By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is the Wii just getting main series of games that sell most in Japan?

no-one dislikes money

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Right now, I don't see a lot of NA developers doing much for the Wii. They're more concentrated on the 360 and the PS3 brings in more revenue. In Japan where Wii > PS3 + 360, Japanese developers are more enticed to make Japanese friendly games.
It is very unlikely that Wii will have that much dominance in NA. Publishers see the PC, 360, PS3 road as the more safe approach. I would not expect to see major NA projects for the Wii.

Not yet but certainly in 1-2 years time. Some exaples - Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Dynasty Warriors, etc

... well it is true biggest userbase = largest chance on making money

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Star Ocean IV, Final Fantasy XIII and Versus XIII are not coming to Wii, and the last two are probably the biggest out of any games in Japan.
indications at the moment are that many devs are happy doing to expensive games for PS360 and still just using party games or cheaper versions of the main game for wii. Although I expect there to more "proper" Wii exclusive games, I still think there will be major games that miss out on wii because AC and CoD 4 have showed how well the big titles can sell, so those types of titles will stay with PS360. I do not think we will get to the John Lucas situation where MGS 4 does not come to PS3

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
... well it is true multiplatform = largest chance on making money
 fixed. 

totalwar23 said:
kirby007 said:
 fixed. 

that is the same as biggest userbase don't you think?

kirby007 said:
totalwar23 said:
kirby007 said:
fixed.

that is the same as biggest userbase don't you think?

not in this generation.

biggest userbase is not multiplatform? :/ explain plz

Well Assasins Creed is a good example

It got sales of 4 Million AND COUNTING...accross ps3/360

would the game have sold as much on the wii --- probably not

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey