By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Video Game Analyst Michael Pachter Says Nintendo Is in Disarray

Pach is all over the place lately. Wasn't he saying that the Wii U would prolly cost between $350-$400 last year, and now he's saying Nintendo HAS to release it at $250 (for some unknown reason), but that it doesn't matter anyway because they are going to get trounced by Kinect, which is nothing but a stop-gap platform for M$ until the 720 comes out next year.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network
TheShape31 said:
I feel dumber for having listened to what Pachter said.

This comes to mind any time I read something by Pachter..

Ail said:
RolStoppable said:
Ail said:
RolStoppable said:

This is most likely the case. A good analysis of a market usually doesn't come for free and Pachter has been suspected to speak for third party companies since a long time. Saying that Nintendo will fail perfectly fits once again.

Saying that Nintendo's current strategy is sketchy is kinda common sense when you see the whole world embracing social media, tablets and smartphones and Nintendo keeps saying, that is not for us...

Sure, NIntendo made a mistake by changing their strategy instead of sticking to their original one throughout the entire seventh generation. It's foolish to say that social gaming, tablets and smartphones killed the Wii (which Pachter does) when it's obvious that Nintendo killed the Wii.

If Nintendo did their very best and then got outdone by other products, then Nintendo would be in trouble, because their fate would be out of their control. But as it is, Nintendo is their own worst enemy.

And guess what. The  people in Nintendo that killed the Wii are still the people in charge...

And the people who brought the Wii and the DS to such heights in the first place. And the same people who thought the GameCube was a good idea

They are capable of great success or great failure, but this is not a factor of leadership.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

When asked about rumors that Microsoft might launch Xbox Next for $600, Pachter said if that happens, “no one’s going to buy it.”

Well, at least we can agree on something.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

According to this guy, Nintendo is always doomed.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

By pulling the plug on inhouse software development for the Wii in 2009. From then on all teams moved on to the next system as soon as they had finished their Wii game. The same holds true for almost all of their other development studios and collaborations with third parties.

If you look at the list of bestselling Wii games in 2011, there isn't a Nintendo game on top. Not even in the top 3 if you exclude games that were often bundled (Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, Mario Kart Wii). Nintendo should be ashamed of themselves.

If there was one thing I wish Nintendo would do, it would be to expand the number of development teams they have.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

thats awsome keep nintendo alive,. in fact keep sony and nintendo alive, microsoft we all know them money hungry ugh , get em out