Forums - Sales Discussion - No Wiis in retail stores until February????

If I were you if your dying for a Wii just wait outside early in the morning to get one. Lucky for me at the time near launch. I just walked in Best Buy at around 2:30pm and asked for a Wii and the dude just handed it to me. I have owned Wii Sports and Wii Play, but I recently purchased Super Mario Galaxy. Wii is an amazing console, glad to be an owner 8)

Around the Network

I predicted the Wii supply would be strangled in NA in Jan a month ago... and people thought I was crazy...

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Squall_Leonhart said:
There are no DS's where i'm from in the UK, and i want one :(

Just to add to the pain :D

...still tons of Wiis here in Basel, Switzerland.  They even have a bundle now:  Wii+Epson DMP1 projector/DVD

If you are near London, buy one of those magically cheap an Easyjet tickets, fly here, buy a wii, fly back (..wonder about the connector, though). 

You've called 42 stores, 3 times a day, since Monday?!?!?!? You need to get out more, dude... :P

Truth

Its not what people say that is offensive, it is how we react to it that determines offense or not- REBT theory of Albert Ellis.

Competing in online FPS since 1999.

Currently own a supreme gaming PC playing CoD4

Currently own a Wii with Mario Party 8, Resident Evil 4, Trauma Center: New Blood, Wii play, Mario Strikers Charged, and Wii sports. Looking forward to Super Smash Bros Brawl.

Http://www.onlinebrawlcommunity.com    Online Super Smash Bros Brawl Tournament Series!  Feel free to sign up and chat with fellow smashers using our forums.  Casual competitions (i.e. HomeRun Contest) to come soon!

Around the Network

@ drkohler

If you read my post it says no DS's, nothing about the Wii... lol

I won a gaming console of my choice from work (see past post) and I have chosen to purchase a Wii... It's been two weeks since Future Shop, Best Buy, or EB games received a Wii shipment, today the guy at EB mentioned that the DS is also missing.

I check everyday, twice a day at the Eaton Center (for those who know Toronto) and nothing from anyone..

The Wii has dissappeared from Canada

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

I work at target in australia and we just recieved a shipment of wiis on tuesday. Total of 27 consoles. They sold out in 1/2 an hour and we are now being told do not expect a shipment til febuary. ranzchic I think is right and nintendo needed to get consoles out to people before xmas and so sent them airfreight to make sure they got there.

I want wii fit and I want it now

TalonMan said:
You've called 42 stores, 3 times a day, since Monday?!?!?!? You need to get out more, dude... :P

I don't have a job and this is mysource of income at the moment. Made $1500 last week :)

ranzchic said:
TalonMan said:

I don't have a job and this is mysource of income at the moment. Made $1500 last week :)

Wait - you get paid to harass stores and find out if they have any Wii's in stock?!?!? How do I get in on this action?????