By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are these the system sellers of 2008?

well wiifit is

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

@KIRBY007
the wii doesn't need games! (this is the first time i've ever said this about a console!) it can sell on hype, looks, and motion sensing! there is no games on wii that can move it any more that it is already moving! (which is twice the sells of the other 2!)

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius

no in japan wiifit saved wii

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

PS3

GTA4
Metal Gear Solid 4
Gran Tourismo 5

GTA4
Fable 2

WII

Super Smash Bros
Mario Kart
WiiFit

These are each system's system sellers. Ofcourse, Halo Wars will sell millions, but it's not a system seller. System sellers are games that people will buy the console for. This means people who have not yet purchased "console x" now, will purchase it if "game y" comes out. Everybody into Halo has already bought an Xbox 360, Halo Wars will not gather new fans, at least not a significant ammount.

the sequels to the two best selling gamecube cames come out on the wii in 2008... and then there's wii fit. one thing is for sure: the wii is not going to slow down this year. maybe it would have without these titles so i guess we can call them system sellers. WiiWare might be something to look into.

as for the ps3, i think Warner Brothers is the system seller. everyone holding back will probably rush out and buy it as a blu-ray player now that the format war is ending.

Around the Network

Yea if it wasnt for wii fit ps3 would have still held the lead in japan.

mM
leo-j said:
Yea if it wasnt for wii fit ps3 would have still held the lead in japan.

You're quite the comedian around here, aren't you?

No its true, the ps3 was outselling the wii until wii fit.

mM

You won't be able to tell if some of those Wii games are system sellers since the Wii will sell out anyway. And some of those PS3 and 360 games aren't garunteed million sellers.

Official member of the Sonic Support Squad!

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from Vgchartz for the loser. Edit: Darn! Looks like OriGin will win.

leo-j said:
No its true, the ps3 was outselling the wii until wii fit.

The PS3 had a price drop, new sku, and a few new good games. If it didn't outsell the Wii, which didn't get anything new, I'd be shocked.

Official member of the Sonic Support Squad!

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from Vgchartz for the loser. Edit: Darn! Looks like OriGin will win.