By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo creating new 2D side-scrolling Mario for 3DS

From Nintendo Corporate Management Policy Briefing/ Third Quarter Financial Results Briefing:

''we intend to release these various titles without any extreme interruptions. In addition to what you can see here, a number of titles unannounced from third-party developers will be available. Although there is no logo here, we are planning to release a totally new side-scrolling action Super Mario in 2D as a key title for the Nintendo 3DS in the next fiscal year.

With the fulfillment of software, we are confident that we will be able to make the Nintendo 3DS active for the full year as the mainstream platform in the video game market.''

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/120127/03.html

Around the Network

Crud. I made a thread of this too. D:
It's still good news!

3DS will take off big again, especially in Japan.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

rolstoppable will be extremly happy

bobgamez said:
rolstoppable will be extremly happy

Malstrom too!

Around the Network

Nintendo is not kidding with the 3DS. This 2D Mario game alonside Animal Crossing 3D is going to make the 3DS move a lot of units this year.

sensebringer said:

Nintendo is not kidding with the 3DS. This 2D Mario game alonside Animal Crossing 3D is going to make the 3DS move a lot of units this year.

Those two will be the movers and shakers, but they'll also be supported by plenty of other games that have a strong following.

I mean, jeez, this year alone the 3DS is getting:

- 2D Mario

-Animal Crossing

-Resident Evil Revelations

-Kingdom Hearts

-Fire Emblem

-Theatrythm Final Fantasy

-Paper Mario

-Monster Hunter 4 (at least in Japan, unknown if that's coming here)

-Probably a bunch I'm missing, not to mention the blowout they're sure to have at E3.

3DS has no games, whaaaaat?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
thekitchensink said:
sensebringer said:

Those two will be the movers and shakers, but they'll also be supported by plenty of other games that have a strong following.

- 2D Mario

-Animal Crossing

-Kingdom Hearts

-Fire Emblem

-Paper Mario

-Probably a bunch I'm missing, not to mention the blowout they're sure to have at E3.

3DS Domination!

Awesome!
Can't wait! :D

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

sensebringer said:
thekitchensink said:
sensebringer said:

- 2D Mario

-Animal Crossing

-Kingdom Hearts

-Fire Emblem

-Paper Mario

3DS Domination!

XD I forgot Kid Icarus, too.  I wouldn't be surprised if there was an announcement for the 3DS version of Smash Bros at E3 this year either.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."