By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiU to be launched at the end of the year in all markets

AstroMaSSi said:
I'll buy Wii U 21/12/2012.

Will it contain the new Mayan Calendar?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

I really want to see the games...this may be the first time I EVER skip a Nintendo console at launch. Ever.

..... I blame Star Wars: The Old Republic and Battlefield 3 on my PC.

And Wii Fit.

Pavolink said:
AstroMaSSi said:

The Kernel is based on Mayan calendar. The final tablet shape will be similar to Quetzacoatl.

AstroMaSSi rules

I suppose shit just got real with this..

Will be an interesting end year.

If it launches in the middle of the holiday shopping season, and with a decent launch lineup, it could really take off.

and as for 12/21/12, I've got my shit packed!! Just in case!!

Around the Network

I was thinking of getting this day one but now that I think about it I probably should wait at least 1 year. My reasoning is that the last Nintendo system I got on release was the GC and we all know how that turned out. So for Nintendo to be successful I have to wait like I did with the Wii till Smash was released. If I don't then Nintendo will be jinxed but if I follow through with my patience Nintendo will win the next generation.

My poor 2012 predictions, ruined in the first month.

AstroMaSSi said:
Pavolink said:
AstroMaSSi said:

The Kernel is based on Mayan calendar. The final tablet shape will be similar to Quetzacoatl.

Rebranded Wii U as Nintendo Maya with the QuetzaPad confirmed.

@Aj_habfan - That's what I call a funny comment.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Euphoria14 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Euphoria14 said:
Galaki said:
So, we get to taste it before the world ends. That's not so bad.

Nope, it is going to bomb hard. Knowing humans, there will be mass panic come the end of the year and everyone will be spending their money on water and canned goods, thinking it will keep them alive after the apocalypse.

There won't be any money left to spend on the Wii U.

Now, with the 720 launching in 2013 it is going to sell boatloads thanks to what I mentioned above. People spent so much on canned goods that they don't need to buy anymore throughout 2013, enabling them to save up plenty of cash for the 2013 holiday season, and the 720 will be the new HOT item.

Pretty funny how you assume there will still be Wii U's for sale after the apocalypse :D

No, my point is that they will realize after 12/21/2012 there there was no apocalypse, however they will be out of money because they blew their savings on canned goods and bottled water, so if they want a new console like the Wii U they will need to save up. Now when they finally have the money together they will find that the XBox720 comes out in a couple of months, so they divert their money that way rather than on the Wii U.

Microsoft are geniuses!

Don't be silly, the sensible among us have already stockpiled canned goods and other supplies to avoid the mad rush when the inevitable apocalypse happens. Leaving us free to buy the Wii U.

VGChartz

milkyjoe said:
Euphoria14 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Euphoria14 said:
Galaki said:
So, we get to taste it before the world ends. That's not so bad.

Nope, it is going to bomb hard. Knowing humans, there will be mass panic come the end of the year and everyone will be spending their money on water and canned goods, thinking it will keep them alive after the apocalypse.

There won't be any money left to spend on the Wii U.

Now, with the 720 launching in 2013 it is going to sell boatloads thanks to what I mentioned above. People spent so much on canned goods that they don't need to buy anymore throughout 2013, enabling them to save up plenty of cash for the 2013 holiday season, and the 720 will be the new HOT item.

Pretty funny how you assume there will still be Wii U's for sale after the apocalypse :D

No, my point is that they will realize after 12/21/2012 there there was no apocalypse, however they will be out of money because they blew their savings on canned goods and bottled water, so if they want a new console like the Wii U they will need to save up. Now when they finally have the money together they will find that the XBox720 comes out in a couple of months, so they divert their money that way rather than on the Wii U.

Microsoft are geniuses!

Don't be silly, the sensible among us have already stockpiled canned goods and other supplies to avoid the mad rush when the inevitable apocalypse happens. Leaving us free to buy the Wii U.

You are clearly the exception though because while a person can be smart, people are stupid.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!