By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Who buys What?

Who is buying Wii's? If you plan on buying a Wii say what consoles you have owned, and how many games you buy a year.

Who is buying a PS3?  If you plan on buying a PS3 say what consoles you have owned, and how many games you buy a year.

Who is buying a 360? How many games do you have for it? How many games do you own? How many do you buy a year normally?

How many games you have total (guess)
How many games you buy a year. (give a guess)

I am looking  to classify who is buying what. The sales of 'GodFather' on the Wii amazed me. I expected it to sell much better than the PS3 version. The PS3 version has a whole 17% lead on total sales.

Why are people who buy a Wii, not buying games?

Also::: If anyone has information on software attach ratios. Please, lend me your powers, and give a software attach ratio for all consoles, for, 3rd party games exclusivly, 1st party exclusivly, and then combined.

Who is buying what? 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

I have a PS3, Wii and I plan on buying a 360.

I buy 1-2 games a month, so that is about 10-20games/year.

I also buy alot of cheap games. (alot) 

I'm a Wii-man, and I've owned various consoles, mainly Gamecube, N64, Genesis and Atari...various others I didn't focus on.

I buy around 1 game a month I guess, maybe less...it tends to be 10 games or less per year. DS games are a little easier to buy on a whim. I do agree that Wii games seem overpriced....they're super fun! But I don't feel like paying $50 for Excite Truck...though it's very close. If it was $40, I probably would get it, though I prefer $30. SSX Blur should be $40, but Zelda's ok at $50, and I'm sure SMG, Metroid, and SSBB will be worth $50 to me.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
I'm a Wii-man, and I've owned various consoles, mainly Gamecube, N64, Genesis and Atari...various others I didn't focus on.

I buy around 1 game a month I guess, maybe less...it tends to be 10 games or less per year. DS games are a little easier to buy on a whim. I do agree that Wii games seem overpriced....they're super fun! But I don't feel like paying $50 for Excite Truck...though it's very close. If it was $40, I probably would get it, though I prefer $30. SSX Blur should be $40, but Zelda's ok at $50, and I'm sure SMG, Metroid, and SSBB will be worth $50 to me.

So, no sony's. So you ar, and always have been a nintendo fanboy. XD Almost every game you list is a nintendo game, and not 3rd party. ;)

Thanks for the reply.

(I just wanna say, this is not bashing anyone, this is me trying to figure out why 3rd party sales are so horrible on the Wii. I am not bashing the Wii on this. I am seriously dumbstruck at how bad GodFather sold. That is not nintendo. That is people buying the game... or the lack thereof. Why dont people who play nintendo... buy 3rd party games? Are people who buy the Wii, people who stopped playing games 10 years ago? Are they wanting to try the Wii to see if it can re-invent their intrest? What if it dont? They wont buy games? Lower attach ratio? Lower total sales? Is that what is happening? That is the only conclusion I can come to.

I don't think that qualifies me as a "fanboy"...note the previous Genesis and Atari...

And I mentioned those games because those are the games that I want to buy...they are the games that interest me the most...tell me Godfather > SMG or SSBB and pretty much everyone will call you crazy. 

I don't think 3rd party sales have been that bad...they're not spectacular, but there's plenty of hope.

I plan on getting RE4 Wii, since I never owned RE4.  I plan on getting RE: UC, because it looks fun, and I need to prove it's fun to my friends hehe.  I'm going to get No More Heroes if it turns out well...the concept and style draws me in. 

I'm not getting just 10 games this year because I only hold out for Nintendo games...I'm getting only 10 games because I hardly have any money. 

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:

I don't think that qualifies me as a "fanboy"...note the previous Genesis and Atari...

And I mentioned those games because those are the games that I want to buy...they are the games that interest me the most...tell me Godfather > SMG or SSBB and pretty much everyone will call you crazy.

I don't think 3rd party sales have been that bad...they're not spectacular, but there's plenty of hope.

I plan on getting RE4 Wii, since I never owned RE4. I plan on getting RE: UC, because it looks fun, and I need to prove it's fun to my friends hehe. I'm going to get No More Heroes if it turns out well...the concept and style draws me in.

I'm not getting just 10 games this year because I only hold out for Nintendo games...I'm getting only 10 games because I hardly have any money.

The fact you are short on money... and you dont buy a PS2. (120$ cheaper, games are normally 10$ cheaper, and MANY MANY more games to pick from) Makes you a fanboy. Crap, the fact you dont have a PS2, makes you quite the nintendo fanboy in it's own almost.

Kwaad,

Here is what I have listed in my profile:

Games Systems I have owned: NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Vetrex, Gameboy, Neo Geo Pocket N64, PS(one), PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, Sega Dreamcast, Wii, DS

Systems I have played* : Atari 2600, Sega CD, Sega Saturn, GameGear, Atari Lynx, Virtua Boy, PSP, Xbox 360

*I do not count playing demos here. This considers serious gameplay only.

Systems Demo-ed Only: Sega 32X, Neo Geo, Panasonic 3DO, PS3

How many games to I have? Currently most likely around 80. How many have I owned in the past? Hundreds.

How many games I buy in a year depends a lot about what is produced. Usually in the launch year of a console I don't buy much, as I don't find much worth the entire amount of money I have to pay.

If titles are a plenty, and worth the money, I’ll pay. Plus my wife is a gamer, so the rate of purchases increase with her interests as well.

On a personal note, I’ll rent Godfather, only because I have the Blockbuster game pass.
For me, it looks like nothing but a GTA clone, and typically movie based games are horrible. Of course there are exceptions ( Goldeneye ), and I’m willing to give it a try. But nothing has sparked my interest about the game beyond the solid hype it is getting.

Also, I think it would be interesting to know how many of the Wii console owners to which have not bought third party games, have bought VC games.

"There are three types of lies : Lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli ( Made famous by Mark Twain )

PSN ID: DeviantPathways

Wii Number: 0081 3044 1559 2355

Or...Nintendo made a console that I find very appealing, with great potential.  I would really like to get a PS2 soon...I still have to play through Shadow of the Colossus and the first God of War.

Just because I picked a console over another doesn't make me a fanboy of that company.  Yes, the Wii cost more, but I see a lot of value in it...it's fun!  I didn't get around to buying a PS2, because I'm not made of money, and buying a PS2 at this moment is still not in the cards...I know there will be new games on the next-gen systems like Wii, and buying a PS2 would not let play those games...which would suck.  I can buy a PS2 later and get those games later...I want to get new games when they come out, so sue me. 

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

PS3 - 4 games, 2 PSn games, 2 Br movies

On PS2 had about, 35 games.

Will get as much as 20 games by Jan1 2008 ... least 10 for sure.

had Pegasus, NES, SNES, PS2, PS3

ps - i blew 4k candaien on PS3 hdtv sound system games cables stand... what not. 

BenKenobi88 said:

Or...Nintendo made a console that I find very appealing, with great potential. I would really like to get a PS2 soon...I still have to play through Shadow of the Colossus and the first God of War.

Just because I picked a console over another doesn't make me a fanboy of that company. Yes, the Wii cost more, but I see a lot of value in it...it's fun! I didn't get around to buying a PS2, because I'm not made of money, and buying a PS2 at this moment is still not in the cards...I know there will be new games on the next-gen systems like Wii, and buying a PS2 would not let play those games...which would suck. I can buy a PS2 later and get those games later...I want to get new games when they come out, so sue me.

I'm just saying. You can buy God of War... for 15$ (if you dont mind used games) and 20$ new. That is a poor mans game. (there is nothing announced on the Wii that I feel will compare to God of War... actually I think God of War is one of the best games in history... God of War2 was the same game... just more. (that was good, becuase makeing a game that close to perfect... better... usually goes the wrong way... That is in refrence to nintendo by the way)

The PS2 is still getting more smash hits in 2007 than the Wii. (I think) and come around 2008 the Wii might pull ahead.

Also, I fergot to list how many games I have.

I have around 200PC games and around 40PS2 games, about 10GC games, 1PSP, about 8DS... and 1 X-Box game. (Sue me, I found it after I sold the console, and I just decided it wasnt worth selling that game becuase I'm planning on getting a 360, and the game is on the backwards compatablity list)