By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales 12/02 ~ 19/02

Panama said:
Good People Die launch numbers are quite poor. Hell the 3DS version only outsold the Vita version by 3k units. Wasn't 999 popular in Japan?

Not really, the first 999 sold like 30k lifetime. The real success came in US, and in Europe.

I have to say this sequel took me by surprise, I just found out today this sequel's existence but never crossed my mind the game was already out in Japan :P

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin

Around the Network
VicViper said:

The rest of Q1 calendar for 3DS in japan is simply beautiful - sales wise.
(quality wise, probably too)

Harvest Moon
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games
Cinderella's Life RPG
Metal Gear Solid 3D
Kid Icarus Uprising
Kingdom Hearts
Pokemon Nobunaga
If I Were in a Sealed Room With a Girl, I'd Probably XXX (lol - maybe this could be a hit, who knows)

Pokemon Nobunaga is coming for DS though. Also  If I Were in a Sealed Room With a Girl, I'd Probably XXX wtf?

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin

RolStoppable said:
happydolphin said:
They can only do so much. Their 1st party games are not interesting the Japanese in general.
http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?page=1&results=200&name=&console=&minSales=0&publisher=1535&genre=&sort=JP

None of their established IPs is capable of moving a million units in Japan anymore. It's time that Sony makes some interesting new IPs for once. They haven't done so in a very long time.

The only sony IP that was ever able  to move shardware was GT, but even that doesn't move hardware anymore. So yes, they need to fix that with new IPs.

i got vita w asphalt and mod nation rACERS next ill get uncharted and ridge racer but ya no one was lined up at walmart and no one was at gamestop this morning , in my area though they did have 3 other preorders not much but ya ,, and walmart does not have that many games to show for it lol only the 4 that came early

pezus said:
RolStoppable said:
happydolphin said:
They can only do so much. Their 1st party games are not interesting the Japanese in general.
http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?page=1&results=200&name=&console=&minSales=0&publisher=1535&genre=&sort=JP

None of their established IPs is capable of moving a million units in Japan anymore. It's time that Sony makes some interesting new IPs for once. They haven't done so in a very long time.

Sony Japan is like Nintendo WW!

Old Nintendo IP's are still selling millions, Sony has more need to make new IP's. You're right that they need to make more new IP's though.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
happydolphin said:

For Japanese markets maybe. They've been pretty good at making Western games, particularly God of War and Uncharted. Maybe they plan on focusing more on Western markets? Their studios are overwhelmingly Western these days, especially if Team Ico is really collapsing.

Guys, I was having a little fun and went bat-shit crazy on the graphs lol. Take this as just me fooling around and experimenting. Enjoy.

All entries color coded by platform:

3DS Entries:

PSP Entries:

PS3 entries:

The others (Vita, Wii) are pretty self-explanatory.

Salnax said:

For Japanese markets maybe. They've been pretty good at making Western games, particularly God of War and Uncharted. Maybe they plan on focusing more on Western markets? Their studios are overwhelmingly Western these days, especially if Team Ico is really collapsing.

Ico and Shodow of the Colossus are definitely critically acclaimed games, but if I go by VGChartz data, they are not radical sellers (at least not in Japan).

PosGamePlatformYearGenrePublisherNorth AmericaEuropeJapanRest of WorldGlobal
1 Shadow of the Colossus PS2 2005 Adventure Sony Computer Entertainment 0.78 0.03 0.20 0.13 1.14
2 The ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection PS3 2011 Adventure Sony Computer Entertainment 0.26 0.15 0.12 0.07 0.61
3 Shadow of the Colossus PS3 2011 Adventure Sony Computer Entertainment 0.00 0.00 0.03 0.00 0.03
Total1.040.180.360.201.78

Idk Ico numbers don't seem right here, but Wikipedia says it sold 700k copies, 270k of which were sold in the US, so at best 430k were sold in Japan, if that.

A fun pic from the Japan Preview:

You've been quoted menx64. :P

MRKs said:
VicViper said:

The rest of Q1 calendar for 3DS in japan is simply beautiful - sales wise.
(quality wise, probably too)

Harvest Moon
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games
Cinderella's Life RPG
Metal Gear Solid 3D
Kid Icarus Uprising
Kingdom Hearts
Pokemon Nobunaga
If I Were in a Sealed Room With a Girl, I'd Probably XXX (lol - maybe this could be a hit, who knows)

Pokemon Nobunaga is coming for DS though. Also  If I Were in a Sealed Room With a Girl, I'd Probably XXX wtf?

Sure, but since DS sales are dead in Japan, Pokemon might give 3DS sales a bump, even if nothing major!

And yeah, i don't know  anything about this XXX game, but it sure sounds like a rape simulation for the 3DS - you know, casual stuff in japan!