By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect Thread: Leviathan is out, buy it, it's great

ishiki said:
Scoobes said:
ishiki said:

Hopefully they don't end up making unnecessary characters bi like they did in DA2. I've heard rumors. The bi-hetero ratio was dumb and is unimmersive in DA2. Liara's and Asari's case has always made sense, despite asari looking extremely female (probably a bit for titilating purposes, but it's neat).

I'm all for adding new bi, or gasp homosexual characters. Just, if they're going to try and convince you a past character is suddenly bi, or make everyone bi that's just dumb.

the trailers good though.

It's already fairly open and weird with the whole alien thing. Female Shepard with Garrus or Thane is a bit of a weird one. Apparently in ME2 Miranda was originally going to be bisexual but they changed it.

Anyway, I doubt they'll go back and make any established characters suddenly come out as bi or gay.

I've heard some estabilished characters or atleast 1 for each gender that did this... I won't say. As to spoil.

Yeah the aliens was a bit weird, but mordins dialogue regarding it made it worht it. It was only with Fem shep that got really strange-looking aliens, I know Male got tali, but she still has mostly human qualities like liara (and it's easier to imagine because of her suit). (joker would have been neater, and potentially funnier XD).

I'm just hoping for improvement instead of more weird which it might be but maybe not :P. I'm interested in how they are handling everything, and how much certain situations vary on past decisions. I know they'll use some mechanics to make the outcome the same or similar. But hopefully not too much.

Yes, well I'm already feeling guilty at romancing Miranda in my first ME2 playthrough instead of staying loyal to Ash... especially with her new hair in ME3

Hopefully she'll forgive, we're saving the galaxy afterall!

Anyway, I could possibly see Jack as bi as she previously mentions having threesomes and treats most sexual encounters quite casually. Kelly was bi in ME2 anyway so I suppose she doesn't count. Not sure which male crew members would be bi. Kaiden seemed pretty straight (I usually kill him off in 1 though) and I just can't imagine Garrus being up for it. Thane maybe... he's dying and would be more open to new experiences I guess...

Around the Network

God, that launch trailer makes me want a space combat game based in the Mass Effect universe.

That would be so awesome.

Khuutra said:
Kantor said:
Khuutra said:
Kantor said:

Hypothetically. Are we really comparing a full den of top-secret information and bonus content with a 2-3 hour mission and one of the best characters in the series to a side character with presumably a brief mission in Zaeed style who was allegedly created in three months after the game was done?

Here's the thing though, reports say they're not Zaeed style, that they have full conversation trees and everything.

I was more asking if you meant you would never buy any DLC, ever.

Didn't manage to preorder the Collector's Edition? Aren't you playing on PC? You can still get the Digital Collector's Edition.

Oh no, it's not a hard-and-fast no-DLC rule. It's just a rule against overpriced DLC.

The digital deluxe edition is obscenely priced, at £55, as compared to the £28 I am paying for a standard edition disc. The regular N7 edition is even more expensive, at £70.

Americans have no excuse here. $20 more is worth it. £42 more, on the other hand...

Jesus sakes alive. That's ridonculous.

And the From the Ashes DLC is how much?

800 BioWare points, or (I believe) £6.85

Which is sounding pretty attractive. Damn you, Khuutra.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
Khuutra said:
Kantor said:

Oh no, it's not a hard-and-fast no-DLC rule. It's just a rule against overpriced DLC.

The digital deluxe edition is obscenely priced, at £55, as compared to the £28 I am paying for a standard edition disc. The regular N7 edition is even more expensive, at £70.

Americans have no excuse here. $20 more is worth it. £42 more, on the other hand...

800 BioWare points is about $10, so the same price as their more major DLC packages like Lair of the Shadow Broker.

I hope

I hope it's super cool

Khuutra said:
Kantor said:
Khuutra said:
Kantor said:

800 BioWare points is about $10, so the same price as their more major DLC packages like Lair of the Shadow Broker.

I hope

I hope it's super cool

And if not, you live in Canada, so take a picket sign and pitchfork and yell at BioWare headquarters until they give you a refund to shut you up.

Around the Network
Kantor said:
Khuutra said:

I hope

I hope it's super cool

And if not, you live in Canada, so take a picket sign and pitchfork and yell at BioWare headquarters until they give you a refund to shut you up.

The N7 Edition is $80 CAD unless I'm badly mistaken. Mine is already paid for, has been for a while. I knew what I was getting into!

Man, that launch trailer.

You ever play any Rogue Squadron games? Or X-Wing/TIE Fighter?

Khuutra said:
God, that launch trailer makes me want a space combat game based in the Mass Effect universe.

That would be so awesome.

Freespace 3: Mass Effect edition.

If Bioware/EA bought the Freespace license from Volition and did that....Let's just say that I would lay down any cash for that game. ANY.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Khuutra said:
Kantor said:
Khuutra said:

I hope

I hope it's super cool

The N7 Edition is $80 CAD unless I'm badly mistaken. Mine is already paid for, has been for a while. I knew what I was getting into!

Man, that launch trailer.

You ever play any Rogue Squadron games? Or X-Wing/TIE Fighter?

My sole experience with space combat games is from Battlefront II, which in itself isn't a bad advertisment.

I have heard, of course, that TIE Fighter is much better. I suppose a full space-combat game in the ME universe could work, but I think I would prefer another RPG series, set either in the past or the future (and with some differential from ME2 and ME3 this time)

If someone is thinking about getting it on PC and doesn't know how it will run (really?, it's a DX9 game!), Tom's Hardware has done some benchmarks with the demo:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/mass-effect-3-performance-benchmark,3143.html

It seems that my card will still do the trick.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Tonight was my last night for dicking around in multiplayer on the demo.

Unlocked the Carnifex. It was a bit piddly in ME2, but in this one it's more like the Viper in terms of sheer power. Two headshots will take down a Centurion or a Nemesis on Bronze - three will take down a Phantom. It's terrifying.

Goes well with an Asari Adept.

I'm almost sad I'll have to unlock it all again.