By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Video Game Analyst Michael Pachter Says Nintendo Is in Disarray

RolStoppable said:
cyberninja45 said:
RolStoppable said:

Sure, NIntendo made a mistake by changing their strategy instead of sticking to their original one throughout the entire seventh generation. It's foolish to say that social gaming, tablets and smartphones killed the Wii (which Pachter does) when it's obvious that Nintendo killed the Wii.

If Nintendo did their very best and then got outdone by other products, then Nintendo would be in trouble, because their fate would be out of their control. But as it is, Nintendo is their own worst enemy.

They did? How?

By pulling the plug on inhouse software development for the Wii in 2009. From then on all teams moved on to the next system as soon as they had finished their Wii game. The same holds true for almost all of their other development studios and collaborations with third parties.

If you look at the list of bestselling Wii games in 2011, there isn't a Nintendo game on top. Not even in the top 3 if you exclude games that were often bundled (Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, Mario Kart Wii). Nintendo should be ashamed of themselves.

Thats it? I thought is something more sinister that I didn't knew about XD.

Well the company can't do miracles, they can't develop for 4 consoles simultaneously. (It's why third parties are important you know). 

Edit: I'll say they are doing about best they can given the situation with their home console and  third parties. Wish old Rare was there helping them though *sigh*.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
binary solo said:

If Wii U is basically similar tech to PS360 with a tablet controller then $249 sounds about right, and it sounds like a marketable price. Not sure if $349 is marketable, so will be interesting to see what happens.

There is no if... In all probability (important factor when making an analyst's prediction), 95% probabilty, the WiiU will have next gen capabilities, technical features the PS4 and nextbox will also offer, aside dedicated hardware (like the touch controller).

Not at a $249 pricepoint it won't. But if it launches for $349-$399 then yeah the tech will be PS4/Nextbox level or 1/2 a step below.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

oniyide said:
RolStoppable said:
oniyide said:
sethnintendo said:
oniyide said:
sethnintendo said:
oniyide said:
LOL, man you guys are too sensitive about this. Its Patcher, he's been wrong more times than he is right, we all know it. The funny thing is the more attention you give him, the LESS likely he is going to go away

He is like Bill Murray in What About Bob?

Its been a while since Ive seen that movie, but im not seeing the connection between the two

He won't ever go away.

Not if you dont stop giving him hits. and complaining about him over a forum he might not know even exists is kinda like washing shit against the tide. Why not shoot the man a message and let him know how you feel.

What a contradiction.

Initially you said that Pachter won't go away as long as we give him attention, now you are saying that he probably doesn't know about us anyway and we should send him an e-mail to give him attention.

talking trash about someone where they dont see it isnt doing anything to no one. If people were to send him all the crap that they talk about him, he might get annonyed and say less crap. It worked for that chick from Bioware. either way its better than complaining every time he says something like a bunch of little children.

...........................................................................................................

I can't believe there are people that agree with the slur campaign that targetted that gal...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

I think he meant 4 GB of RAM or 4 GB SSDs. It would make sense if the driver is fast enough to play games without the need of installing and most services become cloud-computing based.

This is the same guy who said Wii would sell less than GameCube, then that there would be a "Wii HD", and that 3DS was doomed... Meanwhile Wii decisively won the generation selling 5X the GameCube, there was no Wii HD, and 3DS broke sales records by becoming the fastest selling console in history for its first year.

Pachter is no better at making predictions than you or I; and I would say he is much less likely to be correct - largely due to his bias against Nintendo, and his inability to write positive predictions about Nintendo when they are most often the winning team. The only difference is he is some sort of gaming site character. If people would ignore him, then he would go away.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
RolStoppable said:

What a contradiction.

Initially you said that Pachter won't go away as long as we give him attention, now you are saying that he probably doesn't know about us anyway and we should send him an e-mail to give him attention.

talking trash about someone where they dont see it isnt doing anything to no one. If people were to send him all the crap that they talk about him, he might get annonyed and say less crap. It worked for that chick from Bioware. either way its better than complaining every time he says something like a bunch of little children.

That's why you are complaining about the complainers?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Every time oniyide enters a thread he ends up fighting with ROL then everybody else.

Ail said:
oniyide said:
RolStoppable said:
oniyide said:
sethnintendo said:
oniyide said:
sethnintendo said:
oniyide said:
LOL, man you guys are too sensitive about this. Its Patcher, he's been wrong more times than he is right, we all know it. The funny thing is the more attention you give him, the LESS likely he is going to go away

He is like Bill Murray in What About Bob?

Its been a while since Ive seen that movie, but im not seeing the connection between the two

He won't ever go away.

Not if you dont stop giving him hits. and complaining about him over a forum he might not know even exists is kinda like washing shit against the tide. Why not shoot the man a message and let him know how you feel.

What a contradiction.

...........................................................................................................

I can't believe there are people that agree with the slur campaign that targetted that gal...

I dont agree with what they did, but the fact remains, it got results

Pavolink said:
oniyide said:
RolStoppable said:

What a contradiction.

That's why you are complaining about the complainers?

just making an observation. Way I see it you can either ignore him or actually tell him how you feel.  Or you people can continue to cry and nothing will change. 

happydolphin said:
NintendoPie said:
happydolphin said:
NintendoPie said:

Afterall Nintendo did say that it was more powerful than both. They haven't given out specifics though.

Fair, rumors are rumors, but compound that to general positive dev feedback (what we hear this far), the only reason one would deny WiiU next-genness is out of bias. I now truly believe Pachter is biased by pitting the WiiU with a last-gen console...

Truth be told

Nintendo right out stated it, it isn't a rumor. It is getting really positive dev feedback though.

They can always say that, but the question remains: by how much? Plus, you can'talways take PR at face value when there are no specs in tandem to work with.

The rumors I was referring to were rumors about the hardware used in the WiiU's design, to be clear.

Well then you should have said that before I got all confused.