By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - David Jaffe responds to G4TV’s Twisted Metal review

Haven't read the review, but I think the author's post in the comment section was alright. Nothing that needs to be deleted.

Around the Network

I mean his sentence about kids in the basement wondering why girls wont touch them was probably the reason why it was deleted.

But then again im glad some people have the balls to call out nerds. A review is a review, and I would never take it on a personal level. But some people clearly do so im glad that comment makes them think about their lives.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Panama said:
d21lewis said:
I said this in the youtube comments a while back for Uncharted 3 but: Why do people even bitch about the review? The reviewer gives their take on the game. If we already know what we want the game to be (keep in mind that, most of the time, we haven't played it and they have), why do we complain? You get mad when a game you thing is a 9/10 gets an 8.5/10. If you think it's a 9/10 then buy it and be happy. You wanted THEIR opinion so you checked out THEIR review. In the end, it seems that people don't want a review at all. They just want to be told what they want to hear.

Personally, when I think a game may suck, I'm glad when a reviewer comes in and gives me realistic expectations. Some times, I think to myself, "you know, this wasn't as big of a deal for me as it was for them" or, "You know, I didn't even notice any slowdown or screen tearing." but, even if I don't notice, the problem tends to be real. It's just something that I'm personally able to overlook and somebody else may take issue with.

Jaffe is free to speak his mind about whatever he wants but he should know more than anyone, considering how long he's been in this business: Not everyone is going to like what you like. I predict that TM is going to sell like crap. It may be a good game but it's not the right game. It's a throwback product of a bygone era. It's concept is not appealing anymore.

It's like you didn't read what Jaffe wrote at all then randomly took a stab at TM. I lold.

I read it hours ago.  This was just on my mind.  It's kind of the direction the thread has taken.

sales2099 said:
"Finally, give it a rest with the "G4 is biased against Sony" or "paid off by Microsoft"

Oh God yes, was I happy to see someone acknowledge this. Any PS3 exclusive gets less then perfect.....and all the fans cry bias and MS moneyhatting. Oh but when a 360 games scores low.....it was well deserved right?

Cry me a river/gimme a break. Just one of the cultural differences between a 360 and PS3 fan

Stop using certain individual posters to describe entire communities.

A chicken out of a feather.

Around the Network

David Jaffe complaining about someone not being professional...... Good grief. It amazes me that Jaffe still works in the industry. He is like a whiny child. Oh and also he wouldn't rather get a 1/5 from someone who knew their stuff. As proven by the fact that he threw his toys out of the pram when Calling All cars didn't get 8s and higher from everyone. ''Someone gave my game a 6.7? BOOHOO! Let me throw around swear words non stop.''

Jaffe needs to grow up.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

Jay520 said:
sales2099 said:
"Finally, give it a rest with the "G4 is biased against Sony" or "paid off by Microsoft"

Oh God yes, was I happy to see someone acknowledge this. Any PS3 exclusive gets less then perfect.....and all the fans cry bias and MS moneyhatting. Oh but when a 360 games scores low.....it was well deserved right?

Cry me a river/gimme a break. Just one of the cultural differences between a 360 and PS3 fan

Stop using certain individual posters to describe entire communities.

yep, as if microsoft or nintendo fans dont do the same thing.

just look at microsoft fans complain about greg miller being biased and paid off when he gave Uncharted a 10.

or all of them complaining about Gears of war getting a lower score.

it happens on both sides.

it would be like me generalizing the whole microsoft community as being hypocritical, flamebaiting, immature fanboys because of sales2099. that is not to say sales2099 is said things, just that i can generalize to.

I think this point out there are a lot of immature people associated with video gaming -- designers, reviewers, players.

That may be one reason why video gaming is not taken seriously by so many people.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Personnally irrespective of the reviewers comments Jaffe comments made it worse. He should of distanced himself making a non inflamatory people are entitled to there opinions type comment and vented his spleen elsewhere.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
SmokedHostage said:
I'm surprised that Developers, much less Jaffe, actually care about G4.

I think we have a winner