By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What console will you be buying next gen?

PS4, PSVita and I already have 3DS.

I might also consider Wii U when the next Monolith game releases, but only a used one. I wouldn't want to be giving money to Nintendo.

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:
Jay520 said:
DanneSandin said:

And besides, isn't there MORE nintendo fans here than Sony/MS??

Yes, by a large amount.

A lot of PS fans got banned. Playstation use to rule the forum once upon a time.

I wish I could have seen that!!!!!!!!!

Already own a 3DS and a PS Vita.

Depending on the MSRP of the Wii U, I may buy that next. If it's $299, I'll likely pre-order one even if there isn't a single game I want on launch.

Xbox 3, PS4 depends on launch price, launch release catalog and features.

PS3 BC and a $399 MSRP = pre-order/day one purchase. Solid launch catalog but no PS3 BC (likely given the presumed move away from CBE CPU) and $399 MSRP = pre-order/day one purchase. Over $399 MSRP: what the hell SCE? Didn't learn anything from the PS3?

Xbox 3 will have to be dependent upon the new feature set. Oddly as it may sound for someone who owns two Kinect cameras, neither of which are hooked up to the Xbox for games, Kinect 2.0 may be the game maker/breaker. I know the MSRP won't be a penny over that of the PS4. Nothing mind blowing for Kinect 2.0 = the $400 that would have gone into the Xbox 3 will instead go towards a new VGA card for the PC.

The NIntendo crowd on VGC is likely to see a resurgence with the impending release of the Wii U.

And hey: they will rightfully be able to claim without dispute that Nintendo has 100% of the next gen console sales. How about that?

most likely the next PS console i definitely dont think i'll get the wiiu the last nintendo console i was hyped about was the 64 bought the GC pretty late for RE4 that later came to ps2, and dont own a wii. i usually try to buy 1 console per gen but couldnt do that yet, it really depends on how many games turn to multi plats for next gen and what type of new ips we see that determines if i want both PS and Xbox

Around the Network

Most probably all of the new consoles released by the big 3.

If I had to pick though, based on what I know: X720 -> WiiU -> PS4

This gen I've waited until just recently to try out the HD twins after they were much more affordable, although I purchased the Wii at launch. Next time around I'll not be buying any of them at launch, so It'll be another 5 years or so before I try them all out. I plan to purchase them all at some point, as long as they all have a strong focus on indie games (which were the best games I played this gen).

WiiU and PS4 and as for the handhelds...undecided.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

probably the 720 unless MS drops the ball. if it does either PS4 or i'l give up on games.

PS4, 3DS, Wiiu, Vita