By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Abu Dhabi - FORMULA 1 2015

haxxiy said:
justinian said:
haxxiy said:

Now we are going to be able to accurately (more or less, actually, but still) how good Perez and Rosberg are Also, Alguersuari will likely be back with Sauber. Nice.

Prediction: both Hamilton and Button to beat their teammates by about 3:2 next year or even larger margins. Don't fool yourselves, after the apparent Alonso and Vettel success with the 1-2 driver scheme that's what both teams are aiming for.

I think Hamilton and Rosberg would be a closely fought Battle, with Rosberg having the advantages of experience with the team and car evolution. I however expect Hamilton to finish the second half of the season on top. I agree with your Hamilton prediction to beat his teammate but it will be close.

Button likewise have the same advantages so should put Perez in his place early in the season but I think highly of Perez. He is young and hungry. I think he can put Button under some pressure once he settles in. Button can only drive well when everything is perfect and Perez has shown he can make a less competitive car compete. I am going to predict that Perez whups Button, espeicially if the Mclaren is not at it's best.

Yeah maybe it will be close at Mercedes but I really doubt Perez will be anywhere close to Button. Both qualify pretty bad, but Button vs. Hamilton surely can't compare to Perez vs. Kobayashi. I'm not quite a fan of "only when the car is at it's best" thing. What's that even supposed to mean? For instance the McLaren is the fastest car right now and still Button is behind Hamilton, whereas last year they were miles behind Vettel and Button got the upper hand over Hamilton. I blame the english media and Hamilton fans who nitpick everything Button says about his car when it's a driver job to inform the pit crew of these things.

I'd say it's more of a tyre issue. Tyres were more conservative last year, and very unpredictable this one so fresher Q2 tyres and the right setup made a massive difference (and that's why Rosberg, Maldonado etc. won or were pretty close to win). Now they are getting conservative again and should remain so next year. Besides, should tyre rules change for qualys, even if Perez doesn't make into Q3 he's in for a nasty surprise.

I find the british media to be very pro-Button anti-Hamilton but that's a whole different argument.

I am merely repeating what "the experts" say regarding Button and his "perfect car". I have heard it said so many times by the pundits that Button needs a "perfect car" to be competitive that I take it granted. I also happen to believe it.

"Only when the car is at it's best" I believe mean unless the car is perfectly set up for Button he cannot get a lot out of it.

Other drivers can get an under performing, not-perfect-setup car to perform well.

I believe Alonso has this talent.

Alonso (my fav driver) said that he rates Hamilton because he (Hamilton) is the one driver that can get the best out of an under-performing car.

I am just calling it the way I see it. I don't not take part in the driver bashing nonsense that is a feature of some F1 forums so don't take me as anti-Button.

On the tyres I totally agree with you. But tyres are as important as the car and to a degree the driver that uses them.

Perez shows a remarkable ability to conserve his tyres in the Sauber.

This is the beauty of sport...some sports anyway.

No one knows what will happen and that's why we speculate and discuss.

You could be right and I could be wrong..

I however will stick to my prediction that Perez will hand Button his backside on a plate. Not because I don't like or respect Button as a driver, but because I believe it will happen.

Let's wait, see and debate over the next season.

Around the Network

Cant wait to see the Live Drivers conference tomorrow morning (7am UK)
Hamilton and Perez (along with Button, Kobayashi, Di Resta and Massa) will be sitting next to each other :) cant wait to see the body language and the questions thats going to be thrown at them.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

schumacher retires again then,to be expected really i guess

sauber won't be taking him now though,for sure,practices in the middle of night for me,race not to bad though 7 in the morning i think,qualy 6 in the morning

Above & Beyond

zuvuyeay said:

sauber won't be taking him now though,for sure,practices in the middle of night for me,race not to bad though 7 in the morning i think,qualy 6 in the morning

yeah same here! dont know whether to record them with SKY plus or stay up and watch.

As for schumi retiring, i think hes done the right thing, he came back and it was good to see him on the grid again but he just hasnt performed well at all. I would like to see him still in F1 in some way or another, maybe stay at Merc GP playing some other role.

StokedUp said:
zuvuyeay said:

yeah same here! dont know whether to record them with SKY plus or stay up and watch.

As for schumi retiring, i think hes done the right thing, he came back and it was good to see him on the grid again but he just hasnt performed well at all. I would like to see him still in F1 in some way or another, maybe stay at Merc GP playing some other role.

i haven't got sky,i think i can manage 7:00am as i'm early rising at the mo,or i'll just have to watch the iplayer/re run if i miss it

it was good to have schumacher back i think and showed him differently to what a lot of people think,shame mercedes were not just good enough as i 'm sure they will get there,i'd expect to see schumacher back in charge of something in formula 1,no doubt about it

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
Japan Zuv Mill Rain Cone Kowen Jonop Hax Just
1st Vettel

2nd Webber

3rd Alonso

Retiree Petrov Kobayashi

Schumacher

Score                

Hi guys,i will play safe i think,i won't change mine as its an early rise so you can plot your results if you wish,

i should be up near the race as i am on early rising at the moment but aslong as you let me know if you change your predicitons early 2moro morning just no edits of posts,

pretty eventful qualy i saw most of the rerun,good to see the saubers and kobayashi up there,its strange having hamilton leaving already as it doesn't matter anymore does it,no one cares,may aswell move onw ith 5 races left or whatever it is

Above & Beyond

a good qualification, really happy Kamui got 3rd
RedBull seem to have cracked it here, unless they have tyre issues or DNF they we will easily win this. The real racing will be behind those 2.
Looking forward to it.

Oh shit, almost forgot about this thread.

1. Webber
2. Kobayashi
3. Alonso

DNF - Vettel

1: Webber
2: Vettel
3: Grosjean
DNF: Kobayashi

Both sad and happy to see Schumacher go, it was fun to have him back but it's time for him to have a good relaxing retirement.
- Mill.

1) Vettel
2) Kobayashi
3) Webber
DNF Kimi Raikkonen
Hoping this massive gamble pays off.