By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Abu Dhabi - FORMULA 1 2015

Conegamer said:
Rainbow Yoshi said:
So glad Jenson Button won the race when I thought it would be won by Lewis Hamilton. I think Sauber Ferrari have had a great start with 3rd in the constructor's and have chances of gaining podiums. Sergio Perez should replace Felipe Massa (unless Ferrari start doing consistently bad).

Massa should have won in 2008, not Hamilton IMO. He's never been the same since, and his accident the year after only compounded the issues.

I love Massa, I think he's great. Because I want him to win. But you're right. A new driver should have replaced him for this year.

The FIA tried to manufacture a title for Massa in 2008 and still couldn't make it stick.  The entire debacle in Spa that year was ridiculous, the FIA penalised him for a rule that he hadn't broken because it never stipulated how much advantage he had to concede back to Kimi.  That wasn't the only incident they manufactured point for Massa that year either.  Dont't get me wrong, I think he used to be a great driver but he knew after 2008 that he wasn't getting another chance at the title once Alonso showed up at Ferrarri.  I've already had a cheeky prediction that Kubica will be in Massa's seat for the end of the year.

Around the Network
slowmo said:
Conegamer said:
Rainbow Yoshi said:
So glad Jenson Button won the race when I thought it would be won by Lewis Hamilton. I think Sauber Ferrari have had a great start with 3rd in the constructor's and have chances of gaining podiums. Sergio Perez should replace Felipe Massa (unless Ferrari start doing consistently bad).

Massa should have won in 2008, not Hamilton IMO. He's never been the same since, and his accident the year after only compounded the issues.

I love Massa, I think he's great. Because I want him to win. But you're right. A new driver should have replaced him for this year.

The FIA tried to manufacture a title for Massa in 2008 and still couldn't make it stick.  The entire debacle in Spa that year was ridiculous, the FIA penalised him for a rule that he hadn't broken because it never stipulated how much advantage he had to concede back to Kimi.  That wasn't the only incident they manufactured point for Massa that year either.  Dont't get me wrong, I think he used to be a great driver but he knew after 2008 that he wasn't getting another chance at the title once Alonso showed up at Ferrarri.  I've already had a cheeky prediction that Kubica will be in Massa's seat for the end of the year.

I agree, but you also have to remember that Massa had some terrible luck, i.e. having to retire with 1 lap to go when in first, gifting Hamilton 12 more points than he would have got previously. Even without the fiasco at Spa, if had he lasted another 5 minutes he would have won by 6 points.

But yeah. He's never been the same. Especially consistantly 1 second slower than Alonso.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
Rainbow Yoshi said:

Im not sure the 2008 season I think belonged to hamilton at the end of the day luck is in all games and all drivers have good and bad luck its what you do with it that counts I just think hamilton is one of the best drivers on the circit atm and the last race was going to be a massa win (2008 in brazil) but when hamilton went in for tyres around lap 40 it made for such a great ending one of the most breath taking finishes Iv ever seen. 

Conegamer said:
slowmo said:
Conegamer said:
Rainbow Yoshi said:

I agree, but you also have to remember that Massa had some terrible luck, i.e. having to retire with 1 lap to go when in first, gifting Hamilton 12 more points than he would have got previously. Even without the fiasco at Spa, if had he lasted another 5 minutes he would have won by 6 points.

But yeah. He's never been the same. Especially consistantly 1 second slower than Alonso.

The big issue I have is that Massa lost points due to car issues which is part of the sport.  Hamilton lost points due to the FIA trying to fix a close championship (if not actually fix who won it too).  F1 is all about belief, if you look back to 2007-2009 Hamilton was on a different level to the majority of drivers.  In 2010 Mclaren had their second season on the trot with a car that wasn't the best in the field, then in 2011 it turned to three years with a car that wasn't in the title hunt.  Hamilton is suffering a bit like Massa too now imo, he's started losing some of that swagger and confidence that blind self belief gives a driver.  Hamilton from 2007-2009 wouldn't have rolled over and given in today like he did.

Hamilton is just lacking confidence but seems to have the attitude he needs to fix it, Massa just seems to have zero belief and confidence at the moment and I don't know how he can fix that, if he actually can.  At the end of the day, Massa can quit tomrrow with his head held high though imo, to even come back at the level he did after such a horrific mental and physical trauma speaks volumes of the man.

MALAYSIA ZUV  BREN  Hax  Cone  Mill  Rainb             RESULT
1ST  Vettel  Hamilton  Button  Vettel  Webber  Hamilton              
2ND  Hamilton  Webber  Hamilton  Button  Vettel  Button              
3RD  Webber  Button  raikkonen  Webber  Hamilton  Perez              
RETIREE    Vettel  Alonso  Pic  Button  Karthikeyan              
SCORE                          

ok Malaysia is only a few days away now,copy and paste the table and put in you predictions or just post them and i will sort it out later,obviously its best to wait but maybe you are away or havea broken PC like me,i will post my predicitions friday,

now you can change your podium up until the start of the race alosng as you let me know but when you have entered your retiree driver you cannot change it or have the same as someone else,also anyone new can join if you want at anytime so get predicting,still 19 races left,

i have deleted the OP to help my PS3 browser and have put the melbourne results in htere too,i will make a championship table when my PC arrives back from the garage,good luck

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
MALAYSIA Brendude13               RESULT
1ST  Hamilton                
2ND  Webber                
3RD  Button                
RETIREE  Vettel                
SCORE                  

Did I do it right?

Can't believe I missed a thread like this D:

So, I expect:

1 - Button
2 - Hamilton
3 - Räikkönen
Retiree - Alonso

Mercs just behind, ahead of the Red Bulls. I expect them to qualify first or second row but their tyre wear is just too bad. Besides I expect more Massa blunders, and the Saubers and the Williamses to keep showing what happens when you put fast cars in the hands of reckless drivers.

More wild predictions FTW!

1st- Vettel
2nd- Button
3rd- Webber

Retiree- Pic

Mercedes, Alonso just behind, with Lotus, Williams and Sauber in the mix...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

brendude13 said:
MALAYSIA Brendude13               RESULT
1ST  Hamilton                
2ND  Webber                
3RD  Button                
RETIREE  Vettel                
SCORE                  

Did I do it right?

your predictions are right but it is hard to tell from a ps3,the table has gone strange and my name disappeared so i don't know what you did 

you think vettel is crashing in malaysia then?

Above & Beyond

MALAYSIA 

1ST Webber
2ND Vettel      
3RD Hamilton
RETIREE Button 

More of a wild guess than a proper prediction, but this is what I'll go for.