By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pachter: "Wii U won't save Nintendo, phones took 35% of the market"

Roma said:
RolStoppable said:

So after the 3DS has been out for a year now, do you feel that Nintendo got rid of their casual image?

The thing is they will never lose any of their images. On top of kiddy there is the new casual and next gen who knows what image they will get :P

But let’s say they lose it, they would still not lose it until they release the WiiU and have lots of hardcore games for it from the start and keep on giving people hardcore games for at least a year before they release more of the casual ever green titles

Right, so if they'll never lose these images, it's pointless for them to try to get rid of them. All it will do is put of their customers as evidenced by the terrible start the 3DS had.

These images are fabricated by Nintendo's competitors and are gobbled up by their fans. The reason why Nintendo got branded as casual in the seventh generation is that the kiddy image couldn't be held up anymore. With women and older adults buying DSes and Wiis something new had to be thought up to brand Nintendo systems as something that no self-respecting gamer would play.

oniyide said:

Just out of curioustiy, what should have NINTY released to cater to their customers. More WiiSPorts,FIt,Party?? Just asking

Wii Sports 3, another Wii Fit, NSMB Wii 2, New Legend of Zelda, a true successor to Super Metroid and a Mario RPG. That's just for 2011 and this leaves out completely new IPs.

This would have made the Wii the bestselling home console of 2011 by a comfortable margin.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Around the Network

You know what they should have released, a Mario Dance wii game. I guarantee you it would have sold double what just dance did.



bobgamez said:
You know what they should have released, a Mario Dance wii game. I guarantee you it would have sold double what just dance did.

No need for a Mario Dance game when there is a huge dance game on the system already. Diversity is the key to success.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

RolStoppable said:
Roma said:
RolStoppable said:

So after the 3DS has been out for a year now, do you feel that Nintendo got rid of their casual image?

The thing is they will never lose any of their images. On top of kiddy there is the new casual and next gen who knows what image they will get :P

But let’s say they lose it, they would still not lose it until they release the WiiU and have lots of hardcore games for it from the start and keep on giving people hardcore games for at least a year before they release more of the casual ever green titles

Right, so if they'll never lose these images, it's pointless for them to try to get rid of them. All it will do is put of their customers as evidenced by the terrible start the 3DS had.

These images are fabricated by Nintendo's competitors and are gobbled up by their fans. The reason why Nintendo got branded as casual in the seventh generation is that the kiddy image couldn't be held up anymore. With women and older adults buying DSes and Wiis something new had to be thought up to brand Nintendo systems as something that no self-respecting gamer would play.

oniyide said:

Just out of curioustiy, what should have NINTY released to cater to their customers. More WiiSPorts,FIt,Party?? Just asking

Wii Sports 3, another Wii Fit, NSMB Wii 2, New Legend of Zelda, a true successor to Super Metroid and a Mario RPG. That's just for 2011 and this leaves out completely new IPs.

This would have made the Wii the bestselling home console of 2011 by a comfortable margin.

Ill take your word for it for the most part, but does the Wii really need another Wii Sports or Fit??? I mean, its not like the system isnt silly with those exercise/mini game compilations anyway. I just wanted another Mario Tennis or Golf game. 



The Wii U is no more Wii HD than the PS3 is PS2 HD.



Around the Network
oniyide said:

Ill take your word for it for the most part, but does the Wii really need another Wii Sports or Fit??? I mean, its not like the system isnt silly with those exercise/mini game compilations anyway. I just wanted another Mario Tennis or Golf game. 

Yes, the Wii needs another Wii Sports and Wii Fit, because high quality is too rare in these categories, especially when you account for the amount of people who are interested in these genres.

If third parties were capable of filling the void that Nintendo left, then the system's sales would still be fine. Nintendo can't turn their backs on their audience and tell them to play some trash (which is what most third party software is). It doesn't and cannot work like that.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Does Nintendo need saving?



                       Thanks Blacksaber for the sig                  Tag:"Nintendo es toda la diversión de esta generación"

RolStoppable said:
oniyide said:

Ill take your word for it for the most part, but does the Wii really need another Wii Sports or Fit??? I mean, its not like the system isnt silly with those exercise/mini game compilations anyway. I just wanted another Mario Tennis or Golf game. 

Yes, the Wii needs another Wii Sports and Wii Fit, because high quality is too rare in these categories, especially when you account for the amount of people who are interested in these genres.

If third parties were capable of filling the void that Nintendo left, then the system's sales would still be fine. Nintendo can't turn their backs on their audience and tell them to play some trash (which is what most third party software is). It doesn't and cannot work like that.

ill take your word for it, they're are all the same to me. 



This guy again? He really doesn't know when to shut his trap.



RolStoppable said:
bobgamez said:
You know what they should have released, a Mario Dance wii game. I guarantee you it would have sold double what just dance did.

No need for a Mario Dance game when there is a huge dance game on the system already. Diversity is the key to success.

But it would have (further) imbedded nintendo's mascott character into the psyche of the unsuspecting 'casual' consumer.

For months they would be uttering 'It's me, Mario!' in their sleep.