Forums - Sales Discussion - No Wiis in retail stores until February????

TalonMan said:
ranzchic said:
TalonMan said:
You've called 42 stores, 3 times a day, since Monday?!?!?!? You need to get out more, dude... :P



 I don't have a job and this is mysource of income at the moment. Made $1500 last week :)


Wait - you get paid to harass stores and find out if they have any Wii's in stock?!?!? How do I get in on this action?????

 

 


 Heck I think the entire VGC forum would want in on that



 

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network
TalonMan said:
ranzchic said:
TalonMan said:
You've called 42 stores, 3 times a day, since Monday?!?!?!? You need to get out more, dude... :P



 I don't have a job and this is mysource of income at the moment. Made $1500 last week :)


Wait - you get paid to harass stores and find out if they have any Wii's in stock?!?!? How do I get in on this action?????

 

 

 He is reselling them obviously.  Oh and ranzchic, you should really get a job.  You wont be able to resell Wiis for much longer.  The party is almost over, sir.  Sorry. 

 



Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

loadedstatement said:
TalonMan said:
ranzchic said:
TalonMan said:
You've called 42 stores, 3 times a day, since Monday?!?!?!? You need to get out more, dude... :P



I don't have a job and this is mysource of income at the moment. Made $1500 last week :)


Wait - you get paid to harass stores and find out if they have any Wii's in stock?!?!? How do I get in on this action?????

 

 

He is reselling them obviously. Oh and ranzchic, you should really get a job. You wont be able to resell Wiis for much longer. The party is almost over, sir. Sorry.

 


 Up next is Wii Fit. :p



they have a ton of rainchecks to fill. lol



PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453
 
ranzchic said:
TalonMan said:
You've called 42 stores, 3 times a day, since Monday?!?!?!? You need to get out more, dude... :P



I don't have a job and this is mysource of income at the moment. Made $1500 last week :)


You just call, have a system(my order of calls in rleation to thier store opening and them putting the item on the floor), know when the best time to call is, buy Wii and resell on ebay.

 

Minus all the fees, gas, shipping(and packing cost), actual cost of the system and tax + extra wii play and nunchuk, I make about $65 on each.

 

Before Christmas, I can easilly make $200 but they were much harder to find then.

 

Now, they can sit for a hour or two if stocked on a weekday. Some Best Buy and Target actually had some the next day after shipment last week. I was suprised myself, especially since ebay prices are holding very steady, if not rising once again.

 

I was able to score about 23 Wiis and all sold for an average selling price of $430+$50 shipping. These include an extra Wii play and nunchuk. 



Around the Network
gebx said:
I won a gaming console of my choice from work (see past post) and I have chosen to purchase a Wii... It's been two weeks since Future Shop, Best Buy, or EB games received a Wii shipment, today the guy at EB mentioned that the DS is also missing.

I check everyday, twice a day at the Eaton Center (for those who know Toronto) and nothing from anyone..

The Wii has dissappeared from Canada

Hey another Torontonian!!  Yep he speaks truth, my son works at Futureshop in Whitby (just outside Toronto) and they havn't had a shipment since before Christmas.  Nintendo shelves are almost bare except for B and C games and accessories. No word on when they'll come in.  We were hoping today but no such luck.

 @ Ranzchic - Maybe you could live off selling GH3 for a while.



 

GH IIIs are a bitch to ship. I ended up losing money on a couple of them because they cost way more than what I charged to ship.



Gamerace said:
gebx said:
I won a gaming console of my choice from work (see past post) and I have chosen to purchase a Wii... It's been two weeks since Future Shop, Best Buy, or EB games received a Wii shipment, today the guy at EB mentioned that the DS is also missing.

I check everyday, twice a day at the Eaton Center (for those who know Toronto) and nothing from anyone..

The Wii has dissappeared from Canada

Hey another Torontonian!!  Yep he speaks truth, my son works at Futureshop in Whitby (just outside Toronto) and they havn't had a shipment since before Christmas.  Nintendo shelves are almost bare except for B and C games and accessories. No word on when they'll come in.  We were hoping today but no such luck.

 @ Ranzchic - Maybe you could live off selling GH3 for a while.


Please do tell if he knows when they're getting their next shipment!!



Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

                   

gebx said:
Gamerace said:
gebx said:
I won a gaming console of my choice from work (see past post) and I have chosen to purchase a Wii... It's been two weeks since Future Shop, Best Buy, or EB games received a Wii shipment, today the guy at EB mentioned that the DS is also missing.

I check everyday, twice a day at the Eaton Center (for those who know Toronto) and nothing from anyone..

The Wii has dissappeared from Canada

Hey another Torontonian!!  Yep he speaks truth, my son works at Futureshop in Whitby (just outside Toronto) and they havn't had a shipment since before Christmas.  Nintendo shelves are almost bare except for B and C games and accessories. No word on when they'll come in.  We were hoping today but no such luck.

 @ Ranzchic - Maybe you could live off selling GH3 for a while.


Please do tell if he knows when they're getting their next shipment!!


I feel your pain.  All I can tell you they get shipments in Monday & Thursday and put them out Tues & Fri mornings and sell out quick.  So try calling Mon & Thurs late afternoons to see if any came in (they need time to unpack and scan into inventory).



 

tokilamockingbrd said:
I predicted the Wii supply would be strangled in NA in Jan a month ago... and people thought I was crazy...

You do realise it did 188k in NA for the week ending the 5th right? Now it will very likely continue going down from there but how much remains to be seen. Its a bit early to be calling victory on that prediction with sales at 188k in the first week when your prediction was that there would be practically none. Actually a quick check of my spreadsheet reveals that this is the first time theWii has ever done more than 180k in NA outside of Nov & Dec.

That said it could still drop off sharply, we will just have to wait a bit longer.



To Each Man, Responsibility