By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation Vita's biggest challenge? Gamers love to hate Sony

Hate Sony?

Why yes, yes I do 65 21.59%

We have a love/hate relationship 57 18.94%

Damn haters!!1! 104 34.55%

What's Sony? 29 9.63%

Fuck that, just give me The Last Guardian! 45 14.95%

Total:300
Zlejedi said:
Ajescent said:
thranx said:
Zlejedi said:

You think other brand fanboys are different ?

Look at what was posted about Vitality Sensor, Wii Music, Kinect core games etc. before their releases ;)

Maybe sony fans just travel to other threads more often. I dont really see a lot of nintendo fans in the ms section constanly attacking or being negative about anything announced there. But I always seem to see the sony fans. I dont really have a gripe with nintendo fans as far as i can tell i can only pick one or two out. This is just what i notice. I am not in the sony or nintendo forum really, just the ms and the the others. But I dont even bother with the MS section any more, really no point as there really ins't any discussing going on there just sony vs ms stuff all the time.

It can be argued that Nintendo fans don't do that because the Wii and 360/ps3 don't go for the same kind of games and it can be argued that you see sony fans being negative in the MS section because that's where you mostly reside, I mostly reside in the Sony section and I see fans from all corners critising Sony from all angles, I also see critics from Nintendo fans aimed at Sony handhelds.

Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. 

No fan group are saints, each side has its flaws.

And let's not forget what was happening in 2008 where Wii was closing to 50% market share and X360 was outselling PS3 in Japan

Anybody remember that preiod where every other day introduced another "Nail in the coffin" thread in the Sony section?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network
pezus said:
Ajescent said:
Zlejedi said:
Ajescent said:
thranx said:
Zlejedi said:

Look at what was posted about Vitality Sensor, Wii Music, Kinect core games etc. before their releases ;)

Maybe sony fans just travel to other threads more often. I dont really see a lot of nintendo fans in the ms section constanly attacking or being negative about anything announced there. But I always seem to see the sony fans. I dont really have a gripe with nintendo fans as far as i can tell i can only pick one or two out. This is just what i notice. I am not in the sony or nintendo forum really, just the ms and the the others. But I dont even bother with the MS section any more, really no point as there really ins't any discussing going on there just sony vs ms stuff all the time.

It can be argued that Nintendo fans don't do that because the Wii and 360/ps3 don't go for the same kind of games and it can be argued that you see sony fans being negative in the MS section because that's where you mostly reside, I mostly reside in the Sony section and I see fans from all corners critising Sony from all angles, I also see critics from Nintendo fans aimed at Sony handhelds.

And let's not forget what was happening in 2008 where Wii was closing to 50% market share and X360 was outselling PS3 in Japan

Anybody remember that preiod where every other day introduced another "Nail in the coffin" thread in the Sony section?

Yes, Sony was supposed to pull out of the console race "soon". Threads like "Why there won't be a PS4", "Is Sony doomed?", "PS3 won't be on the market in 2010" etc. 

But yet, Sony fans are the only one who "warmonger" mind=boggling. 

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Ajescent said:
thranx said:
Zlejedi said:
Acevil said:
Ajescent said:
voty2000 said:
I think it's just that the Sony fans can be very annoying. That's the only reason why I have any animosity towards Sony. Everything Playstation related is given God-like status from their fans and it gets annoying. I like my PS3 and don't hate Sony but their fans just get to me. They could release a turd and the fans will come and praise it for having such a strong smell and claim it's AAA before a trailer comes out.

I think it stems from the fans being used to being the #1 console by a large margin then suddenly dropping to dead last. They now have to hype every little thing to make it seem like it's doing better than it is.

I know other fans can be annoying but there's just something annoying by the way some Sony fans whine.

PS: I also realize that not all Sony fans are annoying so you don't have to tell me and am not trying to lump them all together.

Are you telling me that Ninty and MS fans don't do the same thing?

Actually to a degree I think he is right. Infact that is what I hated about Sony fans in the past aswell, anything exclusive almot got instance status of being the GOTY! Nintendo and Microsoft fans have done it to a degree, but nothing at the level of sony fans have shown. Given in the past couple of years it has been tone down from sony fans, still some what exists. 

I agree. But since my time here, i think i created an account in 07 and lurked for about a year before that I have seen sony fans as the worst. Not that i think as individuals they are bad people , or even that their ideas are bad or brought up in bad ways, but as a group it seems sony fans rally together all over and must all agree on everything. I often think some are just alt accounts of a few users. But in the few ps3 threads i do go into they can discuss with out much issues from nintendo or ms fans (the only bad ones i remember where the otherOS things). I mainly go to the twisted metal threads as that is a game i love, but you can't find the same for the ms section. Basically everysingle thread is ruined by bickering. I think its more a lack of good moderation where the rules are unevenly applied, I often see users who have a high post count get away with things that they shouldn't and users with low post counts get slammed for the little things. For the most part i try to report what i see as offensive from anyone, even my fellow ms fans. But i have seen the ups and downs in the community and I do remember when the sony fans had it the hardest.

Ajescent said:
pezus said:
Ajescent said:
Zlejedi said:
Ajescent said:
thranx said:
Zlejedi said:

Yes, Sony was supposed to pull out of the console race "soon". Threads like "Why there won't be a PS4", "Is Sony doomed?", "PS3 won't be on the market in 2010" etc. 

its the taking things to extremes i think. You know like turning a statement from I think sony fans are the worst, into sony fans are the only ones. It makes it hard to understand you guys and makes me think you really just do not read post from others. Thats fine. Your the second sony supporter to do that to the single post i made. I think it reinforces what i stated.

thranx said:
Ajescent said:
pezus said:
Ajescent said:
Zlejedi said:
Ajescent said:
thranx said:
Zlejedi said:

its the taking things to extremes i think. You know like turning a statement from I think sony fans are the worst, into sony fans are the only ones. It makes it hard to understand you guys and makes me think you really just do not read post from others. Thats fine. Your the second sony supporter to do that to the single post i made. I think it reinforces what i stated.

I think you'll find I kinda moved on from you there...

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
thranx said:
Ajescent said:

I agree. But since my time here, i think i created an account in 07 and lurked for about a year before that I have seen sony fans as the worst. Not that i think as individuals they are bad people , or even that their ideas are bad or brought up in bad ways, but as a group it seems sony fans rally together all over and must all agree on everything. I often think some are just alt accounts of a few users. But in the few ps3 threads i do go into they can discuss with out much issues from nintendo or ms fans (the only bad ones i remember where the otherOS things). I mainly go to the twisted metal threads as that is a game i love, but you can't find the same for the ms section. Basically everysingle thread is ruined by bickering. I think its more a lack of good moderation where the rules are unevenly applied, I often see users who have a high post count get away with things that they shouldn't and users with low post counts get slammed for the little things. For the most part i try to report what i see as offensive from anyone, even my fellow ms fans. But i have seen the ups and downs in the community and I do remember when the sony fans had it the hardest.

Nintendo fans are the worst, period.

haha.

Dead last means last one standing. If anything, it's dead first.

Galaki said:
Dead last means last one standing. If anything, it's dead first.

I will admit that dead last can mean that you are last place by a large margin but it doesn't mean last man standing.  I went ahead and took dead last out of my statement because it wasn't meant to be anymore than saying the PS3 was last. 

dead last (not comparable)

1. (idiomatic) Finishing in last place in a competition or (in sports) the standings, often by a considerable margin to the next-to-last-place finisher or after an exceptionally poor showing or season.

Ajescent said:
kain_kusanagi said:
Ajescent said:
It's staggering the amount of hate Vita is getting not only from consumers but from the journo types. It just seems Sony can do no right.

I don't see it as hate. I think the handheld market has changed and the numbers from Japan are showing that. The original Gameboy was a monochrome portable NES. The Gameboy Advance was a portable SNES. But the DS was not a portable Gamecube and the 3DS is going to look extremely dated compared to its contemporary console counterpart the Wii U. My point is people aren't really looking for a portable console anymore. I don't really want to play console level games in the ten minutes I have waiting in line at the post office. I just want a short fun distraction. I'll play the big games when I get home on my big TV with a comfortable controller in my hand. That's doesn't mean I hate the Vita, I just don't have room in my life for it. I barely have room in my life for a 3DS, which I don't own because I know they'll put one out with a build in second circle pad. I can't even say I'm sure I'll buy one when that happens.  Look, Sony created a sexy piece of tech, but I think fans of Uncharted would have rather Golden Abyss be a PS3 game. If it's good enough to be a PS3 game, why isn't it a PS3 game? If the public isn't looking for a pocket size console they'll stick with Angry Birds and Infinity Blade. That's not hate, it's just how things look to be going.

With that said I don't expect the Vita to fail. But I also don't expect it to sell more than the 3DS or the original PSP. The portable gaming market has opening up and there is a lot more competition out there now. I myself stopped carrying my DS around and instead listen to podcasts or kill time with free stuff on the Android marketplace. All I'm saying is Sony and even Nintendo are going to have to compete with free games and games that cost a buck or two. Even when those games are as brilliant as Mario 3D Land or Golden Abyss.

Everybody assumes that's all the Vita does, "the console in your hands experience." I have a psp and play the "console games there" but I also play the bytesize games as well. Cannon Fodder is a game I come back to all the time.

Dracula Undead Awakening
I must Run
Trailblazer

To name a few (God I hate lists) The point is, people need to just look beyond the surface and the PR speel and figure it out for themselves. Sony's PR suck that is why I rarely listen to anything they have to say because more often than not, they will probably say it incorrectly and end up pissing people off half way through.

I'm sure you enjoy the PSP and the "byte size" games. But why should the average consumer buy another expensive machine if they are happy with Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja, Game Dev Story, Apparatus, Line Runner, etc? My point was not that the Vita lacks quick and accessible games. My point was that people already have purchased and use daily devices that satisfy their need for short diversions. The Vita may have those types of experiences too, and the bonus of being a portable console, but if people no longer want a portable console than they won't feel the need to carry a Vita along with the Droid when their smart phone is more convenient and kills time when they need it to. Of course the same can be said of the 3DS, but Nintendo kind of lives off in Nintendo land.

kain_kusanagi said:
Ajescent said:
kain_kusanagi said:
Ajescent said:
It's staggering the amount of hate Vita is getting not only from consumers but from the journo types. It just seems Sony can do no right.

I don't see it as hate. I think the handheld market has changed and the numbers from Japan are showing that. The original Gameboy was a monochrome portable NES. The Gameboy Advance was a portable SNES. But the DS was not a portable Gamecube and the 3DS is going to look extremely dated compared to its contemporary console counterpart the Wii U. My point is people aren't really looking for a portable console anymore. I don't really want to play console level games in the ten minutes I have waiting in line at the post office. I just want a short fun distraction. I'll play the big games when I get home on my big TV with a comfortable controller in my hand. That's doesn't mean I hate the Vita, I just don't have room in my life for it. I barely have room in my life for a 3DS, which I don't own because I know they'll put one out with a build in second circle pad. I can't even say I'm sure I'll buy one when that happens.  Look, Sony created a sexy piece of tech, but I think fans of Uncharted would have rather Golden Abyss be a PS3 game. If it's good enough to be a PS3 game, why isn't it a PS3 game? If the public isn't looking for a pocket size console they'll stick with Angry Birds and Infinity Blade. That's not hate, it's just how things look to be going.

With that said I don't expect the Vita to fail. But I also don't expect it to sell more than the 3DS or the original PSP. The portable gaming market has opening up and there is a lot more competition out there now. I myself stopped carrying my DS around and instead listen to podcasts or kill time with free stuff on the Android marketplace. All I'm saying is Sony and even Nintendo are going to have to compete with free games and games that cost a buck or two. Even when those games are as brilliant as Mario 3D Land or Golden Abyss.

Everybody assumes that's all the Vita does, "the console in your hands experience." I have a psp and play the "console games there" but I also play the bytesize games as well. Cannon Fodder is a game I come back to all the time.

Dracula Undead Awakening
I must Run
Trailblazer

To name a few (God I hate lists) The point is, people need to just look beyond the surface and the PR speel and figure it out for themselves. Sony's PR suck that is why I rarely listen to anything they have to say because more often than not, they will probably say it incorrectly and end up pissing people off half way through.

I'm sure you enjoy the PSP and the "byte size" games. But why should the average consumer buy another expensive machine if they are happy with Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja, Game Dev Story, Apparatus, Line Runner, etc? My point was not that the Vita lacks quick and accessible games. My point was that people already have purchased and use daily devices that satisfy their need for short diversions. The Vita may have those types of experiences too, and the bonus of being a portable console, but if people no longer want a portable console than they won't feel the need to carry a Vita along with the Droid when their smart phone is more convenient and kills time when they need it to. Of course the same can be said of the 3DS, but Nintendo kind of lives off in Nintendo land.

I don't expect Vita sell 1 billion but at the same I don't expect it to sell only a dozen but based on the amount of negativity it's getting, you'd think even a dozen is a tall ask.