By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect 3 Demo

d21lewis said:
You know what sucks? I played ME2 the first time through and almost everybody died. I went back to an older save, and everybody survived. Then, I started the game from scratch with my boosted stats on the hardest setting. Miranda died because I didn't take her side during an argument (WTF?). Now, with ME3 coming out, I have to decide whether I want Miranda's death to carry over or not. I don't have the time to replay the game a third time before ME3 comes out.

My only hope is if I have an old save close to the end of the game and that my other characters can keep Miranda alive--or bring her with me (but she sucks!) to fight the final boss.

I went through the same thing on my Insanity playthrough.  Did their loyalty missions too early and was worried about her dying.  Searched the internet for a solution and, with some good choices in leadership for the final mission, her AND Zaeed (who wasn't loyal either) survived.  You can do it without starting over, man.  Use an old save.  The game isn't THAT set in stone in regards to the loyalty system.  

Around the Network

Oh man you guys I'm getting mroe and more excited about this game hte more I think about it

Now that you can set up multiple characters under the same class in multiplayer, and different races have different ability sets to choose form in each class, you can get started on really customizing your characters according to the situation at hand. I could have dozens of different Vanguard builds alone according to the power synergy that I'm trying to reach, and I could use each of them with specific teams where I know how to coordinate our strengths and weaknesses

There's so many possibilities for meaningful character customization

My cup runneth over

pezus said:
Millenium said:
pezus said:

Good job with the textures Bioware...

Lol! Mass Effect's best quality unfortunately has never been character textures, the difference between Shepard and Anderson is just a bit too much though.

I just wish they made a proper effort with the PC version. They were once the creme de la creme of PC RPG devs and now they don't give two shits. And then they wonder why people will pirate the shit out of this. 

I wouldn't exactly say they don't give two shits, it'll still be an amazing game. But yeah they could perhaps invest a bit more in the quality of the pc version, they certainly have the quality artists for it.

d21lewis said:
You know what sucks? I played ME2 the first time through and almost everybody died. I went back to an older save, and everybody survived. Then, I started the game from scratch with my boosted stats on the hardest setting. Miranda died because I didn't take her side during an argument (WTF?). Now, with ME3 coming out, I have to decide whether I want Miranda's death to carry over or not. I don't have the time to replay the game a third time before ME3 comes out.

My only hope is if I have an old save close to the end of the game and that my other characters can keep Miranda alive--or bring her with me (but she sucks!) to fight the final boss.

No no no no no. You have everyone else's loyalty, right? THey're loyal?

Leave Miranda to hold the line. Send Mordin back to the ship. Take Tali and Kasumi with you to fight hte final boss, since their modifiers for holding hte line as so low it's almost comical. Bringing a non-loyal person with you to fight the baby Reaper will get them killed. As long as your strongest people are holding the line, they'll be able to compensate for Miranda being terrible. Trust me! This is worth trusting me over.

I was raring to fight Cerberus after watching the cutscene at the end of the first level when Shepard escapes from Earth. But Galaxy at War was quite a let down. It played felt like a completely different game and was boring to say the least. Normally end up stuck on Firebase White, but Firebase Ghost isn't much different. The 'objectives' and waves don't fill you with the same emotions as the main game does when fighting as Shepard.
Hopefully all the drawbacks I noticed will be gone in the full release, although I feel Galaxy at War is just going to drag it down.

Around the Network
SecondWar said:
I was raring to fight Cerberus after watching the cutscene at the end of the first level when Shepard escapes from Earth. But Galaxy at War was quite a let down. It played felt like a completely different game and was boring to say the least. Normally end up stuck on Firebase White, but Firebase Ghost isn't much different. The 'objectives' and waves don't fill you with the same emotions as the main game does when fighting as Shepard.
Hopefully all the drawbacks I noticed will be gone in the full release, although I feel Galaxy at War is just going to drag it down.

Someone's playing Sol-dier

pezus said:
Millenium said:
pezus said:
Millenium said:
pezus said:

Good job with the textures Bioware...

Lol! Mass Effect's best quality unfortunately has never been character textures, the difference between Shepard and Anderson is just a bit too much though.

I just wish they made a proper effort with the PC version. They were once the creme de la creme of PC RPG devs and now they don't give two shits. And then they wonder why people will pirate the shit out of this. 

I wouldn't exactly say they don't give two shits, it'll still be an amazing game. But yeah they could perhaps invest a bit more in the quality of the pc version, they certainly have the quality artists for it.

They don't give a shit about the PC version, clearly. They give a shit for the game, sure, but not for the PC version itself. It's basically a pure console port with lame Origin and DRM thrown in. Horribly few graphics settings, FOV is way too small, screen tearing, low res textures, controls non-modifyable. And the funny thing is, the demo doesn't even support a controller, even though it plays like a console game.

they don't have key bindings? Surely they'll have it in the final game.

Hopefully I'll play the demo in a few hours. Disapointed some didn't like the music, since it's done by clint mansell who's one of my favorite soundtrack composers.  Maybe I won't agree. Or Maybe he wrote mediocre.

Khuutra said:
SecondWar said:

Ok, I am. Is it actually any different when playing as a different class?

ishiki said:
pezus said:

They don't give a shit about the PC version, clearly. They give a shit for the game, sure, but not for the PC version itself. It's basically a pure console port with lame Origin and DRM thrown in. Horribly few graphics settings, FOV is way too small, screen tearing, low res textures, controls non-modifyable. And the funny thing is, the demo doesn't even support a controller, even though it plays like a console game.

they don't have key bindings? Surely they'll have it in the final game.

Hopefully I'll play the demo in a few hours. Dissapointed some didn't like the music, since it's done by clint mansell. But, I thought ME2's music was worse than ME1's so bleh.

I actually find the music fantastic, particularly during the sequences that ends the first half of the demo. Excellent.

SecondWar said:
Khuutra said:

Ok, I am. Is it actually any different when playing as a different class?

Soldier players don't like to hear this but it's not a dynamic class in terms of playstyle, and that's doubly true in multiplayer where yo ustart off very weak and it can take a while to level. Without the narrative hook to hold you in, you need to play a class that's fubn in terms of mechanics, and SOldier isn't the most fun out of these classes.

If I can make a recommendation? Make a Vanguard, put away all weapons except for your shotgun so you recharge your Charge in half the time, and just - just go to town, okay? You'll have a lot more fun in the Vanguard playstyle, constantly on the edge of death.