By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Showdown: wiiware vs. xbla vs. psn!!!!!!

Wiiware is coming out in March if i am not mistaken. The games announced for it are starting to fare up well for it. (final fantasy:tykatpl, dr.mario.) my question for you guys is this. Who do you think will win in the battle between the 3 online gaming services? (imo, wiiware will be a great alternative to xbla. i really don't see that many games on psn that are playable except for superstardust, flow, and calling all cars. home could change this though, but i still don't think it can rival live or wiiware. live is so damn addictive for me. nintendo could add some online to the great virtual console games!) your opinions?

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius
Around the Network

xbla right now >both others sooo ask this again in a year after those systems are up and running

Im looking forward to wiiware. Especially if developers take advantage of motion controls.

That's hard to say since WiiWare doesn't yet have any titles launched. I think it would be fair to compare VC+WiiWare to XBLA and PSN, in that case, Nintendos service wins by far. But considering the new titles, PSN have one thing over the others, which is the possible size of the titles (like Warhawk and GT5 Prologue), and WiiWares advantage is cheap development and low requirements (now need for HD graphics).
So, overall i'd say that eventually XBLA will turn out to be the worst of the 3, but that's hard to tell at this point.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

agreed, I vote we ressurrect this thread a year after Wiiware is out, that way everyone has a full year before we start making speculation based on 1 title.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Around the Network

without having tried any of them, they all seem about the same. without games to talk about, all is just empty talk. bottom line is, it's all about games.

the Wii is an epidemic.

PSn beats ALL of XBLA "mini games" imho. Warhawk, Tekken 5 online, Super star dust, calling all cars PSone games (twisted metal 2 AWESOME) plus ps1 games on psp and not to metion ones coming like Socom, Wipeout HD and so on. When XBLA gets 007, banjo, and perfect dark for n64 and puts it in HD then it will be good. but most XBLA games are not worth my cash at least wiiware (i hope) and PSN offer full games.

I think the PSN because they are making a newer online experience with brand new creative games. I like my xbox live but MOST of the games are classics with better color. The PSN games can be any amount of sizes. Also, I believe that they are more original. What I also hate about XBL is that there is so much advertising there and we still have to pay a fee for stuff. I have played the wii many times at my boys, and no offense to people but I believe it will not be as strong as XBL and PSN. That is my guess as of now. We will really be able to tell at the end of this year. Hopefully they all work out so the console owners can enjoy their consoles online community.

PLAYSTATON NETWORK: BLOODLINEZ

PLAYSTATON NETWORK: BLOODLINEZ

PSN has some good games, but not many at all. They NEED to put lots of more PS1 classics on there. Metal Gear Solid would be amazing.