By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First US Pokemon Black/White 2 Teaser Trailer!

Tagged games:

BasilZero said:
blkfish92 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
blkfish92 said:
Meh, bad decision not putting these on the 3ds, it would have pushed a lot of console sales.

Well, they saved lots of money by not developing an entirely new fucking game. And this way it will sell a lot more.

3DS Installbase: 16 million

DS installbase: 151 million

Pokémon Black/White sales: Aprox. 14 million

Why waste all potential?

Ya I know what you're saying, but it seems as if pokemon is neglecting the 3ds. I'm very confident that pokemon would push A LOT of 3ds sales.

What makes you think they wont release a pokemon game for the 3DS, they've got so much potential, their dishing out a all out attack against the Vita by propelling NDS sales once again! XD

3DS will have soon to be announced:

3rd Gen Remakes
6th Gen
That Dynasty Warriors Spinoff
Pokemon Ranger 3DS
Pokemon Pinball

Watch they'll be announced anytime between E3 2012 and E3 2013.

I still say it would be much better if pokemon white 2 and black 2 were developed on the 3ds, consoles would fly off the shelves I'm sure.

Around the Network
UltimateUnknown said:
NintendoPie said:
UltimateUnknown said:
killeryoshis said:
This title is so interesting. We never had a direct squeal like this before. What will they do? How will it continue the story and what will be the exclusives?

You know what would be awesome, if they let you continue your story as the protagonist from B/W. So in this game, you are already a pokemon master since you have beaten the pokemon league in the previous game and your party of 6 are all level 100 uber legendaries from the previous games. But team galactic strikes again, your entire party is stolen in some kind of crazy event and you are left with no choice but to embark on another journey across Unova with just a starter pokemon to hunt down team galactic and retrieve your pokemon.

You know, I just made up some crap in 2 mins, I'm sure Gamefreak could be more creative than this. None of that same predictable repetitive story on pokemon games, lets actually have a story that is as compelling as the gameplay for once.

O_O

(Only if you put Team Plasma instead of Galactic it would have been perfect.)

Edited original post for PERFECTION.

lol had a very long and tiring day at uni, I did mean team plasma. Man does it even matter team plasma, galactic, rocket, they are all the same. The only ones I found even a little bit interesting were team aqua/magma. That friggin rayquaza cutscene singlehandedly made emerald one of the most story driven and amazing pokemon games of all times.

Rocket is the coolest in my opinion. Probably 'cause they're always in the Anime and we get to actually see them in action.

It's pokemon, of course it's gonna be all sorts of awesome. I just hope it's a whole new game like Black and White were, new world, new locations, some new pokemon (I would be okay with recycling a lot of them since unlike most people I Actually really enjoyed the pokemon in Black and White.)

and for once I'll actually be able to start with a super duper team of stuff like Riolu and other awesome pokeyman.

After how much time I spent on Black and White...I foresee a LOT of time wasted on these games, loving every second. I'll probably be using my 3DS (and DS) more this winter than any consoles!

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

spurgeonryan said:
So this is going to be a sequel to the actual Black and White games? How is that even going to work for Nintendo? I cannot wait for some more information, and I hope we are not waiting till E3. Whats the next convention? GDN or something.

GDC March 5th to 9th

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

UltimateUnknown said:
killeryoshis said:
This title is so interesting. We never had a direct squeal like this before. What will they do? How will it continue the story and what will be the exclusives?

You know what would be awesome, if they let you continue your story as the protagonist from B/W. So in this game, you are already a pokemon master since you have beaten the pokemon league in the previous game and your party of 6 are all level 100 uber legendaries from the previous games. But team plasma strikes again, your entire party is stolen in some kind of crazy event and you are left with no choice but to embark on another journey across Unova with just a starter pokemon to hunt down team plasma and retrieve your pokemon.

You know, I just made up some crap in 2 mins, I'm sure Gamefreak could be more creative than this. None of that same predictable repetitive story on pokemon games, lets actually have a story that is as compelling as the gameplay for once.

lol, I thought the same, but i thought a little beyond.

I imagined the starters could be the originals red/blue starters and that we would have a new area to explore and still visit Unova, something like gold/silver.

Around the Network

what they can do is keep the orginal world and add in a old world.

People really loved seeing the old world in Pokemon Gold and Silver,

If you calm down for a moment, you can see that, this game is going to sell 3DS regardless.
3DS can play all retail DS games.
Those that are buying a new console for the new pokemon game will no doubt be buying a 3DS.
Those that don't already own a 3DS but still want the new pokemon game can still buy it if they already own a DS.

There really isn't any lost sales. If any, it wouldn't be a noticeable.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
blkfish92 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
blkfish92 said:
Meh, bad decision not putting these on the 3ds, it would have pushed a lot of console sales.

Well, they saved lots of money by not developing an entirely new fucking game. And this way it will sell a lot more.

3DS Installbase: 16 million

DS installbase: 151 million

Pokémon Black/White sales: Aprox. 14 million

Why waste all potential?

Ya I know what you're saying, but it seems as if pokemon is neglecting the 3ds. I'm very confident that pokemon would push A LOT of 3ds sales.

Yup. Hopefully it will push some anyways.

It's good they put it on DS, for the following reasons:

1. The user base. Putting it on 3DS would waste a lot of sales.

2. The game is a direct sequel. There is a high chance people who bought the first one are going to buy the second ones, too. Unless a few years have passed, a sequel is always better suited on the same console/handheld.

3. It's cheaper. Needs no explaining.

4. A completely new Pokemon Generation would draw way more people to the 3DS. That's why I think a possible Pokemon Grey won't be on 3DS, btw.

5. It's going to sell 3DSes anyway, since it's compatible to it.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

I haven't read much on this but other than the black & white Kyurem what other additions will be in the game?

arcane_chaos said:
I haven't read much on this but other than the black & white Kyurem what other additions will be in the game?

What you said is all that is known for now.