By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Assassin's Creed 3 FIRST gameplay and story details!

And I thought the series jumped the shark when they added multiplayer, but this easily tops that. I think I'll pass on this one and wait till next year when we get Assassin's Creed 4: IN SPACE!!

I am only half joking here as I am sure we will either see this series milked to the point that no one buys it (like guitar hero) or a full game based more on the sci-fi aspects of the series (which never needed to be there in the first place) that could be set in a futuristic setting.

Around the Network

From Assassin's Creed II to Revelations, they have all been amazing and storywise, I like how they connect all the events in the game with real historical events and characters. I've played all from AC1 to Revelations, Ive even had Bloodlines. Its amazing.

DarthVolod said:

And I thought the series jumped the shark when they added multiplayer, but this easily tops that. I think I'll pass on this one and wait till next year when we get Assassin's Creed 4: IN SPACE!!

I am only half joking here as I am sure we will either see this series milked to the point that no one buys it (like guitar hero) or a full game based more on the sci-fi aspects of the series (which never needed to be there in the first place) that could be set in a futuristic setting.

There's a diference between milking a series and having a yearly release. My experience with series is that the gameplay changes and they add new elements and a new storyline. When you say milking I think of Call of Duty,the Hero series and now Skylanders. Activision is the mastermind behind milking. Ubisoft's recent games have all been excelently worked and how they have put more than 10 studios to work on Assassin's Creed you know that they care for this series and I dont think they'll let this die. 

GameBoss01 said:
DarthVolod said:

There's a diference between milking a series and having a yearly release. My experience with series is that the gameplay changes and they add new elements and a new storyline. When you say milking I think of Call of Duty,the Hero series and now Skylanders. Activision is the mastermind behind milking. Ubisoft's recent games have all been excelently worked and how they have put more than 10 studios to work on Assassin's Creed you know that they care for this series and I dont think they'll let this die. 

But all of those examples did change over time. Activision has at least different developers that have worked on the Call of Duty series, and each game does add new game play modes, features, and a new campaign story. Skylanders 2 will probably add new skylanders, levels, gameplay features and ect. Halo adds new features with each new game as well.

Assassin's Creed is no different. The first game, despite its flaws, was very enjoyable and it still stands as the best game in the series imo. Assassin's Creed 2 was still good, but the problems of a short development time were already apparent with combat that somehow felt even easier than 1, a story that became so convoluted and ridiculous that no one could follow it anymore without consulting a plot guide on the Internet, and a serious lack of any new gameplay innovation. Brotherhood was more of the same, and it served basically as a vehicle for the new multiplayer mode which was not bad, but not memorable either. I did not even bother with Revelations as I am done with the series after 2 and brotherhood.

Even though Assassin's Creed is basically following the same model as Halo, Call of Duty, and Madden it is, unlike those franchises, not too big to fail. Call of Duty is Activision's cash cow just as Halo is Microsoft's and Madden is EA's. Assassin's Creed may be Ubisoft's largest franchise, but it just can not keep putting up the big numbers. (on the Xbox 360) It started with a very healthy 5 million ... then 4.5 with assassin's creed 2, then 4 million with brotherhood, and just 3.5 with Revelations ... not a positive sales trend imo. These are still very big numbers, but I am not convinced that this series has staying power. The multiplayer has not caught on, and the story is a tangled mess at this point (which could have probably been avoided if they did not throw in all of the sci-fi crap). Ubisoft would have been better off releasing games every 2-3 years which would have given them time to make each game feel unique while serving as an improvement over the previous title. At this rate, I am not sure if this series will survive into the next gen of consoles.

amp316 said:
They should've made the main character 100% Native American, but that would have taken bigger balls, I guess.

They should have made it a female.

Around the Network

Hmm, half British and half Native American? He could be John Smith and Pocahontas's grandkid lol.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

haxxiy said:
amp316 said:
They should've made the main character 100% Native American, but that would have taken bigger balls, I guess.

They should have made it a female.

No, that would take less balls. 

Sorry, I couldn't help telling this awful joke.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:

I kind of like the mixed race thing. Gives the character links to multiple worlds while preventing him from being a full member of either. From a gameplay perspective, this means you can blend into and discover the same places at once.

If this turns out well, it may be my first Assassain's Creed.

Love and tolerate.

I like that the frontier will be more involved this time. I've always liked nature environments more than the city scene.

The series has been going downhill ever since the first game, so i am not expecting much from this game, Will play it eventually for the story because I've already played the previous four.