By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales 1/23 ~ 1/29

damnit vita, you're suppose to fall under 10k for my prediction.

also, what's the YoY for wii/ps3. they look perfectly flat to me which seems...surprising.

Around the Network
Seece said:
Acevil said:
Seece said:
Most HW rose this week, why is that again?

No idea, beside that software drives hardware. 3DS and PS3 had a strong title come out, and Vita had a relatively good title come out. 

Thanks. Do you know what other games that'll boost HW are on the horizon?

Hmm you should check out COMG preorder charts. From that list it looks likes PS3 titles are the strongest, with PSP and 3DS close behind. Honestly it will be titles that sustain sales more than boost them. 

kitler53 said:

also, what's the YoY for wii/ps3. they look perfectly flat to me which seems...surprising.

The strange thing is, wii didn't get a price-cut in Japan if I remember correctly. Only a bigger bundle. 

Due to the fact that PSV > PSP and the RE is above my expectations, I think we should celebrate

kitler53 said:

Wii is down 50% yoy, and for the year so far down over 25k. PS3 is up slightly on both counts though.

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:
From now, 3DS doesn't have anything big until KH3D in late march?

For now, it doesn't seem like it needs it though ;)

So next week Ragnarok and the week after that Gravity Daze??

I'm surprised the VITA has gone up at all. There are new titles but nothing that seems to be much of a hardware pusher.
3DS is still leading the pack though! The 3DS's SW seems to have pretty nice legs too!

Anyone know when Gravity Rush/Daze is releasing?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

Roma said:
Seece said:
Most HW rose this week, why is that again?

New games

RE:R did great but how does it compare to other RE games?

First week sales of mainline RE games

Resident Evil:

PS1: 137k

Resident Evil 2:

PS1: 1.3 million

Resident Evil 3:

PS1: 1.13 million

Resident Evil 4:

PS2: 241k

GC: 141k

Wii: 46k

Resident Evil 5:

PS3: 323k

X360: 78k

Revelations did fairly good. RE5 did almost double more though on console with smaller hw base.