By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Pokemon Thread! Pokemon X/Y Are Released! - New Poll!

Tagged games:

How Do You Like X/Y So Far?

I really enjoy it! 228 73.79%

It's good. 5 1.62%

Meh. 2 0.65%

Not as good as I thought. 2 0.65%

I really hate it! 1 0.32%

Total:238
brendude13 said:
lestatdark said:
brendude13 said:
Can we discuss our Pokemon parties? Or is there a separate thread for that?

Well I think my sig speaks volumes for mine, though they're still not at level 100 (it's stupidly hard to level up dragons past level 90)

Seaking is a dragon?

Anyway, what do you think of this for an original, no starter, no legendary 1st gen team:

Arcanine
Lapras
Raichu
Machamp
Alakazam
Dragonite

Are there any improvements I could make to my team?

No, not really. It just seems very re-accuring. It is a good team though.

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
lestatdark said:
brendude13 said:

Well I think my sig speaks volumes for mine, though they're still not at level 100 (it's stupidly hard to level up dragons past level 90)

Seaking is a dragon?

Anyway, what do you think of this for an original, no starter, no legendary 1st gen team:

Arcanine
Lapras
Raichu
Machamp
Alakazam
Dragonite

Seaking?  

That's mister badass Kingdra, with his Yawn and Rest combos plus his high-ish (240+) Def and Sp.Def xD. And yes, he's a Water/Dragon, meaning his only weakness is Dragon  

Your team is balanced, but personally, I would exchange Raichu for Jolteon. He's one of the ultimate electric badasses.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

BasilZero said:
lestatdark said:
NintendoPie said:
lestatdark said:
BasilZero said:
Gonna find a stream site to watch all the episodes of Pokemon all over again lawl!

http://pokemonepisode.org/  Knock yourself out  

It took me almost 4 months to go from the start to Best Wishes XD.

Thank You! Except... it's not loading up. :'(

It takes a while to load up for the first time, mostly because of the annoying chat window that eats up bandwith like no tomorrow. Once you're on the site and disable the chat window, it's rather fast.

@BasilZero - Well then, it's going to take you even more to catch up to 700+ episodes of pokemon And that's not counting the movies too xD

I could start somewhere around after the Orange Islands Saga cause thats about when I stopped watching it XD!

Although I have seen some of the movies like the Jirachi and Deoxys ones.

Seen them all myself and even own some of them in VHS&DVD  

Still, Pokemon: The First Movie is still the best xD

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybozmJZilk0&feature=player_embedded#!

This game could show the future of pokemon, imo. Not the minigames or gameplay suited for kids, but overall look.

Check it from the 41 minute till 50.

I was shocked, I could see the routes (there's even high grass) and the city (imagine it full of SD NPCs).

And the pokémon models are sickingly cute. Gotta love then with their cartoon voices too.

lestatdark said:
brendude13 said:
lestatdark said:
brendude13 said:

Seaking is a dragon?

Arcanine
Lapras
Raichu
Machamp
Alakazam
Dragonite

Seaking?  

That's mister badass Kingdra, with his Yawn and Rest combos plus his high-ish (240+) Def and Sp.Def xD. And yes, he's a Water/Dragon, meaning his only weakness is Dragon  

Your team is balanced, but personally, I would exchange Raichu for Jolteon. He's one of the ultimate electric badasses.

I got the King part right, didn't think it sounded right.

He was a bastard in the ice gym. I remember him now, he is so much more powerful than he looks. He's second gen, right?

As for Jolteon, he was my original electric pokemon, but I swapped him out because it's an Eevee evolution (I'm OCD with my Pokemon, they all have to be original). I always knew Raichu was my weakest link, but it's the evolution of the series' mascot, and I can't think of a cooler, more original, better Pokemon. I wanted Pikachu with a light ball but it was far too weak.

Around the Network
VicViper said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybozmJZilk0&feature=player_embedded#!

This game could show the future of pokemon, imo. Not the minigames or gameplay suited for kids, but overall look.

Check it from the 41 minute till 50.

I was shocked, I could see the routes (there's even high grass) and the city (imagine it full of SD NPCs).

And the pokémon models are sickingly cute. Gotta love then with their cartoon voices too.

I wouldn't mind having that Graphical Engine for an upcoming Pokemon. It would look quite good! I could imagine walking thru a big city with those graphics and in 3D (I would want it on the 3DS.) It would be quite awesome. :D

Ooh, I'll be watching and playing lots of Pokemon this weekend, with my 16+ year old friends. Believe it or not, Pokemon is actually still cool at my school!

brendude13 said:
lestatdark said:
brendude13 said:
lestatdark said:
brendude13 said:

Seaking is a dragon?

Arcanine
Lapras
Raichu
Machamp
Alakazam
Dragonite

Seaking?  

I got the King part right, didn't think it sounded right.

He was a bastard in the ice gym. I remember him now, he is so much more powerful than he looks. He's second gen, right?

As for Jolteon, he was my original electric pokemon, but I swapped him out because it's an Eevee evolution (I'm OCD with my Pokemon, they all have to be original). I always knew Raichu was my weakest link, but it's the evolution of the series' mascot, and I can't think of a cooler, more original, better Pokemon. I wanted Pikachu with a light ball but it was far too weak.

I believe you can breed Pikachu with a Light Ball and get a Pichu with Volt Tackle and carry it to Raichu. That would at least give your Raichu some good Sweepr power with proper IVs and EVs on Att and Speed. 

Yeah Kingdra is second gen, he was Cathy's best pokemon (bastard could nuke you with Dragon Pulse and Hydro Pump before you could say FUU). He's got good balanced stats (95 base on almost everything, 85 on speed and 75 on HP) and he's an overall damage soaker with the proper moveset. Using Yawn + Outrage is a nice way to infuriate anyone

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:

I believe you can breed Pikachu with a Light Ball and get a Pichu with Volt Tackle and carry it to Raichu. That would at least give your Raichu some good Sweepr power with proper IVs and EVs on Att and Speed. 

Yeah Kingdra is second gen, he was Cathy's best pokemon (bastard could nuke you with Dragon Pulse and Hydro Pump before you could say FUU). He's got good balanced stats (95 base on almost everything, 85 on speed and 75 on HP) and he's an overall damage soaker with the proper moveset. Using Yawn + Outrage is a nice way to infuriate anyone

I already did that, but because my Pichu evolved late, I missed out on a lot of great moves. Also, when I give my Pikachu a thunder stone, its stats are nowhere near as good as my current Raichu for some reason, I've given up on Volt Tackle, I'll just keep using Thunderbolt. xD

I might use Kingdra in my 2nd gen team (I'm having teams from different gens).

brendude13 said:
Ooh, I'll be watching and playing lots of Pokemon this weekend, with my 16+ year old friends. Believe it or not, Pokemon is actually still cool at my school!

You're very lucky. All I hear is "CoD os the best!" -.-