By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII-2 gets 5.4 on Gamrreview - how is that possible?

Tagged games:

brendude13 said:
Rob-Ot said:
brendude13 said:

This kinda worries me, I'm at the 7 hour mark, but I take my time, so I must be hitting the "5 hour mark" if I played the game at a moderate pace.

Nothing changed for me at the 5 hour mark.

Are you sure? Does the game maintain its pace and focus on story? I'm not going to spoil it but I'm going to give you a rough idea of my whereabouts in the game. I just had my first real boss fight, the boss used Regen.

The focus on the story isn't the issue here. The difficulty of the game and how rewarding the battle system is will be the major issue.

Some people enjoy the story, some don't; I'll leave you to decide your opinion on the story and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

What everyone faces though is the game turning  very very easy around 10-13 hours in the game; and then going to extremely easy later on (except for optional hard battles and final boss which is suddenly very very hard).

There is a lack of difficulty balance later on in the game. I still found the game extremely fun but the battle system is less rewarding than XIII's simply due to the fact that it isn't difficult. I think there may be a "hard mode" DLC in the future.

Around the Network
naruball said:

Hey, thanks for the elaborate response. I mean, I still disagree with you, but it was nice of you to address every point like that.

well I'm glad we can come to a polite disagreement. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
woot?????? 5.4 ?????

i hate ff 13 cause the game is a bad final fantasy but i gave him a 7.5 score, i gave skyrim a 5 cause skyrim have game breaking bugs , but this :S

i don´t agree at all with the score, in this days a 5.0 game is totally garbage ...

but if ff gets lots of these scores maibe square go back to the old school formula we all like

What game breaking glitches?  I played for over 200 hours so far on PS3 (the worst of the versions) and only had my game freeze on me once.  I encountered more glitches in the 8 hours I played Uncharted 3 than the 200 hours I played on skyrim.  I think people are grossly exagerrating Skyrim's issues. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
i did not played uncharted 3  and i dont want to derail the thread , this is about your  ff 13-2  review and not skyrim .

if you think skyrim is fine for all people you missed a lot of the press news the last 3 months , if you want to discuss this you can go to my profile page or you can google and see for yourself.

btw what is your score to the  technical aspects of ff 13-2?

I thought the game was very technically impressive.  The graphics were truly top notch, the art direction was damn impressive as well.  I thought the score/soundtrack was mostly good, the voice acting solid.  

AS for actual performance, never any slowdown, never any glitches. Game worked perfectly.  the issues I ahd with the game were not with performance, but design choices in gameplay and especially the plot which was contrived, confusing, and inconsequential. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

ryuzaki57 said:
Rainbird said:

I don't really know how the general reviewing scene has handled the game, but I think our reviewer here made it clear what his likes and dislikes were, and made the score seem justified. A review only reflects the opinion of one person, and as such you can agree or disagree, as can every other reviewer out there.

No. This review isn't just a personal opinion : it is the score that gamrreview/VGchartz, a well-established and respected website, gave to Final Fantasy XIII-2 regarding its overall quality. By entrusting this review to someone who has nothing but contempt for FFXIII, and attacks the game on all possible subjective issues (music, design, etc.), gamrreview obviously poorly managed it and misinforms readers.

And the review went through editting by gamrReview staff to make sure that it was a review which could be supported by the site.

Again, Runa is a fan of the series and Square-Enix was claiming that FFXIII-2 would fix what was wrong with FFXIII. I believe any reviewer should be qualified to review the games they set out to review, and Runa seems to be more than qualified for reviewing FFXIII-2 in my eyes.

Around the Network

Runa, you wrote a fair review for the game in my opinion. I don't see an issue at all.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Games trash about sums it up.

Runa216 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
woot?????? 5.4 ?????

i hate ff 13 cause the game is a bad final fantasy but i gave him a 7.5 score, i gave skyrim a 5 cause skyrim have game breaking bugs , but this :S

i don´t agree at all with the score, in this days a 5.0 game is totally garbage ...

but if ff gets lots of these scores maibe square go back to the old school formula we all like

What game breaking glitches?  I played for over 200 hours so far on PS3 (the worst of the versions) and only had my game freeze on me once.  I encountered more glitches in the 8 hours I played Uncharted 3 than the 200 hours I played on skyrim.  I think people are grossly exagerrating Skyrim's issues. 

Then you must be insanely lucky. I had 3 freezes occur 5 minutes between each other. I was considering quitting at this part but I pushed forward, and somehow it didn't freeze again for many hours later. Quest lines bugging out, elemental resistance being at 0, horses falling on my head, dragons flying backwards (though the AI is so retarded they could have been doing this on purpose), freezes, souls not consuming,  frame rate dropping below 15 often, and countless other problems makes me say that certain people are understating the problems rather than exaggerating.

I faced 90% of those issues, and while you may not have countless others are. So it is definitely not an exaggeration.

Wagram said:
Runa216 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
woot?????? 5.4 ?????

Then you must be insanely lucky. I had 3 freezes occur 5 minutes between each other. I was considering quitting at this part but I pushed forward, and somehow it didn't freeze again for many hours later. Quest lines bugging out, elemental resistance being at 0, horses falling on my head, dragons flying backwards (though the AI is so retarded they could have been doing this on purpose), freezes, souls not consuming,  frame rate dropping below 15 often, and countless other problems makes me say that certain people are understating the problems rather than exaggerating.

I faced 90% of those issues, and while you may not have countless others are. So it is definitely not an exaggeration.

You poor bastard.  Maybe I am super lucky, but like I said, I played for like 200 hours between two seperate playthroughs and rarely had even t he slightest issue.  Some framerate lags immediately after quick travelling and one freeze was it.  if I was to review it I would have likely given it a 94 but only that low becuase I HEARD of the glitches, not becuase I encountered them.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

brave man giving an FF a score like that around here,you didn't review FFXIII though did you,from reading some of the thread it seems like they think you did

Above & Beyond