By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Abu Dhabi - FORMULA 1 2015

I echo all those thoughts. Renault especially should be embarrassed. They threatened to quit the sport if these turbo engines weren't introduced, and now after already being on the back foot in the first year they actually went backwards it seems. Just poor show

Around the Network

Yeah how on Earth Renault managed to make the engine worse after pre-season testing is beyond me. As for reliability, it's first race. It's ridiculous yes but not surprising. If the pattern continues into the next race, though...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
Yeah how on Earth Renault managed to make the engine worse after pre-season testing is beyond me. As for reliability, it's first race. It's ridiculous yes but not surprising. If the pattern continues into the next race, though...

I guess Renault just didn't improve as much as their competition...

The TV reporters (in the US) said that the Ferrari engines were running with about 80 more horsepower than they were last year, and Mercedes likely got a similar improvement.

McLaren should've stuck with Mercedes for their engines... I'm a fan of Honda, but they're going to need some drastic improvements.

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

-Samuel Clemens

Sentient_Nebula said:
Conegamer said:

I guess Renault just didn't improve as much as their competition...

The TV reporters (in the US) said that the Ferrari engines were running with about 80 more horsepower than they were last year, and Mercedes likely got a similar improvement.

McLaren should've stuck with Mercedes for their engines... I'm a fan of Honda, but they're going to need some drastic improvements.

Nah, Renault have actually made their engine worse. Interesting read though that article.

"Red Bull's engine manufacturer Renault had an awful start to the season. It took to Australia an engine that not only had no more power than at the end of last year but also had worse drivability, and which - remarkably - was somehow a step backwards from the engine they had used in the final pre-season test, which ended only two weeks ago."

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:

Nah, Renault have actually made their engine worse. Interesting read though that article.

"Red Bull's engine manufacturer Renault had an awful start to the season. It took to Australia an engine that not only had no more power than at the end of last year but also had worse drivability, and which - remarkably - was somehow a step backwards from the engine they had used in the final pre-season test, which ended only two weeks ago."

Renault... Wtf. Fuck around last years pre-season and now this... Red Bull has enough money to go elsewhere. Why tempt them?

Thank god Ricciardo is good behind the wheel then.

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
Conegamer said:

Renault... Wtf. Fuck around last years pre-season and now this... Red Bull has enough money to go elsewhere. Why tempt them?

Thank god Ricciardo is good behind the wheel then.

Elsewhere like a different sport or a different engine supplier? Because I doubt Mercedes or Ferrari are willing to supply engines to Red Bull.

Conegamer said:
Surely the first person out would be Bottas, Magunssen and Kvyat? Technically Bottas never raced and wasn't classified, so that would be Magnussena and Kyvat. I think that has to be the best result.

Overall a good race. Quite a bit of attrition but you have to expect that. A little sad that they aren't going to give Suzie a drive though, but ah well.

for our game though a dnf needs to start the race to be the first out that gets the 25pts ,i made the rule last year

dns still get 10pts though

they have changed the official F1 site,made it worse for me to check things,looks like maldonado & grosjean out first so jono does it again

Above & Beyond

Ya the new F1 site is a total joke. Whoever thought that was a good idea should be fired like yesterday.

Also no German GP this year -_-

Angelus said:
Ya the new F1 site is a total joke. Whoever thought that was a good idea should be fired like yesterday.

i know,that is strange shows how much organisation is needed to put on a GP if they are not ready to step in for the other

unless there is something else going on like not paying bernie or something

Above & Beyond

zuvuyeay said:
Angelus said:

i know,that is strange shows how much organisation is needed to put on a GP if they are not ready to step in for the other

unless there is something else going on like not paying bernie or something

It is still wrong, why on earth doesn't the car capital of the world with 2 big circuits (Nurburgring and Hockenheim) have a GP.

Mercedes is going to win this season that much is already clear. 30 seconds between Rosberg (2) and Vettel, that's not even funny anymore.  

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar