By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global UP - 18th February - WW and all single region charts HW+SW - NEW IMPROVED TASTE!

?

YUMMY! 35 60.34%

YUCK! 2 3.45%

TASTES LIKE BABY SEAL! 14 24.14%

Total:51
Noxaura said:
I think the Vitas real first week numbers are gonna surprise a lot of people.

One way or the other I think you will be right ... With my personal observations I'm betting that sales are going to be worse than most people expected; but I'm the first to admit that anecdotal evidence is not particularly reliable when it comes to sales.

I was in Walmart on launch day because I needed to pick up a few things and I wanted to see how many units were still in stock, and when I looked at the PS-Vita display case there was 22 units inside of it. Being that this was the same Walmart I bought my 3DS at, and knowing they had 30 3DS systems on launch day, 22 units in the display made me doubtful that they sold that many units. I was back in the same store today (because I needed to pick up a few things and I wanted to see how many units were still in stock) and there were still 17 units in the display case. While I don't know how many units were delivered on launch day, I don't know whether they added units to the display case between my visits, and I know this can't be generalized, I have just been left with the impression that sales are probably not that strong.

Around the Network

PS Vita had an amazing launch in the USA that's great! Great for Uncharted even though it hasn't fully released yet. Twisted Metal doing amazing even though it had mediocre reviews.

Man I guess the mid tier console game really is dying, Binary Domain and The Darkness 2 bombed

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

HappySqurriel said:
Noxaura said:
I think the Vitas real first week numbers are gonna surprise a lot of people.

One way or the other I think you will be right ... With my personal observations I'm betting that sales are going to be worse than most people expected; but I'm the first to admit that anecdotal evidence is not particularly reliable when it comes to sales.

I was in Walmart on launch day because I needed to pick up a few things and I wanted to see how many units were still in stock, and when I looked at the PS-Vita display case there was 22 units inside of it. Being that this was the same Walmart I bought my 3DS at, and knowing they had 30 3DS systems on launch day, 22 units in the display made me doubtful that they sold that many units. I was back in the same store today (because I needed to pick up a few things and I wanted to see how many units were still in stock) and there were still 17 units in the display case. While I don't know how many units were delivered on launch day, I don't know whether they added units to the display case between my visits, and I know this can't be generalized, I have just been left with the impression that sales are probably not that strong.

OT: I expected more Vita sales myself. Be interesting if they can't even sell over 100k each week in all regions combined (after the launch period).

Thats a pretty low debut.

Its certainly evident now that this release was completely invisible to many people. What is leoj talking about btw? What day did Vita actually release?

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network
dsage01 said:
PS Vita had an amazing launch in the USA that's great! Great for Uncharted even though it hasn't fully released yet. Twisted Metal doing amazing even though it had mediocre reviews.

TM had good reviews overall, I would consider mediocre reviews something like 6/10

Resident Evil: Revelations sales are depressing, the game is amazing, buy it

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

So much ignorance in this thread, Pezus said it best earlier, waiting for doomed threads after the FEB edition numbers. There were 75k people in NA that decided to pay more then they would a week after to get a "bad" bundle value wise just to get the system earlier, and there is still people saying these numbers disappoint, "they were expecting more", haha, "so what were you expecting Mr. Pachter?".

These numbers don´t have anything to do with what will happen next week, but at least have the stones to call these what there are "good to very good numbers" (if true).

"Suprised that Uncharted is that low" - So much fail in so few words.

Solid Twisted Metal numbers. Ps3 almost 400k more then the 360 yearly, with the Wii just surviving and 3DS going strong.

megaman79 said:

Thats a pretty low debut.

Its certainly evident now that this release was completely invisible to many people. What is leoj talking about btw? What day did Vita actually release?

That is because these are pre-launch sales (first edition bundle). The Vita released 2 days ago. Also I think those numbers are decent considering it's a $350 bundle where the only real perk is that you get it one week early. It's only for the US too. Regardless, they still have a tough road ahead. I hope Sony can pull through with this; it really is an amazing handheld.

Decent sales for the first edition bundle actually,really was expecting quite a bit less. Good week for ps3 also. Expected a bit more for twisted metal if I'm honest..