By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Abu Dhabi - FORMULA 1 2015

StokedUp said:
So now what happens with Sauber?
I think there's a chance they will promote Esteban Gutierrez from GP2 into a F1 race seat. Then maybe have Kamui Kobayashi/Esteban Gutierrez.
If not then i think it could be Kamui Kobayashi/alguersuari.

Im not sure how good perez will do with Mclaren, obviously he will be up there cuz he's in the right car to do so but whether he will out perform Button im not sure.
I think Perez 3 podiums have put a sort of false skill than how he normally races.. 2 of those results were all down to amazing thought out strategy from sauber, Putting him on hard tyres for a loooong period of time then when putting him on nthe fast option tyres for the remainder of the race while everybody else has got older tyres, he manages to race through on fresh rubber.

it si kind of a risk from mclaren perez is untested really and button isn't the fastest as hamilton proves,i mean to me vettel,alonso,hamilton,raikkonen are probably the fastest/best drivers,i like button persoanlly but it doesn't mean he wins all the time,what with losing mercedes engines and hamilton Mclaren could be on the fade if they are not careful,

how much money did/does perez bring/have for sauber/mclaren do you think,i'd say sauber need a driver who brings money or weight maybe they'll take a massa,did schumacher resign

did algueurshari really light things up,wonder how long sauber will take to say who they sign

Above & Beyond

Around the Network

The FIA’s calendar in full:
17/03 Grand Prix of Australia 
24/03 Grand Prix of Malaysia 
14/04 Grand Prix of China 
21/04 Grand Prix of Bahrain 
12/05 Grand Prix of Spain (Barcelona) 
26/05 Grand Prix of Monaco 
09/06 Grand Prix of Canada 
16/06 Grand Prix of Jersey (New York) * 
30/06 Grand Prix of Great Britain 
14/07 Grand Prix of Germany 
28/07 Grand Prix of Hungary 
25/08 Grand Prix of Belgium 
08/09 Grand Prix of Italy 
22/09 Grand Prix of Singapore 
06/10 Grand Prix of Korea 
13/10 Grand Prix of Japan 
27/10 Grand Prix of India 
03/11 Grand Prix of Abu Dhabi 
17/11 Grand Prix of USA (Austin) 
24/11 Grand Prix of Brazil 
* TBC

they also had this release on the website,looks liek 21 races two in the states,has silverstone been moved back or maybe i'm thinking older,it used to be in july near my b'day,new jersey should be interesting,valencia has gone and i thought argentina might get oen but not sure,would be cool though to have another race in south america,surely mexico can't be long they are pretty rich these days aren't they

it really is worldwide these days,europe dwindlling in power and money some hsitoric tracks hanging on in there

edit-actually 20 or 19 races

Above & Beyond

Perez will do what Raikkonen did for McLaren.

haxxiy said:

Now we are going to be able to accurately (more or less, actually, but still) how good Perez and Rosberg are Also, Alguersuari will likely be back with Sauber. Nice.

Prediction: both Hamilton and Button to beat their teammates by about 3:2 next year or even larger margins. Don't fool yourselves, after the apparent Alonso and Vettel success with the 1-2 driver scheme that's what both teams are aiming for.

I think Hamilton and Rosberg would be a closely fought Battle, with Rosberg having the advantages of experience with the team and car evolution. I however expect Hamilton to finish the second half of the season on top. I agree with your Hamilton prediction to beat his teammate but it will be close.

Button likewise have the same advantages so should put Perez in his place early in the season but I think highly of Perez. He is young and hungry. I think he can put Button under some pressure once he settles in. Button can only drive well when everything is perfect and Perez has shown he can make a less competitive car compete. I am going to predict that Perez whups Button, espeicially if the Mclaren is not at it's best.

justinian said:
haxxiy said:

Now we are going to be able to accurately (more or less, actually, but still) how good Perez and Rosberg are Also, Alguersuari will likely be back with Sauber. Nice.

Prediction: both Hamilton and Button to beat their teammates by about 3:2 next year or even larger margins. Don't fool yourselves, after the apparent Alonso and Vettel success with the 1-2 driver scheme that's what both teams are aiming for.

I think Hamilton and Rosberg would be a closely fought Battle, with Rosberg having the advantages of experience with the team and car evolution. I however expect Hamilton to finish the second half of the season on top. I agree with your Hamilton prediction to beat his teammate but it will be close.

Button likewise have the same advantages so should put Perez in his place early in the season but I think highly of Perez. He is young and hungry. I think he can put Button under some pressure once he settles in. Button can only drive well when everything is perfect and Perez has shown he can make a less competitive car compete. I am going to predict that Perez whups Button, espeicially if the Mclaren is not at it's best.

Yeah maybe it will be close at Mercedes but I really doubt Perez will be anywhere close to Button. Both qualify pretty bad, but Button vs. Hamilton surely can't compare to Perez vs. Kobayashi. I'm not quite a fan of "only when the car is at it's best" thing. What's that even supposed to mean? For instance the McLaren is the fastest car right now and still Button is behind Hamilton, whereas last year they were miles behind Vettel and Button got the upper hand over Hamilton. I blame the english media and Hamilton fans who nitpick everything Button says about his car when it's a driver job to inform the pit crew of these things.

I'd say it's more of a tyre issue. Tyres were more conservative last year, and very unpredictable this one so fresher Q2 tyres and the right setup made a massive difference (and that's why Rosberg, Maldonado etc. won or were pretty close to win). Now they are getting conservative again and should remain so next year. Besides, should tyre rules change for qualys, even if Perez doesn't make into Q3 he's in for a nasty surprise.

Around the Network

Button to win title next year, Vettel to finish 2nd, Perez 3rd.

Rainbow Yoshi said:
Button to win title next year, Vettel to finish 2nd, Perez 3rd.

why don't you put a tenner on it ,you never know although pretty unlikely alonso and ferrari will have something to say 

Above & Beyond

justinian said:
haxxiy said:

I know Im a Lewis fan, but history shows Rosberg isnt really as quick as Lewis.

They have raced many times before in F2 and F3. Including Vettel in circumstances where the cars matched muc more equally. To be honest Vettel gave Lewis the ardest time, but none of the young guns could beat Lewis in equal machinary.

F1 is a different kettle of fish though. But I expect Lewis to beat Rosberg regularly. In fact Id be very surprised if Rosberg manages to out qualify Lewis. Id put a bet on at the bookies that Rosberg gets only 1 quali over Lewis next season.

As a fan of Lewis since before F1, I have good and bad feelings about this move. Still Lewis must know something about next years car from Merc for him to move. Maybe Merc are doing the rigt steps in personel and will be challenging next year.

This season Lewis has driven brilliantly. But the team have made to many blunders on his side of the pits. I actually forgot how many times Lewis has had car issues or pit issues this season. Just watched a video on his season so far. 130 points lost due to pitstops, team blunders and car faliures. Thats alot.

Muahahahah things improve every minute. Now there are rumors that affirm Bernie says 2014 engines will be scrapped or at least put back two or three years:

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=47448

Things are getting more and more interesting. What will Hamilton do if this rumor is true, and Mercedes keeps being a midfield team?

Dang, missed out on this thread for a while.