By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony on Vita sales: "we do not think we have any problems"

scottie said:
Joelcool7 said:
Well Sony needs to reassure stock holders and developers. I couldn't see Sony saying "oh man we are fucked lets hope we can pull off the international launch and save our asses" third parties would cut development over night as they did with 3DS. Sony needs to do major damage control they do not want to hurt the international launch. They won't admit any failure till two or so months after Vita's is available in all regions.

Investors aren't (generally) as dumb as you make them sound. When the 3DS was doing almot this bad, Nintendo said that they had a problem, and that they were taking steps to fix it. Most investors will prefer to see that than a company with their head buried in the sand.

yet their stock kept going down.

Around the Network

That's exactly what your competitors want you to think, now get your heads out of the sand or, stop with all the PR bullshit.

Zim said:
MontanaHatchet said:

Every console with a slower start is doomed until it's not. Remember that at one point the PS3 was getting outsold 7:1 in Japan by the Wii. Now it's doubling the Wii's sales weekly and is looking to finish the generation almost neck in neck. At least let the Vita release in more than one territory or let it get a big game first

.... is that a joke? Looking to finish the generation neck and neck? Wii in Japan 12.3m, Ps3 in Japan 7.8m. So to finish neck and neck the PS3 would need more than 50% of what it has already sold while the wii sold nothing. 

It would of course need this in around about 2-3 years before the focus totally shifts to next gen.

You don't understand. The Wii will start to have negative sales and its neck will be broken.

it should have a slow 1st year before it sells in larger numbers

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Soo Sony predicted the failure in Japan? Hrmm... strange

Yay!!!

Around the Network

I don't agree.

AstroMaSSi rules

theprof00 said:
scottie said:
Joelcool7 said:
Well Sony needs to reassure stock holders and developers. I couldn't see Sony saying "oh man we are fucked lets hope we can pull off the international launch and save our asses" third parties would cut development over night as they did with 3DS. Sony needs to do major damage control they do not want to hurt the international launch. They won't admit any failure till two or so months after Vita's is available in all regions.

Investors aren't (generally) as dumb as you make them sound. When the 3DS was doing almot this bad, Nintendo said that they had a problem, and that they were taking steps to fix it. Most investors will prefer to see that than a company with their head buried in the sand.

In the 188 days prior to the 3DS price cut, Nintendo stock has dropped $14.03, or 39% of its previous value.
In the 189 days since the 3DS price cut, Nintendo stock has dropped $5.07, or 23% of its previous value.

To me, that correlates perfectly with a move welcomed by investors.

scottie said:
theprof00 said:
scottie said:
Joelcool7 said:

In the 188 days prior to the 3DS price cut, Nintendo stock has dropped $14.03, or 39% of its previous value.
In the 189 days since the 3DS price cut, Nintendo stock has dropped $5.07, or 23% of its previous value.

That time period shows nothing of relevance to a press release, and everything to do with actually cutting the price.
Yeah in fact, the day of the announcement was a HUGE drop from above 22 to under 20, then the very day after the price cut, it starts picking up a bit.

theprof00 said:
scottie said:
theprof00 said:
scottie said:
Joelcool7 said:

That time period shows nothing of relevance to a press release, and everything to do with actually cutting the price.
Yeah in fact, the day of the announcement was a HUGE drop from above 22 to under 20, then the very day after the price cut, it starts picking up a bit.

So you're saying investors were responding to Nintendo solving the problem, as opposed to responding to Nintendo saying they were solving the problem?

That's not a rhetorical question by the way, if I'm wrong, you may need to explain your point again.

If I'm right that that was your point, it seems like semantics really and I doubt investors will respond well to Sony's "we do not think we have any problems" line.

Houston, I don't think we have a problem.