By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Tretton hoping for half-million PS Vita sales in first three weeks of US launch

Seece said:
Should hit within that region, 300k first 11 days, so 10 days left.

Depends if he takes 3 weeks from 15th or 22nd tbh. The Vita launched on the 22nd so I'd imagine you really have to go from there, but sounds like it should do it either way. 

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
Actually I just checked and the 3DS, in its first 3 weeks in ALL of the Americas, sold about 600k. So no, I actually think that wouldn't be too bad of a figure.

I thought it was pretty universally agreed that the 3DS launch was a disaster of fairly epic proportions? They're aiming for significantly lower than they got with the PSP, I don't think that's a good thing.

Rath said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Actually I just checked and the 3DS, in its first 3 weeks in ALL of the Americas, sold about 600k. So no, I actually think that wouldn't be too bad of a figure.

I thought it was pretty universally agreed that the 3DS launch was a disaster of fairly epic proportions? They're aiming for significantly lower than they got with the PSP, I don't think that's a good thing.

No, I think most of the scorn came from the low weekly sales a couple of months after launch. The first week was mostly fine.

MontanaHatchet said:
Rath said:
MontanaHatchet said:

No, I think most of the scorn came from the low weekly sales a couple of months after launch. The first week was mostly fine.

First week was fine, next two weeks were dreadful.

MontanaHatchet said:
Sony has tempered their expectations with Vita sales, which I think is a good thing. They don't have the brand name strength or the game lineup of the 3DS and they're competing with Apple on the multi media front. I doubt they're expecting huge numbers in the first year and they seem to be mainly appealing to their prime demographic (young males) with the Vita. In the end, having sustainable sales over the course of several years and being profitable with the system overall is vastly more important. Sony can't afford to engage in a price war with the 3DS right now.

really?  No all around!

3DS games lineup? MMhh not really.

Competing with Apple? everyone is.

Well appealing to a certain demography was their choice, so i guess they made some calculation of profit. If they didn't they deserve to go burst.

Sony should afford to engage in the price war otherwise there will be no war at all in 2 years time.

I want Vita to do good. So i hope everything will work out fine for them - good games are for the one that appreciates them.

And Sony is a goo entertaiment company!

Switch!!!