By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GT5 Update: 7.43 Million Shipped * as of Dec 2011

Tagged games:

Seece said:
ethomaz said:
kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:
Panama said:
What happens to future numbers now that GT5 XL is out?

XL Edition shipment wull be is tracked in March 2012 report.

why havent you posted this in your shipment forecast thread?  where is that thread?

Here: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=125037

And I'm off by -1,490k now ... my prediction is like to be true at the end of 2013 (1 year after what I predict).

But they only shipped 1,060m in 2011? Surely the buying rate of GT5 is gonna be lower in its 2nd and 3rd full year to its first ...

Weel... I rounded to 1 year... it's 1 year and 3 months after what I predict but the next shipments can put my prediction to end of 2014, 2015, 2016 or never .

Around the Network

Not bad but the lack of US/Japan sales will hold it back from reaching the lofty heights of previous GT's unless Sony start bundling the title or advertising the new version a bit to make people aware of it again.

Would I be right in saying the franchise is showing growth in Europe/Asia but dropping in US/Japan? US is probably due to the big drop in install base for PS3 vs previous Sony consoles plus maybe a growing lack of interest in the genre.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Well they did just release the "Spec II" version as a standalone release in Japan (on 2/2) so it might have a small bump here.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Apparently GT4 shipped another 60k copies over the holidays too.

The retail price of GT5 in Holland is 14.99EURO now in MediaMarkt.

Around the Network
Reasonable said:
Not bad but the lack of US/Japan sales will hold it back from reaching the lofty heights of previous GT's unless Sony start bundling the title or advertising the new version a bit to make people aware of it again.

Would I be right in saying the franchise is showing growth in Europe/Asia but dropping in US/Japan? US is probably due to the big drop in install base for PS3 vs previous Sony consoles plus maybe a growing lack of interest in the genre.

In NA seems like the bolded part...

GT1: 3,990
GT2: 3,960
GT3: 7,140 (well... heavly bundled)
GT4: 3,230
GT5: 1,940 (conting yet)

GT1 and GT2 sold about the same in NA... GT3 was heavly bundled... and GT4 not sold the same like the previous GTs showing the loss of interest in the game... I can see GT5 reaching 2.8m yet in NA but not more than that.

kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:
Reasonable said:

GT1 and GT2 sold about the same in NA... GT3 was heavly bundled... and GT4 not sold the same like the previous GTs showing the loss of interest in the game... I can see GT5 reaching 2.8m yet in NA but not more than that.

your "predictions" are very volatile arent they...

WEEK 1

NA: 870k
EU: 2.3m
JP: 480k

LTD (2016)

NA: 5.4m
EU: 7.7m
 JP: 1.9m

What are you talking about? My previous predictions are proved wrong (I lost a bet with Michael)... so if my prediction was off I can't be resonable and change my mind?

ethomaz said:
Reasonable said:

Okay so it looks like dropping interest for whatever reason.  Bundling would no doubt help in US but probably nowhere near GT3 levels as at that time the game would have been riding PS2 demand I guess.  I guess LTD it'll finish north of 2M in US but it's hard to imagine it getting much past 2.5 at this point. The drop from just under 4M per title to just over 3m (ignoring GT3 blip) means GT5 will likely see a drop to at least 2.5 million.

As a steady seller it'll do fine in the end - particularly considering it's the first GT releasing on a Sony console with such a small share of install base.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

ethomaz said:
kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:
Reasonable said:

your "predictions" are very volatile arent they...

WEEK 1

NA: 870k
EU: 2.3m
JP: 480k

LTD (2016)

NA: 5.4m
EU: 7.7m
 JP: 1.9m

What are you talking about? My previous predictions are proved wrong (I lost a bet with Michael)... so if my prediction was off I can't be resonable and change my mind?

According to some people, apparently you can't...

ethomaz said:

Again.

http://www.polyphony.co.jp/english/list.html

ACTUAL NUMBERS ( *as of Dec 2011 )

Global: 7.43 million

Japan: .64 million
North America: 1.94 million
Europe: 4.59 million
Asia: 0.26 million (the best selling GT ever)

PREVIOUS NUMBERS ( *as of Sep 2011 )

Global : 7.3 million (+0.13m)

Japan: .63 million (+0.01m)
North America: 1.83 million (+0.11m)
Europe: 4.59 million  (no update)
Asia: .24 million (+0.02m)

VGC NUMBERS ( *as of Dec 2011 )

Global: 7,117,318

Japan: 636,670
USA: 1,601,137
Europe: 3,390,947

how much has GT4, and GT psp sold this quarter, this year?