By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global UP - 18th February - WW and all single region charts HW+SW - NEW IMPROVED TASTE!

?

YUMMY! 35 60.34%

YUCK! 2 3.45%

TASTES LIKE BABY SEAL! 14 24.14%

Total:51

@squirrel
You should ask next time how many.
when i picked mine up from the gamestop, not only had they sold 38, several of them upgraded from the wifi to 3g bundle as they got a second shipment.
Also all day on the bus and train:
"Is that the new psp? Oh wow thats amazing i just saw a commercial for it"
Heard stuff like that from about, lets see, 2 on bus to work, 3 in the food court 5 comanagers ( i was playing hot shots and they love golf) and 3 on the way home on the bus. Oh also one while i was buying smokes, but he called it the vista

So about a dozen stopped me and were actin all jelly.

That screen draws people in from 20 feet away.

Around the Network

Prelaunch or not the 3ds still manages to outsell the Vita. And personally the first 2 days should be the most front loaded. I expected at least 100k from the vita.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

TheKoreanGuy said:
megaman79 said:

Thats a pretty low debut.

Its certainly evident now that this release was completely invisible to many people. What is leoj talking about btw? What day did Vita actually release?

That is because these are pre-launch sales (first edition bundle). The Vita released 2 days ago. Also I think those numbers are decent considering it's a $350 bundle where the only real perk is that you get it one week early. It's only for the US too. Regardless, they still have a tough road ahead. I hope Sony can pull through with this; it really is an amazing handheld.

That still makes zero sense to me. So are we meant to add this week and next week in order to see Vita's first week sales?

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

hope twisted metal have good legs and pass my prediction of 1.5 mill by the end of the year

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Its not 2 days of sales it just the more expensive pre order sales. Judging a systems sales on day -7 sales isn't a good barometer.

Around the Network

Ok, so why is a week early bundle (granted its dearer) any less relevant than the actual full first week sales?

I think that most of the cheaper game deals, and discounts, were not really available anyway untill last week. 75k is the number of people who wanted the Vita asap.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

I have a feeling Vita is going to do some pretty horrific numbers in the US, if it can't even do decent in Japan, Sony's handheld saving grace. Sony better hope they go nuts for it in Europe, or we may be looking at a Wonder Swan pt. 2.

Wii is starting to near levels 2007 PS3 numbers, which is pretty bad. Though I guess it's to be expected when all companies, including Nintendo themselves, have essentailly abandoned the console. Luckilly Wii U isn't too far off and should be able to pick up the slack for awhile. Question is, for how long?

megaman79 said:
TheKoreanGuy said:
megaman79 said:

Its certainly evident now that this release was completely invisible to many people. What is leoj talking about btw? What day did Vita actually release?

That is because these are pre-launch sales (first edition bundle). The Vita released 2 days ago. Also I think those numbers are decent considering it's a $350 bundle where the only real perk is that you get it one week early. It's only for the US too. Regardless, they still have a tough road ahead. I hope Sony can pull through with this; it really is an amazing handheld.

That still makes zero sense to me. So are we meant to add this week and next week in order to see Vita's first week sales?

It's a $350 bundle for the 3G version which not as much people in the US want or need. Basically, the purpose of prelaunch bundles was to help sell the 3G version and ease the flow of hardware on launch day. Yes, both weeks should count for Vita's first week sales. They're only one week apart in the first place.

TheKoreanGuy said:
megaman79 said:
TheKoreanGuy said:
megaman79 said:

It's a $350 bundle for the 3G version which not as much people in the US want or need. Basically, the purpose of prelaunch bundles was to help sell the 3G version and ease the flow of hardware on launch day. Yes, both weeks should count for Vita's first week sales. They're only one week apart in the first place.

only one week apart? Should both weeks count as everything's first week sales. I mean I personally think 75k is great for the expencive bundle, but you cant be combining weeks. It makes no sense.

enrageorange said:
TheKoreanGuy said:
megaman79 said:
TheKoreanGuy said:
megaman79 said:

only one week apart? Should both weeks count as everything's first week sales. I mean I personally think 75k is great for the expencive bundle, but you cant be combining weeks. It makes no sense.

What I meant was since it's a prelaunch week AND only one week from its actual release, it's fair to count them both. If there was no prelaunch week, wouldn't those same 75k people gotten their Vitas on launch day? If they wanted it so badly that they paid extra to get it one week early, I think they have more than enough reason to get one on the day it came out for everyone if there was no pre launch bundle. If it was let's say, a bundle where you get it one month in advance, then maybe the sales shouldn't be added together.