By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Club Nintendo struggling to keep up with demand?

spurgeonryan said:
@ Tomatito
That is somethng that needs to be changed. I only buy around five games a year so it will take me longer! I don't like how points just vanish. What is it? 5 points a game usually.

What do you mean?

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
I was asking how many points even come in a game. I stopped checking.

Wii games are 50 points. Handheld games are 30. And then there are follow-up 10 point surveys.

I finally started entering my games ... I have quite the backlog. I am trying to figure out which ones to hold til next year.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

spurgeonryan said:
I was asking how many points even come in a game. I stopped checking.

I don't know about how it is in the USA as I haven't ever registered anything over there, but I can tell you a bit about Japan.

For standard priced games(5,000 - 6,000 yen range MSRP) you receive 30 points and for lower priced games (3,500 - under 5,000 yen range MSRP) you get 20 points. They also have a 2 week bonus period (I think) after release of the game and if you register you'll get bonus points.

For example with Super Mario 3D Land I got 20 points for the game and 20 points as a bonus for registering early(40 total). For RE: Revelations I got 30 points for registering the game and a 30 point early bonus(60 total). For registering my newly purchased Gundam Char Aznable 3DS I got 80 points for registering the hardware. (I got 30 points for the registering the bundled Gundam game it came with.)

Points varied by hardware type: Wii system: 80 points, DS Lite: 50 points, DSi: 60 points, DSi LL/XL: 60 points, 3DS: 80 points (before and after the price drop the point total didn't change.) Oh and for registering that GB Micro I got 40 points, hehe.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"