By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect Thread: Leviathan is out, buy it, it's great

Kantor said:
That launch trailer is incredible.

Perhaps it will convert some of the stalwart boycotters. I'm opposed to the whole DLC thing, but I intend to resolve that by not getting the DLC.

You... you would turn down something hypothetically as good as Lair of the Shadow Broker?

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Khuutra said:

You know what I'm really excited about? The way the reputation system works.

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/03/01/reputation-in-mass-effect-3/

In ME2 you were essentially part of a zero-sum system where if you mixed your actions then you wouldn't be able to get the highest Intimidate/Charm options. This is more like a return to the ME1 system, where your reputation on the whole isn't dependent on single actions, and you can use any Charm/Intimidate you like. So long as the Galaxy knows you're a bad-ass, you can do almost anything.

It's going to be an exciting time for people who like  the role-playing aspect of the game.

The more I read up about Mass Effect, the more I'm beginning to see that a lot of things are back to how I loved them in ME1.

I'm hyped for ME3. Have been since the demo. The launch trailer is brilliant.

Yes. YES. Join us in the excitement. In the quiet, gentle hype.

AND THEN IN THE CRAZY HYPE

Scoobes said:
ishiki said:

Hopefully they don't end up making unnecessary characters bi like they did in DA2. I've heard rumors. The bi-hetero ratio was dumb and is unimmersive in DA2. Liara's and Asari's case has always made sense, despite asari looking extremely female (probably a bit for titilating purposes, but it's neat).

I'm all for adding new bi, or gasp homosexual characters. Just, if they're going to try and convince you a past character is suddenly bi, or make everyone bi that's just dumb.

the trailers good though.

It's already fairly open and weird with the whole alien thing. Female Shepard with Garrus or Thane is a bit of a weird one. Apparently in ME2 Miranda was originally going to be bisexual but they changed it.

Anyway, I doubt they'll go back and make any established characters suddenly come out as bi or gay.

I've heard some estabilished characters or atleast 1 for each gender that did this... I won't say. As to spoil.

Yeah the aliens was a bit weird, but mordins dialogue regarding it made it worht it. It was only with Fem shep that got really strange-looking aliens, I know Male got tali, but she still has mostly human qualities like liara (and it's easier to imagine because of her suit). (joker would have been neater, and potentially funnier XD).

I'm just hoping for improvement instead of more weird which it might be but maybe not :P. I'm interested in how they are handling everything, and how much certain situations vary on past decisions. I know they'll use some mechanics to make the outcome the same or similar. But hopefully not too much.

ishiki said:

Hopefully they don't end up making unnecessary characters bi like they did in DA2. I've heard rumors. The bi-hetero ratio was dumb and is unimmersive in DA2. Liara's and Asari's case has always made sense, despite asari looking extremely female (probably a bit for titilating purposes, but it's neat).

I'm all for adding new bi, or gasp homosexual characters. Just, if they're going to try and convince you a past character is suddenly bi, or make everyone bi that's just dumb.

Man it's the 22nd century, being gay at that point won't even be a thing.

Khuutra said:
Kantor said:

Perhaps it will convert some of the stalwart boycotters. I'm opposed to the whole DLC thing, but I intend to resolve that by not getting the DLC.

You... you would turn down something hypothetically as good as Lair of the Shadow Broker?

Hypothetically. Are we really comparing [shadow broker spoilers]  a full den of top-secret information and bonus content with a 2-3 hour mission and one of the best characters in the series to a side character with presumably a brief mission in Zaeed style who was allegedly created in three months after the game was done? No matter how cool that side character may be (and yes, I do know whom it is), it's not worth 1/4 of the price of the entire full game.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Kantor said:
Khuutra said:
Kantor said:

Hypothetically. Are we really comparing a full den of top-secret information and bonus content with a 2-3 hour mission and one of the best characters in the series to a side character with presumably a brief mission in Zaeed style who was allegedly created in three months after the game was done?

Here's the thing though, reports say they're not Zaeed style, that they have full conversation trees and everything.

I was more asking if you meant you would never buy any DLC, ever.

Didn't manage to preorder the Collector's Edition? Aren't you playing on PC? You can still get the Digital Collector's Edition.

Khuutra said:
ishiki said:

I'm not saying it will be a thing.  But, there are not any gay people in any bioware game. There's only bi-sexual. I'm just saying they should've added homosexual characters instead of making straight characters bi. If that's what they did (which they might have not)

But it's not the big of a deal. :P

ishiki said:
Khuutra said:

I'm not saying it will be a thing.  But, there are not any gay people in any bioware game. There's only bi-sexual. I'm just saying they should've added homosexual characters instead of making straight characters bi. If that's what they did.

But it's not the big of a deal. :P

Granted it would be a bit weird if Kaidan, for instance, swung both ways - he does express that he has pretty hetero expectations if you talk to him while romancing Liara as Femshep ("I just never figrued you were... you know... into women").

Otherwise, bleh, it'll be fine.

Khuutra said:
Kantor said:
Khuutra said:
Kantor said:

Hypothetically. Are we really comparing a full den of top-secret information and bonus content with a 2-3 hour mission and one of the best characters in the series to a side character with presumably a brief mission in Zaeed style who was allegedly created in three months after the game was done?

Here's the thing though, reports say they're not Zaeed style, that they have full conversation trees and everything.

Didn't manage to preorder the Collector's Edition? Aren't you playing on PC? You can still get the Digital Collector's Edition.

Oh no, it's not a hard-and-fast no-DLC rule. It's just a rule against overpriced DLC.

The digital deluxe edition is obscenely priced, at £55, as compared to the £28 I am paying for a standard edition disc. The regular N7 edition is even more expensive, at £70.

Americans have no excuse here. $20 more is worth it. £42 more, on the other hand...

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
Khuutra said:
Kantor said:

Oh no, it's not a hard-and-fast no-DLC rule. It's just a rule against overpriced DLC.

The digital deluxe edition is obscenely priced, at £55, as compared to the £28 I am paying for a standard edition disc. The regular N7 edition is even more expensive, at £70.

Americans have no excuse here. $20 more is worth it. £42 more, on the other hand...

Jesus sakes alive. That's ridonculous.

And the From the Ashes DLC is how much?