By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation Vita is the Wii

sethnintendo said:
theprof00 said:

Wii targeted most of the population instead (except the REAL gamers).

There you have it.  I am not a real gamer.  Actually, I am glad not to be grouped with teenagers that like to flaunt their e-penis and talk shit about things that they have never even played or tried.

Agreed. I am old enough the be the father of those "know it all" but done nothing teenagers. I would rather play a different Wii game every day for a year than be considerd part of them.  (There, I have a new goal - to own 365 Wii games).

Mike from Morgantowm

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
mike_intellivision said:
Actually you could argue the PSP was the true disruptor. Because if you think about it, the PSP was actually more versatile that than the PSV because it could play movies from media.

Mike from Morgantown

psv has netflix

Not quite disruptive.

OT: Vita is no Wii in any form. Sony current financial situation is not the same as Nintendo's before the Wii, not even similar. On the other hand, transition between PSP and PSV, follows a mainstream path, more power, more functions, apps, touch support, etc. The transition between the Gamecube and the Wii, well I don't have to tell you about that one, not as mainstream as you could've expected.

I think thats all you said. Not really sure what to expect from this thread, the OP had some cheap shots to Wii gamers, you can't really expect serious replies after that OP.

benao87 said:
theprof00 said:
mike_intellivision said:
Actually you could argue the PSP was the true disruptor. Because if you think about it, the PSP was actually more versatile that than the PSV because it could play movies from media.

Mike from Morgantown

psv has netflix

Not quite disruptive.

OT: Vita is no Wii in any form. Sony current financial situation is not the same as Nintendo's before the Wii, not even similar. On the other hand, transition between PSP and PSV, follows a mainstream path, more power, more functions, apps, touch support, etc. The transition between the Gamecube and the Wii, well I don't have to tell you about that one, not as mainstream as you could've expected.

I think thats all you said. Not really sure what to expect from this thread, the OP had some cheap shots to Wii gamers, you can't really expect serious replies after that OP.

They're called jokes, maybe you haven't heard of them?

It was tongue in cheek.

I also disagree with you that apps is a mainstream expansion. Apps is what is currently disrupting the handheld gaming console. Unless you consider kinect and move mainstream upgrades? Sure if it was only a few apps, I'd agree, but the vita environment is a brand new marketplace and will have tons of different apps, and even has some free games already.

Your problem is you don't understand the Vita. You keep saying it's getting all these apps and will be turning into a phone. Nope, Vita right now is sticking to the hardcore. Trust someone who owns one ok?

JoeTheBro said:
Your problem is you don't understand the Vita. You keep saying it's getting all these apps and will be turning into a phone. Nope, Vita right now is sticking to the hardcore. Trust someone who owns one ok?

You mean like this guy?

Or this guy?

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
JoeTheBro said:

You mean like this guy?

Or this guy?

Is that you bud? :)

happydolphin said:
theprof00 said:
JoeTheBro said:

You mean like this guy?

Or this guy?

stop reposting my picture!

copyright infringement!

I need an adult!

theprof00 said:
happydolphin said:

copyright infringement!

I need an adult!

Hehe, fixed. By the way I enjoyed the jokes. Then again I did have a load of beers yesterday (*gag*)

Hey, OT, what is up and what is down. DS market = up, PSP market = down?

happydolphin said:
theprof00 said:
happydolphin said:

copyright infringement!

I need an adult!

Hehe, fixed. By the way I enjoyed the jokes. Then again I did have a load of beers yesterday (*gag*)

Hey, OT, what is up and what is down. DS market = up, PSP market = down?

let's share a beer sometime!

theprof00 said:

let's share a beer sometime!

Anytime! Here, have a hoegaarden :)

Now that's we're all chilled, have a take at my question :P