By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales 1/23 ~ 1/29

KillerMan said:
Roma said:
Seece said:
Most HW rose this week, why is that again?

New games

RE:R did great but how does it compare to other RE games?

First week sales of mainline RE games

Resident Evil:

PS1: 137k

Resident Evil 2:

PS1: 1.3 million

Resident Evil 3:

PS1: 1.13 million

Resident Evil 4:

PS2: 241k

GC: 141k

Wii: 46k

Resident Evil 5:

PS3: 323k

X360: 78k

Revelations did fairly good. RE5 did almost double more though on console with smaller hw base.

Wow those numbers for RE 2 and 3 are those really first week sales? That’s amazing!

Considering it’s on a handheld I think it did very good.

Thanks for the numbers

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Wow. Looks like they might actually discontinue the DSi before PS2 O.O

Nice to see Vita passed PSP.

The DSi is the exact same price as the 3DS in Japan. The 3DS can play all of the DSi games as well as 3DS games. Unless you just like a certain color or get a good deal on one there isn't really a reason to get one as long as Nintendo doesn't drop the price. I bought my DSi in 2010 and it was a nice looking special edtion Saga 2 DSi at a good price.

The DSi XL/LL costs more than the 3DS.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Acevil said:
kitler53 said:
damnit vita, you're suppose to fall under 10k for my prediction.

also, what's the YoY for wii/ps3. they look perfectly flat to me which seems...surprising.

The strange thing is, wii didn't get a price-cut in Japan if I remember correctly. Only a bigger bundle. 

Dude, im pretty sure that the Wii got a price cut in Japan last year... it was selling below 7k, i remember that he got a bigger bundle, but i also think it got a pricecut...

Quite a slow week, even with the SW release.

Time for vita to take psp 's place.

Toi and re:revelation numbers are okay.We will see if they have legs.

And just like usual,3ds number is fascinating.

Around the Network
smbu2000 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

The DSi is the exact same price as the 3DS in Japan. The 3DS can play all of the DSi games as well as 3DS games. Unless you just like a certain color or get a good deal on one there isn't really a reason to get one as long as Nintendo doesn't drop the price. I bought my DSi in 2010 and it was a nice looking special edtion Saga 2 DSi at a good price.

Wow, that's just plain stupid. Nintendo need to reconsider their strategies lol.

italo244 said:
Acevil said:
kitler53 said:
damnit vita, you're suppose to fall under 10k for my prediction.

also, what's the YoY for wii/ps3. they look perfectly flat to me which seems...surprising.

The strange thing is, wii didn't get a price-cut in Japan if I remember correctly. Only a bigger bundle. 

Dude, im pretty sure that the Wii got a price cut in Japan last year... it was selling below 7k, i remember that he got a bigger bundle, but i also think it got a pricecut...

No, it didn't get a price cut, it just got a nicer bundle. Before it was 20,000 yen for a Wii and controller (no game as Wii Sports was never bundled in Japan).

It's still at the same price, but now it includes Wii Sports Resort and 2 controllers (1 blue and 1 either white/black depending on the color of the Wii system you get.) There is another bundle as well for the same price, but it includes Wii Party (instead of WSR) and again has 2 controllers (1 pink and 1 white/black)

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
smbu2000 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Wow, that's just plain stupid. Nintendo need to reconsider their strategies lol.

Well I think it was just to push the 3DS more (as they know their future is with that and not the DSi). In Japan, Nintendo dropped the 3DS price from 25,000 yen (original price) down to 15,000 yen. That's what the DSi price was at the time and it remains unchanged.

The XL/LL is more like a niche product at the moment for people who want a larger screen. It was and still is 18,000 yen.

Those 3DS numbers fills my heart with rainbows.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
smbu2000 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

They have been doing this stupidity with the DS Family for awhile now. They keep supposrting the DSi/XL with bundles and price cuts, they need to drop support all together with the DSi/Xl/Lite its hurting the 3DS's sales.