has at least a whole year ahead of them, I don't know what a few extra months in advance is really worth all this hassle.

I have no clue why the Darksiders 2 developers can't talk about their game, but it does hurt the Wii U version.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

FIFA 13 on Wii U will have better graphics than on PS3 and 360 and will let you call plays using the touchscreen. http://mynintendonews.com/2012/08/01/wii-us-fifa-13-looks-better-than-playstation-3-xbox-360-versions/

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

^That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

BasilZero said:
osed125 said:

To build up hype for when the system launches.

Yeah but it requires time to get people hyped for a game, it they start talking about it just one month before launch not enough people will be interested in the game, especially if they have to show the unique thing the GamePad can do

Nintendo and PC gamer

There was a study on "hype" and presence in the customer's mind. It seems things only stay fresh in the customer's mind a few weeks. So starting the hype on titles especially if they are new titles is better only two/three months out. Established franchises are effected by this but not as much so as new IPs. And the "Nintendo Direct" that will be covering all thing (that Nintendo wants to talk about) Wii U is rumor to be at the end of this month to early September, giving them a two-to-three month ramp before launch.

BlkPaladin said:
There was a study on "hype" and presence in the customer's mind. It seems things only stay fresh in the customer's mind a few weeks. So starting the hype on titles especially if they are new titles is better only two/three months out. Established franchises are effected by this but not as much so as new IPs. And the "Nintendo Direct" that will be covering all thing (that Nintendo wants to talk about) Wii U is rumor to be at the end of this month to early September, giving them a two-to-three month ramp before launch.

Holding info on games that launch in September or October is one thing, but for the games like Darksiders II that will launch this August it's absurd.

If you don't say anything about it, people won't know if it's better than the PS3360 version or/and if the extras are worth to hold on their purchase and wait for the better version, so they will buy the other versions and, once the game launches on WiiU, it will sell like crap because most people will already have it.

Holding info to increase hype near launch: good.

Holding info that will damage your future sales: bad.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.