By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation Vita is the Wii

RolStoppable said:

But Sony could make the PSV a phone, right? Theoretically yes, but in praxis it's not going to work, because of size issues. A device with a d-pad, buttons and sticks cannot be, no matter what you do, shrunk to a comparable size of today's smartphones, thus it is unappealing to the crappy customer who would only game as an afterthought.

How the hell do you come up with these terms!? (this is me being baffled, in case the fallible side of you failed to catch that)

Around the Network
theprof00 said:

"Vita isn't anything like the Wii. For one, people actually bought the Wii. And it had games. More importantly, it actually was disruptive."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Vita released to the fanfare of many, and the ire of others.

"There's no room in the market for Vita"

"PS VITA is a gimmick"

Had you going there didn't I?

No this isn't a thread about how the Vita will surely be successful by comparing it to the Wii. I mean, for one, nobody likes the Wii really."

fuckin BUSTED. LOOOOOOOL

trying to play it cool. Please, I wrote the book on cool. Exit stage left, tail between legs.

You: "See, disruption is the key here."

Me: "Vita isn't disruptive."

fuckin BUSTED ROFFLE!!111

You just proved that you can't read at a 3rd grade level - I directly called you out in my first post and you didn't even realize it. Who's your ghost writer? You couldn't have written this because it implies that you know how to read, and someone that knows how to read wouldn't have set themselves up for a trap like this. Either you can't read or I completely destroyed your points resulting in you pretending to not be able to read my posts. Either one is embarassing for you, shut this thread down and apologize before you further humiliate yourself son.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
theprof00 said:

"Vita isn't anything like the Wii. For one, people actually bought the Wii. And it had games. More importantly, it actually was disruptive."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"PS VITA is a gimmick"

No this isn't a thread about how the Vita will surely be successful by comparing it to the Wii. I mean, for one, nobody likes the Wii really."

fuckin BUSTED. LOOOOOOOL

trying to play it cool. Please, I wrote the book on cool. Exit stage left, tail between legs.

You just proved that you can't read at a 3rd grade level - I directly called you out in my first post and you didn't even realize it. Who's your ghost writer? You couldn't have written this because it implies that you know how to read, and someone that knows how to read wouldn't have set themselves up for a trap like this. Either you can't read or I completely destroyed your points resulting in you pretending to not be able to read my posts. Either one is embarassing for you, shut this thread down and apologize before you further humiliate yourself son.

That paragraph is clearly talking about the wii and ds...

RolStoppable said:
happydolphin said:
RolStoppable said:

But Sony could make the PSV a phone, right? Theoretically yes, but in praxis it's not going to work, because of size issues. A device with a d-pad, buttons and sticks cannot be, no matter what you do, shrunk to a comparable size of today's smartphones, thus it is unappealing to the crappy customer who would only game as an afterthought.

How the hell do you come up with these terms!? (this is me being baffled, in case the fallible side of you failed to catch that)

I just assume something that exists in German also exists in English. Theorie und Praxis. Is that really something special?

The term fits the context perfectly, and conveys the exact meaning of what you intended to say. I never heard that word in my life before, but upon googling it I saw and I was shocked. oO But yeah, wow, I guess German helps for certain words then, I get that for French borrowed words, since I was raised with French. (I'm from Quebec, a very different part of Canada, we have our own unique identity hence my reduced patriotism and greater patriotism for french and my native province).

theprof00 said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
theprof00 said:

"PS VITA is a gimmick"

fuckin BUSTED. LOOOOOOOL

That paragraph is clearly talking about the wii and ds...

And my original post wasn't even about that paragraph, proving my point. I quoted the paragraph I was responding to for you and you ignored it.

On top of that, Vita isn't in competition with Wii and DS, it's in competition with 3DS (which itself is not disruptive), and the Vita can't be a counterattack as a PSP2. 3DS isn't a new direction for Nintendo, it's an old one. They completely dominated the handheld space up until the PSP arrived (and arguably that got dominated too), do you really think Nintendo isn't used to have the Resident Evils and the Metal Gears on their handhelds? Everything I said in my original post applies to both side of the arguments.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

vita like a wii?... hmm, almost ignored from 3rd parties but the best 1st party exclusives? Selling like crazy despite all the haters calling doom every other minute?... All jokes aside I hope it sells well.

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Sony messed up big time, I really wanted a Vita, since I'm looking for the ultimate portable but don't want to give in to Apple, however, Sony's still on that bull**** who in the hell wants to pay $100 for a gotdam 32 gb of memory???? Ridiculous. Like the saying goes, "AINT NO HALF STEPPIN", Vita simply doesn't know what it wants to be. they try to rape the consumer with memory sales, f that, I will NEVER give in to that type of bad business. Sony needs to take it on the chin and make up that money digitally, software sales, etc. So, they lose, big, again.

@7
Its really not bad.
300$ for 3g version with a psn game and 8gig card.
Whos gunna buy the 32 anyway?
I just downloaded corpse party, it was 500 mb. Save games for the vita are like 2mb. You really only need the 32 if you buy the psn versions of vita games like uncharted. But no need really.
Dont sell yourself short man.
You can make free internet calls with it, near is fantastic. Im just wlking around after work finding people who are playing and play with them. Its got netflix and a beautiful screen.
Its not going to break any ground and at most aell on par with psp, but it really is a great system if psp is your kinda thing.

se7en7thre3 said:
Sony messed up big time, I really wanted a Vita, since I'm looking for the ultimate portable but don't want to give in to Apple, however, Sony's still on that bull**** who in the hell wants to pay $100 for a gotdam 32 gb of memory???? Ridiculous. Like the saying goes, "AINT NO HALF STEPPIN", Vita simply doesn't know what it wants to be. they try to rape the consumer with memory sales, f that, I will NEVER give in to that type of bad business. Sony needs to take it on the chin and make up that money digitally, software sales, etc. So, they lose, big, again.

Good luck playing angry birds for the rest of your life because memory cards were too expensive.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

OP:Good point that you made, but i don't see PSV as much of gamechanger as advertised. I think the key theme of your post will be quite accurate with the release of the PS4. The success of the PS4 will define Sony's lasting figure within the gaming market.