By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation Vita is the Wii

KungKras said:
theprof00 said:
KungKras said:

Well my thoughts about OP can be pretty much summed up as:

This is an excellent point. Sony is lacking in originality. I agree.

I know, I'm rather proud of it.

Well, it does seem more thought out than my OP.

Around the Network

I don't agreee.

AstroMaSSi rules

AstroMaSSi said:
I don't agreee.

We used to have great conversations about this kind of stuff back in the day. Now it's all non-content, and one word answers, or pictures.

Well, since Rol & Mr. Khan posted here, I'll poke out my little neck.

NINTENDO SOLIDARITY FTW!!!!! Lawl

Look Professor, the reality is that the Vita emerges from a very difficult situation on Sony's part. The question they must have asked themselves is "What are we doing wrong?", and "What is Nintendo doing right?".

With a goddamned console way weaker than the PSP, and 2D games, the DS managed to wipe the table clean. Seriously, it's to make one scratch his head very hard!

But, now they are trying to go upstream. Is it too late? Was it too late when Nintendo wanted to reclaim the general hobbyist crowd during the PS2 era. The sad answer is: Yes. :( Sorry for the gloom!

But! At least they are trying for God sakes!

happydolphin said:
Well, since Rol & Mr. Khan posted here, I'll poke out my little neck.

NINTENDO SOLIDARITY FTW!!!!! Lawl

Look Professor, the reality is that the Vita emerges from a very difficult situation on Sony's part. The question they must have asked themselves is "What are we doing wrong?", and "What is Nintendo doing right?".

With a goddamned console way weaker than the PSP, and 2D games, the DS managed to wipe the table clean. Seriously, it's to make one scratch his head very hard!

But, now they are trying to go upstream. Is it too late? Was it too late when Nintendo wanted to reclaim the general hobbyist crowd during the PS2 era. The sad answer is: Yes. :( Sorry for the gloom!

But! At least they are trying for God sakes!

Well, you're right and you're wrong.

They aren't necessarily moving upstream, that's just a natural movement from one gen to the next.

Rather, they are trying to counterattack by moving downstream into the apps market, but, the vita isn't a phone, so it kinda feels like a half hearted attempt. Like I said in the OP, someone walks by a sign and just sees it as a video game. A successful expanded product like Nintendo's is one that offers something else and then sneaks gaming into your hands.

Like tons of people bought a wii for wii fit, and then also bought some party games. Knaw mean?

Around the Network
theprof00 said:

Well, you're right and you're wrong.

They aren't necessarily moving upstream, that's just a natural movement from one gen to the next.

Rather, they are trying to counterattack by moving downstream into the apps market, but, the vita isn't a phone, so it kinda feels like a half hearted attempt. Like I said in the OP, someone walks by a sign and just sees it as a video game. A successful expanded product like Nintendo's is one that offers something else and then sneaks gaming into your hands.

Like tons of people bought a wii for wii fit, and then also bought some party games. Knaw mean?

Yaaah maan (I'm totally drunk right now), but what about a gaming device that introduces APPS!!? (the converse-yo!)

That's where swapnote, the e-shop and Nintendo video were awesome for me. I'm sure the Vita has stuff like that!

I sold my Wii in like... 3 months...

4 ≈ One

I don't thik they are the same.. at all.. when revolution was showed..(wii) i believed in it from start.. I saw "instantly" that people would like the new control to the nintendo games.. and same with 3ds.. no doubt in my mind..
Vita on the other hand.. can't see who should bye it.. to much a phone.. but can't call.. stupid sony.. big mistake.. soon ipad 3 and samsung 3 ofers more power. and bluetoth controller exist..

And to all the haters sayng wii are collection dust... wow thats insane.. combined whit mayby 50% pirat Wii's.. it't means that the arrage wii owner has 20 games.. that not dust.. thats a legend..

theprof00 said:
AstroMaSSi said:
I don't agreee.

We used to have great conversations about this kind of stuff back in the day. Now it's all non-content, and one word answers, or pictures.

Haha, I gave a proper response and got called boring. damned if you do, dcamned if you don't. I think the only safe thing to do on VGC anymore is to provide kitten pictures that have no relevance to what is being discussed.

Enjoy the SFW interracial lovin'

If PSV was Sony Wii they would change PSP screen into touchscreen and sell it for 200$ ;)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB