By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Valkyria Chronicles looks horrible

Tagged games:

If VC is unplayable due to lack of AA, do you eyes explode whenever you play the majority of Wii games?

Around the Network

yes the game has heavy aliasing issues(and there is no way around that), but that didn't really bother me

still, I'm glad never cell shaded games tend to have at least some anti-aliasing

pezus said:
http://www.pixelsocks.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/valkyria-chronicles-20080820052545365.jpg
Even here, look at the jaggies all around this. When you looks in a separate windows it's noticable. And this isn't even as wide as 22 or 32 inch. But for me every game looks better on my 32 inch tv rather than my 22 inch monitor. On my monitor Valkyria Chronicles looks horrible (unplayable), on my TV it's bearable.

I'm gonna help you out here.

You know the engine VC was made with, yeah? It's supposed to represent a watercolour painting.

Something like this -

It's not supposed to be perfect, shiny and sharp. It's supposed to be a painting come to life. It's the artstyle used.

Machina said:
Acevil said:
Machina said:

I thought it looked great. It's about the only thing I actually liked about it.

Machina duck, before carl takes you out! 

Since I don't enjoy J(S)RPGs and think most of them are absolutely hideous I was actually being pretty nice.

I forgot to say I also liked the Imperial characters.

Really? Christ, I hated them. They were almost as annoying as the Gallians.

I bet you just got owned by Selvaria and wants to blame the game for your embarrassing defeat.

Around the Network

Love that game, and everyone else don't feed the troll

For the record, Valkyria Chronicles is a good game mechanically and I'd like to acknowledge it as such, though it's too easy to exploit

this is for you pezus !!!

man-bear-pig said:
d21lewis said:
When you least expect it, I'm going to punch you in the back of the head.

Me too.

Triple punch incoming

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

pezus said:
leatherhat said:
man-bear-pig said:
d21lewis said:
When you least expect it, I'm going to punch you in the back of the head.

Me too.

Triple punch incoming

fourth'd

I'll add my tornado kick

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share