By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning IGN review 9.0 !!

wow another great rpg that i will definitely get  :)

IGN Ratings for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Rating Description
out of 10 Click here for ratings guide
8.5 Presentation
Amalur totes an impressive story penned by one of the great fantasy authors of our time, and it takes place in a fantastic fictional world. It’s complex and hard to follow at times, though.
8.0 Graphics
Beautiful environments and solid animations are marred by fairly shoddy-looking character models. I wish lip-syncing was more on-point during dialogue.
8.0 Sound
Music is sparse, but the voice-acting is well-executed and really adds a great deal to the story. Characters have a lot to say, and that’s a good thing.
9.5 Gameplay
The bread and butter of the game. Reckoning sets the bar very high for other games moving forward, and is an absolute pleasure to play.
9.5 Lasting Appeal
I hope you have a hell of a lot of time on your hands, because Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning will require all of it for the foreseeable future.
OVERALL
Amazing
(out of 10)

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1216517p1.html

this is the ps3 review but i think the xbox360 will get the same score.

Around the Network

Surprisingly good score. I wander what the Metascore is.

I didnt like the demo at all, but I might re-evaluate my position on this game if it gets close to 90% Meta.

Hopefully, this will be the new blueprint for all these sloppily made WRPGs. I was definitely going to get Skyrim this Summer, but this game might spoil me by then.

@Slimebeast, that's the saddest thing I've ever heard. If you didn't like the demo, why would scores change your mind on what you played?

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Its surprising TBH. After watching the gameplay videos, it looked generic, but it seems the gameplay mechanics are actually pretty good Well its always nice to see a game get unexpected praise

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

A 9? So its average then...

Not a 10/10? Blunder of the century. Just for that I'll be picking it up day 1, I love bad games.

Kai Master said:

I hate official reviews and they're often corrupted like Famitsu mafia. I'll wait for gamers' votes. And everybody is unique, some may love, some may hate, reviews have no interest in fact. Just buy and play the game and that's it.

Or you can play the hour long demo and make your own decision.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

The game lock up part of it unless you buy new.

adriane23 said:

@Slimebeast, that's the saddest thing I've ever heard. If you didn't like the demo, why would scores change your mind on what you played?

That's the saddest reaction I've ever read.

Most demos are shit...