By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mr. Iwata Announces 2D Mario for 3DS!

Tagged games:

KylieDog said:
happydolphin said:
KylieDog said:
We already got one Mario game, why do another when lots of other series can use, Donkey Kong, Metroid, an actual new Zelda or actual new Starwing.

Mario, Mario, Mario. Boring, boring, boring.

Because it is easy to make (little time needed), and will reel in the dought. With the dought raked in at the expense of little dev time, they can use that dough to hire more people to make more Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Starwing.

It's win-win.

Yeah just like with the Wii right?  All those cheap and easy to make games like Wii Sports Resort and NSMBW went and funded the big blockbuster games and bought exclusives!  Like Mario Party 9.

Wtf? No!

Like Skyward Sword, Kirby's return to Dreamland, and all the 3DS and upcoming Wii U games. Nintendo didn't cut down on Wii support for MP9, are you kidding me? :P

It was for the games we have on 3DS atm and for upcoming Wii U games, plus the e-shop, Nintendo Network, and tons of other very important ventures Nintendo needs to throw their cash at. Plus they need to catch up on their losses from this year due to 3DS being sold at a loss and R&D for the Wii U, plus the weak Yen. It's all inter-connected.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
NintendoPie said:
KylieDog said:
happydolphin said:
KylieDog said:
We already got one Mario game, why do another when lots of other series can use, Donkey Kong, Metroid, an actual new Zelda or actual new Starwing.

Because it is easy to make (little time needed), and will reel in the dought. With the dought raked in at the expense of little dev time, they can use that dough to hire more people to make more Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Starwing.

It's win-win.

Yeah just like with the Wii right?  All those cheap and easy to make games like Wii Sports Resort and NSMBW went and funded the big blockbuster games and bought exclusives!  Like Mario Party 9.

Neither of those games were cheap. Both were well made and fun.

Oh come on, NSMBW used two toads, ideally it could have used a load of characters and given options but they couldn't even manage four.  There is no defending Wii Sports Resort in claming it was a high budget game.

You don't lik NSMBW because of some toads...?

I know, WSR wasn't a high budget game but it was a good one.

KylieDog said:
happydolphin said:
KylieDog said:
happydolphin said:
KylieDog said:

It's win-win.

Wtf? No!

Like Skyward Sword, Kirby's return to Dreamland, and all the 3DS and upcoming Wii U games. Nintendo didn't cut down on Wii support for MP9, are you kidding me? :P

It was for the games we have on 3DS atm and for upcoming Wii U games, plus the e-shop, Nintendo Network, and tons of other very important ventures Nintendo needs to throw their cash at. Plus they need to catch up on their losses from this year due to 3DS being sold at a loss and R&D for the Wii U, plus the weak Yen. It's all inter-connected.

Zelda was already being made and Kirby is not a blockbuster, you're claiming the Wii money went to 3DS games now but where are they?  Wasn't it said just before xmas that SSBB3DS still hadn't started development?  I really don't care for money from 3DS sales going to the Wii U like you also suggest either.

I was talking about the games you mentioned (Wii games mostly) being used to sponsor the next gen services and games.

I understand you don't like profit being ported from one platform's success to the other, but they are a company and distribute their profits to push the ventures they so please. Same goes for Sony with PS3/Vita.

All in all, whether they are used from 3DS to Wii U ventures, one thing is certain is that they return so much gold that there is enough to compensate for the lost time for 3DS resources as far as I can tell. The ROI is so high I don't think we really need to worry imho kyliedog.

spurgeonryan said:
Cannot find it now. Glad you have a 3DS guy who I asked. You were right Ninpie.

What was I right about?