43,208 14,068 29,140
32,933 18,636 14,297
26,866 17,031 9,835
22,223 13,939* 8,284
924,829 558,732 366,097

*MediaCreate #'s

Around the Network
chidori-chan2 said:
resident evil is big flop , glad see GT5 return in the japan...

Not really. Doing great for a 3rd party game.

dark_gh0st_b0y said:

nice to see RER holding up, and also nice for the PSV game to do relatively good

i agree that PSV needs a system seller

3DS is dropping a fast, Kingdom Hearts will come towards the end of March to sell some more systems

Might never get one outside of a Monster Hunter.

VGKing said:
chidori-chan2 said:
resident evil is big flop , glad see GT5 return in the japan...

Not really. Doing great for a 3rd party game.

Has the making of being one of the better resident evil spinoff titles. 

RazoDigimax said:
I'm thinking the Vita has basically leveled (unless it continues to fall...). It's just a niche device for people with a lot of extra disposable income.

The 3DS has the games they want, is affordable, and games keep coming for their PSPs.

Not in Japan. 
Vita will start selling well once PSP gets phased out. 

Around the Network
chidori-chan2 said:
Sony needs to do something quick. These sales for Vita are abysmal.

All they really need to do is phase out the PSP.

VGKing said:
chidori-chan2 said:
Sony needs to do something quick. These sales for Vita are abysmal.

All they really need to do is phase out the PSP.

The problem is you can't really phase something out that is cheaper, and still getting a strong library, unless you want Sony to piss off third party developers. 

ethomaz said:
Claymore said:
Why are people so obsessed with the Japanese Xbox numbers?

Because in this slow period it and the PS2 are fighting the best battle... the others hardware are just boring.

Pointless MS doesn't even supply Japan with Xboxs any more.

Claymore said:
ethomaz said:
Claymore said:
Why are people so obsessed with the Japanese Xbox numbers?

Because in this slow period it and the PS2 are fighting the best battle... the others hardware are just boring.

Pointless MS doesn't even supply Japan with Xboxs any more.

PS2 debuted 12 years ago in Japan... so?

VGKing said:
RazoDigimax said:
I'm thinking the Vita has basically leveled (unless it continues to fall...). It's just a niche device for people with a lot of extra disposable income.

The 3DS has the games they want, is affordable, and games keep coming for their PSPs.

Not in Japan. 
Vita will start selling well once PSP gets phased out. 

How would that work exactly? Let's take this week's sales. So the PSP sold around 16k. Even if Sony COMPLETELY phased out the PSP by totally stopping shipping it and even if EVERY single person who bought a PSP instead decided to buy a much more expensive device with a smaller library then Vita sales would be 30k (14K Vita + 16K PSP). Even 30k would still not be that good.

That is the absolute best case scenario as well, so best case in fact that it is beyond the realms of possibility. There is also no way that Sony can simply totally phase out the PSP or that every single person buying a PSP would instead switch to the Vita. I would in fact say that people who are buying a PSP now and people who would buy a vita are two separate markets. People buying the PSP want a cheapish device with a huge library of games. 

All Sony can realistically do is stop first party games for the PSP. Which unless I'm mistaken they have pretty much already done. Looking at Wikipedia there were only 4 Sony games for PSP in 2011 and there are none scheduled for this year. 

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.