By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Wii U Thread!: Pokemon Rubmle U coming to Wii U

Tagged games:

What old franchise should Nintendo revive first on the Wii U?

Star Fox 220 47.31%

F-Zero 110 23.66%

Wave Race 29 6.24%

Top-Down Zelda 55 11.83%

Show me the results. 28 6.02%

Total:442

Holy cow. The Wii U rumors are starting to behave like a trend. Blu-Ray? I thought it was already confirmed they are to use a proprietary optical discs. The list sounds too good to be true.

Around the Network
leon.hart said:
Holy cow. The Wii U rumors are starting to behave like a trend. Blu-Ray? I thought it was already confirmed they are to use a proprietary optical discs. The list sounds too good to be true.

And it is confirmed. That's why the Blu-Ray part is within quotes, because it's similar tech but not the same.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

^Six games from Ubisoft fro the WiiU?

I know/remember Assassins Creed, Rayman, Just Dance, Ghost Recon Online and Killer Freaks. Which is the other one?

And, will they have an ace up in their sleeve to show during Nintendo's conference?

I believe Rabbids was one of their announced games, or could just be a rumor.. Even if it is though I have a feeling it's true. Or maybe Red Steel 3? O_o

I gotta say, Ubisoft is impressing me with their Wii U lineup right out the gate. Assassin's Creed 3, Rayman, and Killer Freaks should all seem like potentially great games. Though they had a lot of stuff out the gate for Wii too, but most of it sucked. Hopefully they learned their lesson.

Metallicube said:
JEMC said:

^Six games from Ubisoft fro the WiiU?

I know/remember Assassins Creed, Rayman, Just Dance, Ghost Recon Online and Killer Freaks. Which is the other one?

And, will they have an ace up in their sleeve to show during Nintendo's conference?

I believe Rabbids was one of their announced games, or could just be a rumor.. Even if it is though I have a feeling it's true. Or maybe Red Steel 3? O_o

I gotta say, Ubisoft is impressing me with their Wii U lineup right out the gate. Assassin's Creed 3, Rayman, and Killer Freaks should all seem like potentially great games. Though they had a lot of stuff out the gate for Wii too, but most of it sucked. Hopefully they learned their lesson.

No, they haven't said anything about Rabbids yet, although we know they will appear on Rayman Legends thanks to that leaked video.

And I completely forgot about Red Steel! But I don't know if they will use that franchise, they second one didn't sell well and now with the new controller I don't think they'll go with swords again. Killer Freaks is their new Red Steel.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
leon.hart said:

And it is confirmed. That's why the Blu-Ray part is within quotes, because it's similar tech but not the same.

Ah. Thank you for clarifying. As I understood, DVD and Blu-Ray may be the only two media that will not be on the Wii U but with the purchase of MobiClip, and being that Wii has 'News' & 'Weather' and later Netflix and Hulu, I am confident Nintendo will easily compensate those two with a more variety of other sources of media.

Netflix, however, is only available in the US and Canada.

Around the Network

Yeah Nintendo like go to one of the members of the media (Usually Panasonic) and have them make a disc based off the tech, usually it is the same type of disc it just runs backwards, so they don't have to pay licensing fees to anyone but their tech partners for the system.

Hmm..., I think this may might indicate that the Wii U will be using a variant of the blueray player, but it cannot play movies for cheaper costs, as they confirmed it won't be playing movies from discs.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

This whole Blu-ray speculation is taken out of context. The word "bluray" is in quotation marks because it's talking about Nintendo's proprietary discs that are virtually the same size as BR discs. Read the original post for clarification. Always look to the original source!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38142461&postcount=2303

Yeah... I think someone is reading too much into the bluray part. I'd still bet on it having a simple proprietary 50GB capacity disc that is similar to bluray (hopefully including the anti-scratch layer) and not actual bluray capabilities.

At this points its a non-issue as anyone can get a good quality cheap player. I'm more interested in its proposed digitial solution anyways. I'm done with disc media.

Nintendo, ditch Bluray for media and use DLNA instead.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"