By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GT5 Update: 7.43 Million Shipped * as of Dec 2011

Tagged games:

Undertrac... wait.

Around the Network

osamanobama said:

how much has GT4, and GT psp sold this quarter, this year?

This quarter...

GT5: 130k
GT4: 60k

GT5: 1,060k
GT5P:  140k
GT4: 250k
GTPSP: 1,290k

kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:
kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:
Reasonable said:
Not bad but the lack of US/Japan sales will hold it back from reaching the lofty heights of previous GT's unless Sony start bundling the title or advertising the new version a bit to make people aware of it again.

Would I be right in saying the franchise is showing growth in Europe/Asia but dropping in US/Japan? US is probably due to the big drop in install base for PS3 vs previous Sony consoles plus maybe a growing lack of interest in the genre.

In NA seems like the bolded part...

GT1: 3,990
GT2: 3,960
GT3: 7,140 (well... heavly bundled)
GT4: 3,230
GT5: 1,940 (conting yet)

GT1 and GT2 sold about the same in NA... GT3 was heavly bundled... and GT4 not sold the same like the previous GTs showing the loss of interest in the game... I can see GT5 reaching 2.8m yet in NA but not more than that.

your "predictions" are very volatile arent they...

WEEK 1

NA: 870k
EU: 2.3m
JP: 480k

LTD (2016)

NA: 5.4m
EU: 7.7m
 JP: 1.9m

What are you talking about? My previous predictions are proved wrong (I lost a bet with Michael)... so if my prediction was off I can't be resonable and change my mind?

you've changed it about 4 times... after each release of information. It is no longer a prediction, its a random guess based on a hope.

lol if the official data show that my prediction is wrong why have I supporting it??? Your way of thinking is weird. New official data... new prediction.

- I predict game X shipping 9.
- Shipped data shows 9 is not possible.
- Now * based in last shipped data * I'm saying 8 is still possible.
- New shipped data shows 8 is not possible.
- Now * based in last shipped data * I'm saying 7 is still possible.

I said GT5 will ships 5m in NA if it was heavly bundled... that's impossible to happen now... so I'm saying that 2.8m is still possible...  REASONABLE.

This year it should ship close to 1m thanks to XL edition. 10m by 2014 maybe? GT games never stop selling even if new one releases. Just look at GT4 or GT5p.

i thought sold through was more important to people than ship to retailer

Around the Network
ZaneWane said:
i thought sold through was more important to people than ship to retailer

That's a special case... the only game with shipped to reailer almost every quarter... so is possible to see how much the game sold through for the quarter.

shanbcn said:
This year it should ship close to 1m thanks to XL edition. 10m by 2014 maybe? GT games never stop selling even if new one releases. Just look at GT4 or GT5p.

Very true.  It's nuts that GT5P is still selling.  I would think they would have taken that off of shelves already, as it's just a glorified demo for GT5.  Especially since without it, those sales would have gone to GT5.  Oh well, I'm sure they're swimming in the dough from all of those games. 

thismeintiel said:
shanbcn said:

Very true.  It's nuts that GT5P is still selling.  I would think they would have taken tht off of shelves already, as its just a glorified demo for GT5.  Especially since without it, those sales would have gone to GT5.  Oh well, I'm sure they're swimming in the dough from all of those games. 

I think PD counts digital sales too.