By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The race to 40M ...

If PSP doesnt get to 40mill b4 Wii I will call up Kaz Harai myself and laugh at him.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network
weezy said:
If PSP doesnt get to 40mill b4 Wii I will call up Kaz Harai myself and laugh at him.

I'll take a shit on his porch.

It'll be close, if PSP sells between 200- 250K a week this year on average like last year then it would take about 40-50 weeks to hit 40 million, meaning Wii would need to sell at minimum 405K a week on average to hope to reach 40 million, around 1.78 million a mont, a rate they are already above (this is assuming 50 weeks for PSP), however in order to reach there in 40 weeks the average would have to be around 507K a week or around 2.2 million consoles a month for the year, its possible, but nintendo would have to be a little more aggressive in production

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Avinash_Tyagi said:
highwaystar101 said:
wii will hit 40m in december
PSP will hit it in august

What if Wii production is upped to John Lucas levels?

Then there will be a rupture in the space-time continuum.

PSP. 

wii

Around the Network
Played_Out said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
highwaystar101 said:
wii will hit 40m in december
PSP will hit it in august

What if Wii production is upped to John Lucas levels?

Then there will be a rupture in the space-time continuum.

PSP.

In order to produce that many,Nintendo will have to use a time-warp to get Wiis from the future, thus destroying the universe.

I say PSP, but not by much. 

@ rolstoppable
Yeah but ur telling me that every wii console produced will be sold out every month?! i doubt it will sell 1.8 million a month, the production was upped becuz they need to store more wiis for holidays, a thing i know uv stressed on be4, soo abt 5 million wiis are gonna be left out till christmas!
But ur right abt how the PSP will sell this yr, if it does decline and the wii reaches unpredictable figures, it might just beat PSP. And i fear that PSP with there poor software lineup may blow a good chance to have a healthy yr. Soo it is very even, but still i would put my money on the PSP, it is selling pretty damn good in Japan, but how long can it go there?

psp gets games like:
FF dissidia.
FF7:CC.
God of War.

wii gets:
ssbb.
wii fit.
mario kart.

10 mln. in 50 weeks. 200k per week.
Wii must be 200k AHEAD of psp every week.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

I think the Wii will if Nintendo just increases production levels.

PC Gamer

yeah true abt the PSP^^
well i'll have to say its gonna be rly close, PSP with a slight edge, but still Wii has every chance in it to beat it to 40 mil